Page 38 of 83 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Thread: Aimpoint ACRO P-2

Drats!

I finally got a shipping notification from Strohmans today, from my October order.

1203 hrs CDT Got an alert that SKDTAC has some in stock.

1235 hrs. All gone.
    Last edited by grnamin; 05-04-2022 at 12:36 PM.

@SoCalDep, have you tried the new Aimpoint brand ACRO plates for the M&P optics ready slides? Tempted to give an Acro a try, but it seems like none of the mounting systems are really duty/carry ready.

Quote Originally Posted by thatguybryan View Post
    @SoCalDep, have you tried the new Aimpoint brand ACRO plates for the M&P optics ready slides? Tempted to give an Acro a try, but it seems like none of the mounting systems are really duty/carry ready.
    We got Aimpoint plates when we got the P2s back in July 2021. My partner has a few thousand rounds through one and I have maybe 2,000 or so through mine. We had issues with aimpoint plates in early 2020 (we spoke to them at SHOT 2020 about it, having been pretty recent) but back then we didn't have the mounting procedures we have now and were using VC-3 at the time. So far the two plate sample we have has been good-to-go. I'd carry mine on duty.

Just jumping in because misery loves company.

My duty pistol (P320) has been OOS since getting it milled for the ACRO last year... it's been painful using a backup M&P (gen 1) with irons, all the while reading about people falling into an ACRO at their LGS.

I'm enjoying reading the reviews from people who have them in hand, but I can't wait for when availability evens out.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalDep View Post
    We got Aimpoint plates when we got the P2s back in July 2021. My partner has a few thousand rounds through one and I have maybe 2,000 or so through mine. We had issues with aimpoint plates in early 2020 (we spoke to them at SHOT 2020 about it, having been pretty recent) but back then we didn't have the mounting procedures we have now and were using VC-3 at the time. So far the two plate sample we have has been good-to-go. I'd carry mine on duty.
    Awesome. Do you mind expanding on your mounting procedures (if possible)?

Quote Originally Posted by thatguybryan View Post
    Awesome. Do you mind expanding on your mounting procedures (if possible)?
    Not @SoCalDep, but I’ll toss in a couple of cents here:
    1)Check the sight for function(does it come on? Switches work, etc.)
    2)Degrease screws, screw holes, plates.
    3)Apply threadlocker to screws; blue loctite 242 or 248-liquid or stick. In the past , some used “Vibratite VC-3” which has failed.
    4)Attach plate and torque to spec. Witness mark screws w/paint pen.
    5)Attach sight and torque to spec. Witness mark.
    6)LEAVE IT ALONE FOR 24 HOURS. The mounting failures we had generally were when we didn’t do this.

I believe this is the way, but would welcome @SoCalDep comments.
    Check for tightness periodically.

Totally agree… I’ll only add that I now test fit everything after confirming function of the optic. The threads in some slides don’t play well with some fasteners, and I’ve had some optic plates come with the wrong screws, so especially with the Glock 43X/48MOS, Staccato, and Sig 320 (RMR compatible models) I’ll check for extractor function (spring tension) and in the case of Staccato, firing pin protrusion with C&H plates.

My preferred Loctite is the 248, but I’ve found 243 to also work very well.

As one notable exception, l’ve started using a VERY TINY bit of red Loctite on the Staccato/Dawson plate-slide screws at the recommendation of Staccato and after we’ve had enough come loose with our method to decide it needs something more.

Thanks, sir. I appreciate you adding the finer points also.
    As a community, we should also start to think about screw replacement at intervals. For example, at some point RMR2s will need to come off for a battery change. I believe I saw a reference that H&K is recommending screw replacement on the VP9s(?)
    I’ll toss this out to the PF community: should screws (plate, optic or both) be changed periodically?

User Tag List