Page 82 of 83 FirstFirst ... 327280818283 LastLast

Thread: Aimpoint ACRO P-2

Last I knew, the comment made was that they would only consider an ACRO plate if the manufacturer (ie AimPoint) was able to resolve issues with the mounting system’s QC or something to that effect. I can’t find the quote, but the one I CAN find on Instagram just said “We’re trying. It’s a long story.” That was two and a half years ago. Something tells me it’s not gonna happen unless the ACRO becomes a standard. Which is a little odd, if you ask me. I love all things LTT, but nobody else seems to struggle with an ACRO cut, so it must have something to do with how their plate specifically is designed?

Quote Originally Posted by Basher View Post
    Last I knew, the comment made was that they would only consider an ACRO plate if the manufacturer (ie AimPoint) was able to resolve issues with the mounting system’s QC or something to that effect. I can’t find the quote, but the one I CAN find on Instagram just said “We’re trying. It’s a long story.” That was two and a half years ago. Something tells me it’s not gonna happen unless the ACRO becomes a standard. Which is a little odd, if you ask me. I love all things LTT, but nobody else seems to struggle with an ACRO cut, so it must have something to do with how their plate specifically is designed?
    The verbatim reply:

…currently at this time we do not have an ACRO plate in development, I'm sure with enough requests from our customers, that may change in the future.

Thank you,
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    The verbatim reply:
    Interesting? Maybe LTT’s view has changed? My info is from a year+ ago, so that’s likely. Maybe with time we’ll see one then. I’d also want Aimpoint to release a 6MOA option, too. I don’t ask for much, do I?

Quote Originally Posted by Noah View Post
    Too early to tell, and there's a huge market for the RMSC/507K type slim EDC optics, and the RMR print is still going strong, and Sig is keeping the DPP alive...

But the factory direct Acro LE guns are a big win for the Acro style.

This looks pretty tempting, for those who want to just buy the turnkey ACRO setup. Factory direct cut ACRO with optic factory mounted (non-MOS multi-adapter) on Glock 45 at right around $1K online currently.

https://taloinc.com/news/talo-introd...-aimpoint-acro

Quote Originally Posted by RealSelf View Post
    This looks pretty tempting, for those who want to just buy the turnkey ACRO setup. Factory direct cut ACRO with optic factory mounted (non-MOS multi-adapter) on Glock 45 at right around $1K online currently.

https://taloinc.com/news/talo-introd...-aimpoint-acro
    That’s what I ended up doing.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

I’m impressed enough with my pair of P-2s that I’m looking at playing optic checkers - moving one from a 19 MOS that isn’t getting use over to my i-Dot P30, and using the RMR on that P30 for a new i-Dot P30SK build. Wright Armory confirmed I can do that with a simple plate change, the front sight is the same - plus I can reuse the RMR plate on the new build for a little cost savings.
    Ken

If I were a pot-stirrer, I might muse that an ACRO P2 on a Glock is kind of like putting black truffles and a few slices of Jamón Ibérico de Bellota on a McDonalds cheeseburger...

But since I'm not, I won't say that. Carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by Archer1440 View Post
    If I were a pot-stirrer, I might muse that an ACRO P2 on a Glock is kind of like putting black truffles and a few slices of Jamón Ibérico de Bellota on a McDonalds cheeseburger...

So a duty grade optic doesn't suit a duty grade firearm? I'm not following your logic...

I am putting a P2 in a Scalarworks mount on my new Rattler LT.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Archer1440 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by RealSelf View Post
    So a duty grade optic doesn't suit a duty grade firearm? I'm not following your logic...
    While the comment gave me a good chuckle, I'm with RealSelf on this one. I've moving away from Glocks myself (nothing wrong with them, I just find other options work better for me overall right now), but they're a proven platform. They're certainly not Gucci in stock form, but slapping a duty optic on a duty pistol seems pretty logical to me...

User Tag List