Page 78 of 83 FirstFirst ... 28687677787980 ... LastLast

Thread: Aimpoint ACRO P-2

Quote Originally Posted by DLWinner View Post
    What’s the plate everyone is using for MOS glocks?
    FCD for me
    Support the Second Amendment Foundation and the Firearms Policy Coalition, join and give!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by DMCutter View Post
    That's quite a testament to how tight that thing is. What I'm having a harder time with is getting my head wrapped around 56 hours of scouring the bottom of a rapidly flowing zero vis river and actually finding anything.
    DMCutter,

Not sure about your reference to 56 hours of searching a river. The SCDNR unit w/pistol, WML and ACRO were in the river for 91 days. All three worked after cleanup, etc.
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by DLWinner View Post
    What’s the plate everyone is using for MOS glocks?
    I strongly recommend the Tango Down plate (which they OEM to Forward Control Designs - FCD). Great materials and really great fasteners, which is the weak spot in the plate system.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    DMCutter,

Not sure about your reference to 56 hours of searching a river. The SCDNR unit w/pistol, WML and ACRO were in the river for 91 days. All three worked after cleanup, etc.
    I thought the story said one duty belt was recovered immediately but they spent 56 hours of dive time finding the second. I may be mistaken. I was commenting from a diver's standpoint. Sorry to muddy the waters.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by DMCutter View Post
    I thought the story said one duty belt was recovered immediately but they spent 56 hours of dive time finding the second. I may be mistaken. I was commenting from a diver's standpoint. Sorry to muddy the waters.
    OK, that makes sense! They recovered it on their fifth search and recovery dive, so those were some long efforts!

Quote Originally Posted by 314159 View Post
    I was gifted(!) an Acro P-2.

Thinking of putting it on a rifle (probably an AUG) as a lightweight primary optic.

Any feedback/ideas/experiences on this appreciated.
    I would sell it and get something designed for rifles. You could get a 4t Pro, or get an AEMS with about $100 to spare. Or you could spend another $200-ish and get a Micro. The Acro will work fine, but it has poor buttons compared to the above options and is less tough than all the above options, except maybe the AEMS. Youll also be buying a specific mount or a Micro adapter plate.

Site Supporter
    I made yet another attempt to find a way to use a pistol mounted optic without an auto adjust. When I set the brightness one or two below maximum (less than I sometimes need in bright sunlight), with the optic in a dimly lit room, but with plenty of light to identify targets, I am looking at a big, red window that not only makes the dot useless, but completely prevents use of the backup sights.

When I turn the auto adjust of my RM07 back on, it works in almost any light conditions. The only exceptions are when using a weapon mounted light, or when looking into a well lit room from a dimly lit room. Under those conditions, the back up sights are absolutely perfectly visible.

Significantly, as long as I have a good set of back up sights, there are absolutely zero lighting conditions in which an RM07 with good backup sights does not provide some very highly visible sight system. Obviously if the optic window became occluded, this would be an exception, but that exception exists with any optic.

I understand that not everyone likes auto adjust, but I do not understand why it cannot be provided as an option. Without this option, I would strongly prefer to simply rely on a good set of tritium iron sights without an optic.
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    I made yet another attempt to find a way to use a pistol mounted optic without an auto adjust. When I set the brightness one or two below maximum (less than I sometimes need in bright sunlight), with the optic in a dimly lit room, but with plenty of light to identify targets, I am looking at a big, red window that not only makes the dot useless, but completely prevents use of the backup sights.

When I turn the auto adjust of my RM07 back on, it works in almost any light conditions. The only exceptions are when using a weapon mounted light, or when looking into a well lit room from a dimly lit room. Under those conditions, the back up sights are absolutely perfectly visible.

Significantly, as long as I have a good set of back up sights, there are absolutely zero lighting conditions in which an RM07 with good backup sights does not provide some very highly visible sight system. Obviously if the optic window became occluded, this would be an exception, but that exception exists with any optic.

I understand that not everyone likes auto adjust, but I do not understand why it cannot be provided as an option. Without this option, I would strongly prefer to simply rely on a good set of tritium iron sights without an optic.
    I keep my dot 1 down from the brightest setting and have yet to find a situation it was not usable. Including night time patrol work. I'm not sure how you're only seeing a big red window and not the target.

Quote Originally Posted by Utm View Post
    I keep my dot 1 down from the brightest setting and have yet to find a situation it was not usable. Including night time patrol work. I'm not sure how you're only seeing a big red window and not the target.
    I don’t get it either… the first drill I always did when conditions allowed low light courses of fire in a pistol optic class was to have all students adjust the dot to full brightness, cut the lights to the point the target was unidentifiable and barely visible as a silhouette. I never had anyone not be able to use the dot. Had way more problems with auto adjust not working in varying light.

I would NOT want auto adjust on any of my dots.

One possibility is someone is not target focusing but instead trying to look through the optic body and focus on the dot instead of a spot on the target.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List