Page 32 of 83 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast

Thread: Aimpoint ACRO P-2

Tim, not having a CORE etc I've gone the Atei shim sight route. While I do not have the measurement, AmeiGlo has a front sight that works with the Shim Sight

The CORE BUIS are grotesquely tall (and sharp), and I can't imagine carrying anything taller. I used to have an Acro on a CORE, and didn't have issues, but I can't remember what plate I used. Wouldn't this work with the OEM BUIS:

https://chpws.com/product/v4-mil-leo...aimpoint-acro/
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    The optics ready M&P's come with optic height sights...kinda. With an Acro P2 mounted to an M&P with the Aimpoint plate, the sights are too short to actually provide any sort of sight picture through the optic.

Anyone know offhand what size sights will work with that combo? I've been looking at Dawson's .405" rear and .320" front as a possibility.
    I took my P2 off my M&P/ACRO plate and put it back on a Glock, so I don't have pictures, but from my memory the sights were visible but very low in the window - which is how I like them, so I never replaced them.

I still have my P1 on an M&P, but that one is direct mounted - the dots on the irons are visible on that one.

Aimpoint ACRO P-2

Got a chance to put some rounds through these today, and I’m really liking the P2. It is definitely my favorite pistol mounted red dot compared to the others I’ve used (RMR, SRO, 509t x2, 508t x2).

Unfortunately, it looks like one of mine has some debris inside the front lens to it may need a trip back to Aimpoint. It isn’t really noticeable in use, but a little frustrating as long as I’ve waited to get my hands on them.

TREX says they will have 40 in stock Tuesday morning.

Quote Originally Posted by dontshakepandas View Post
    Well that’s a bummer.
    I called Aimpoint USA on a lark today, the fellow on the phone told me that they were expecting the covers to come in during summer, probably June, with July being the latest; this would include the entire line, the blacks, the transparents, and even the one with the built-in ARD. Given their issues with the P-2s in general, I'd take the timeline with a grain of salt (especially since the CSR also stated that they were still undergoing testing?), but I am happy to hear that they are coming eventually, I'll throw them on my NODs gun as a back-up RDS (still don't complete trust EOTech) while having the ability to protect it during force-on-force.

Quick update on battery life. I turned the P2 on, two clicks down from max intensity, when I got the P2 back in December. It has been on continuously since then, and the battery is still going strong.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    The optics ready M&P's come with optic height sights...kinda. With an Acro P2 mounted to an M&P with the Aimpoint plate, the sights are too short to actually provide any sort of sight picture through the optic.

Anyone know offhand what size sights will work with that combo? I've been looking at Dawson's .405" rear and .320" front as a possibility.
    Following up on this, I broke out the digital calipers. The factory rear on the pistol I purchased is .405" high.

I ordered a .450" rear and .360" and a .375" front sight from Dawson Precision. I think between all of those I'll be able to get the co-witness I'm looking for.
    3/15/2016

I had the same problem with my P-2 with Dawson plate. I removed the two small rubber o-rings from the top of the plate and now the P-2 sits flat.

Quote Originally Posted by rathos View Post
    I got the p-1 locking block today. It is exactly the same as the P-2, it just has a different locking screw. It does the same thing with the DUO plate where it is canted to the side. I picked a new CHPWS acro plate. While the P-2 sits on it evenly, it will not lock down and it rattles around. The box said it comes with two mounting screws and two o rings, but there were no o-rings in the box and there is a third screw that if installed helps to lock down the p-2, but keeps your firing pin from working. I am going to connect with CHPWS and see what they say, but I have a feeling I am up shit creek until Dawson comes out with a acro p-2 plate, or CHPWS can help.

User Tag List