Page 23 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast

Thread: Aimpoint ACRO P-2

If it weren’t P2, maybe the Steiner with no auto off. Doesn’t matter but damn the Steiner is ugly haha. Not into the holosun as you said.

Is the window being smaller than the rmr window, noticeable on the P2 during use?

Is having 2 lenses really that different?

Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    If it weren’t P2, maybe the Steiner with no auto off. Doesn’t matter but damn the Steiner is ugly haha. Not into the holosun as you said.

Is the window being smaller than the rmr window, noticeable on the P2 during use?

I demo'ed a P-2 back in August for a Mike Pannone class (thank you Wayne!) and now own one (finally...it was a bitch and half to get). I also own a Holoson 509T x2 and bunch of other optics.

If you want a closed emitter I think it is a very good option, but so is the 509T. The fact the P-2 is a giant pain to get right now isn't helping it any.

The window size compared to a RMR is not big deal. I actually find the Acro much nicer to look through. The glass is very clear without any distortion and the body of the optic seems to protect it much more from weird sun angles. If you are used to a large open emitter like the Trijicon SRO, SIG Romeo1Pro or Romeo3, or even a DPP you may not like it.

The flaw of the Acro P-2 is how damn high it mounts on pistols not specifically milled for it. The 509T is a smaller optic (although with a wider field of view) and on a Glock MOS it mounts much lower and using the steel Holosun plate it is pretty darn solid. It's also shorter front to back giving you much more flexibility with getting a gun milled for it.

I want to try an Acro P-2 on a Walther PDP since it will likely sit at a better height. Unfortunately, unless the gun is milled for the Acro (options coming from both Glock and S&W), that may be the only readily available pistol it works well on.

I think for SIG people the Romeo2 will likely be the answer for closed emitters. I also think Holosun is going to make an absolute killing on the EPS once it is released and that will become the new go-to closed emitter for most people as long as the US doesn't ban them because of their county of origin. If Trijicon got its stuff together and released a closed emitter with the durability and auto-adjust features of an optic like the RM07 I think the Acro would be even less of a player.

I think the Acro P-2's niche is going to be in the foreign military (not US) and US LE market on guns carried in an exposed security holster on a gun that is directly milled for the Acro from the factory. I think because of its size, cost, and spotty availability its use in the US non-LE market is going to be quite limited. There are just too many other good cheaper and more available options out there.

Like the Betamax vs VHS, just because the Acro may be better in many aspects, doesn't mean it will dominate like it probably could.

Well said. I can’t bring myself to Holosun.

Quote Originally Posted by KevH View Post
    ... <snip>
    Like the Betamax vs VHS, just because the Acro may be better in many aspects, doesn't mean it will dominate like it probably could.
    Welp, this ^^^^!

If it werenÂ’t P2, maybe the Steiner with no auto off. DoesnÂ’t matter but damn the Steiner is ugly haha. Not into the holosun as you said.

Two lenses for me is that different in that I have no concern of debris getting in and blocking the emitter/lens. Short story: carrying a 43X months ago with a Holosun k sight, concealed. Working a little match at an outdoor range in the Fall(leaves around). Got home after match, unholstered to secure weapon, and behold-a leaf fragment right over the lens! Rare fluke-sure-but itÂ’s one reason I prefer 2 lenses. I still carry the 43X on occasion, and am interested in their new small enclosed sight.
    All of the enclosed emitters have better “windows” IMO. All things aren’t equal, but I’m carrying a P1(want a P2), and also see the Steiner and Holosun as suitable. Hopefully Aimpoint can up the supply.

Edit: to be fair, I have little experience w/Leupold, SIG or othersÂ…

Quote Originally Posted by 1Rangemaster View Post
    Two lenses for me is that different in that I have no concern of debris getting in and blocking the emitter/lens. Short story: carrying a 43X months ago with a Holosun k sight, concealed. Working a little match at an outdoor range in the Fall(leaves around). Got home after match, unholstered to secure weapon, and behold-a leaf fragment right over the lens! Rare fluke-sure-but itÂ’s one reason I prefer 2 lenses. I still carry the 43X on occasion, and am interested in their new small enclosed sight.
    All of the enclosed emitters have better “windows” IMO. All things aren’t equal, but I’m carrying a P1(want a P2), and also see the Steiner and Holosun as suitable. Hopefully Aimpoint can up the supply.

Edit: to be fair, I have little experience w/Leupold, SIG or othersÂ…
    I watched a Hilton tan video where he says he doesn’t think there’s much of an advantage. That anything can happen and cover lenses, fog up etc on the emitters too. But idk. Seemed like a stretch or exaggeration to me. Closed emitter sounds great. Since I’m not keen on holosun I think I’ll buys an acro plate and wait for the p2 to come out.

Probably picking up a 19.5 mos next week. Bought some 10-8 mos sights. Need kydex and maybe an scd.

Site Supporter
    I watched a Hilton tan video where he says he doesn’t think there’s much of an advantage. That anything can happen and cover lenses, fog up etc on the emitters too. But idk. Seemed like a stretch or exaggeration to me. Closed emitter sounds great. Since I’m not keen on holosun I think I’ll buys an acro plate and wait for the p2 to come out.
    All the open emitters I've carried act as a bucket for gunk to collect in. I usually clean the lens at least once every other day when carrying an open emitter. Unfortunately, the only readily available and proven closed emitter option is the 509T. Hopefully, the Steiner MPS and P2 will change that soon.

Actually both mine constantly have dust and lint. Hasn’t ever made it unusable or anything but sometimes the dust makes the dot bloom.

Quote Originally Posted by KevH View Post
    I want to try an Acro P-2 on a Walther PDP since it will likely sit at a better height. Unfortunately, unless the gun is milled for the Acro (options coming from both Glock and S&W), that may be the only readily available pistol it works well on.
    Forward Control Designs is working on an ACRO plate for the updated PDP.

CHPWS should have an ACRO plate for the original PDP.
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

Quote Originally Posted by joshs View Post
    All the open emitters I've carried act as a bucket for gunk to collect in. I usually clean the lens at least once every other day when carrying an open emitter. Unfortunately, the only readily available and proven closed emitter option is the 509T. Hopefully, the Steiner MPS and P2 will change that soon.
    Doesn't everyone just lift their shirt and blow the RMR lens clear of lint a few times a day -- major advantage of AIWB over behind the hip!
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List