Page 66 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast

Thread: Aimpoint ACRO P-2

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Thank you. For a whole bunch of reasons, I am going to start testing an EPS 6 moa.
    Have you settled on a color choice?

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Thank you. For a whole bunch of reasons, I am going to start testing an EPS 6 moa.
    By the way, the Holosun dims you mentioned pretty much match the Trijicon RMR.

Quote Originally Posted by 1Rangemaster View Post
    Have you settled on a color choice?
    Red works better for me, given all the green in my environment during the summer months.

Quote Originally Posted by Archer1440 View Post
    By the way, the Holosun dims you mentioned pretty much match the Trijicon RMR.
    Is that the nominal RMR display or the usable RMR display? I find the Holosun 407CO/507C/509T to be a very usable non competition display and enough bigger than the Acro and RMR to notice.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Nominal, in that what I would define as “usable”, is less, as the edge distortion of the RMR tends to cause me to want to keep the dot pretty much centered in the window as a practical matter. However, I have a tendency to do that with any reflex sight.

Too many years of centering things up automatically to change that habit, I guess.

I also find window size matters somewhat less with both eyes open and properly target focused. (And yes I recognize the discrepancy there.)
    Last edited by Archer1440; 12-27-2022 at 10:20 AM.

P2's are in stock at Brownells. Also, "DEC65" is a discount code for $65 off $500 until the end of the year. Even with Texas sales tax applied, it was under $600 out the door for me.

https://www.brownells.com/optics-mou...rod143322.aspx
    Last edited by CleverNickname; 12-30-2022 at 12:31 PM.

I have another one on the way from Strohman. It’ll either go on my Tac14 or an M&P40 I’m going to have milled.

B&T says they have 234 in stock as of this writing...

https://bt-parts.com/aimpoint-acro-p...f971001680dedc

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    I have a directed milled P2 on a G22 upper. About to install BUIS and EDC this for a bit.

Are # 429 All black Ameriglos still the school solution?

Thx
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    I have a directed milled P2 on a G22 upper. About to install BUIS and EDC this for a bit.

Are # 429 All black Ameriglos still the school solution?

Thx
    The 10-8 version of the 429 is also well regarded and might be better, as it has a set-screw for the rear sight preventing the walk that occasionally occurs with the 429.
    Anything I post is my opinion alone as a private citizen.

Well, a pretty intensive range trip with the ACRO P2 has me feeling pretty good about it.

Our resident Aimpoint rep here helped me out with finding a plate for one of my spare Volkspistole neun lang which resulted in a great experience with their customer service and a quick delivery. (Thank you!!)

The (B+T made, superbly machined steel) plate was a perfect fit on the slide, and works fine with either OEM HK plate screws, or the included screws that come with the plate. Mounting the optic to the plate is remarkably easy. I went with HK's recommended 2 Nm torque spec on the plate with my usual solid blue Loctite, and 2.2 Nm on the Aimpoint mounting screw.

Initial laser bore sighting after the mounting job looked pretty promising, with my laser essentially on top of the dot at 10 yards. I got a perfectly usable bottom co-witness with the irons on this particular build, using XS minimalist suppressor height sights.

Zeroed at 25 yards with 124 grain Norma, which required a grand total of four clicks in elevation and *nothing* on windage. The 5-shot group in the photo below was the first one, off my bag. Also got zeroes with 147 grain WWB, 147 grain Lawman, 147 grain HST, 124 +P HST, and 124 grain S&B, with similar groups on all.

Indexing with the P-2 was, for me, very fast and easy, as was tracking the dot with a proper target focus. I ran a total of 500 rounds and re-confirmed zero afterward, and it was dead on. No Aaron Cowan treatment of course.

Back in the fall of 2020 at a repeat Gunsite 499 class, I worked with Erick Gelhaus to up my dot game, and at the time, he was carrying a P1, which he let me handle for a bit. I could see how the overall form factor might have some advantages on indexing to the dot in unusual situations like barrier shooting, etc., and he has taught me a means of indexing a dead dot with the body that applies to the ACRO and the RMR that works really well- but, I think the ACRO has an advantage here, due to the "tube"" nature of the design.

In turn this shape also does seem to drive finding the dot to be a bit easier and faster for me, at least based on my 25 yard failure drills, 15 yard "church drills" and a bunch of Bill Drills, all on the timer.

Anyway, I felt good enough about the results to throw a PL350 on the thing and stuff it down my pants. In a holster of course. (What were you thinking??)

Final observation is that there was not one iota of difference in concealment for my particular AIWB rig and body build. So that solved one big concern I had. It's a non issue for me.

And yes, a second P2 is already on the way. Dammit. P-F keeps costing me money.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

User Tag List