Page 57 of 83 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast

Thread: Aimpoint ACRO P-2

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    MOS 6 for the 509 ?
    That’s my understanding.

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    From the internet, not my photos.

Recently assisted with a red dot for duty handgun class in Arkansas. One student, from a decent sized department in Missouri, said his agency was going to the Glock with factory 509 cut as the standard issue handgun.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Recently assisted with a red dot for duty handgun class in Arkansas. One student, from a decent sized department in Missouri, said his agency was going to the Glock with factory 509 cut as the standard issue handgun.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    My old place is looking at doing the exact same thing. They have t&e guns now, but they’re the regular MOS.

I just want to make sure I have this right before I start this G45/ACRO project that fills my mind. The ideal mounting system would be:
    1. MOS-7 (which isn’t currently available to a lowly civilian)
    2. Direct milled slide by reputable company
    3. MOS with mounting plate

Am I understanding this correctly?

For those of you that care.

The light transmission for NOD use is absolutely marvelous on this thing. The glass is crystal clear under NV.

I just mounted this sucker on top of my TA02 Acog w/ Jtac industries Acro plate and it is absolutely fantastic. I was pleasantly surprised at how easily I could see through the optic.

The dot itself is also crystal clear and does not starburst for me. I have a very, very very slight astigmatism that was corrected via PRK surgery years ago and most dots are not perfectly round. They don't really starburst anymore but they certainly arent beach balls. The dot on the Acro is a beach ball for whatever reason.

I am going to pick some more of these up and may place them on some other guns as primary optics as I really like them for NV use. The housing disappears despite it being relatively thick in comparison to say a Holosun EPS.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Magsz View Post
    For those of you that care.

The light transmission for NOD use is absolutely marvelous on this thing. The glass is crystal clear under NV.

I just mounted this sucker on top of my TA02 Acog w/ Jtac industries Acro plate and it is absolutely fantastic. I was pleasantly surprised at how easily I could see through the optic.

The dot itself is also crystal clear and does not starburst for me. I have a very, very very slight astigmatism that was corrected via PRK surgery years ago and most dots are not perfectly round. They don't really starburst anymore but they certainly arent beach balls. The dot on the Acro is a beach ball for whatever reason.

I am going to pick some more of these up and may place them on some other guns as primary optics as I really like them for NV use. The housing disappears despite it being relatively thick in comparison to say a Holosun EPS.
    It is an awesome optic, Magz. And it's very adaptable to carbine use, too.
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

Site Supporter
    Mt Olympus, Los Angeles, CA, United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    It is an awesome optic, Magz. And it's very adaptable to carbine use, too.
    Why would anyone choose an ACRO P-2 for carbine use over a Micro T-2?
    Michael@massmeans.com | Zeleny@post.harvard.edu | westcoastguns@gmail.com | larvatus prodeo @ livejournal | +1-323-363-1860 | “If at first you don’t succeed, keep on sucking till you do succeed.” — Curly Howard, 1936 | “All of old. Nothing else ever. Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.” — Samuel Beckett, 1984

Quote Originally Posted by zeleny View Post
    Size, weight, and cost.

Quote Originally Posted by zeleny View Post
    Hrm.

Realistically, if the budget isn't factored in, there is really no reason to choose this over a T2.

There are some use cases that could be justified which I will outline below:

Low vis options. For smaller weapons, a smaller optic makes sense. The Acro is smaller than a T2 and is lower profile. You're kind of splitting hairs at this point and really getting pretty far into the weeds here to justify that as a selling point.

The Acro is an excellent secondary sighting system due to its size. It integrates very well with LPVO's and ACOG's due to its smaller size and relatively unobtrusive foot print.

Other than that, it simply comes down to what you want. If you want to run an Acro for Aesthetic purposes then rock on. I can't argue with that. It's kind of a cool looking optic.

Site Supporter
    Mt Olympus, Los Angeles, CA, United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    Size, weight, and cost.
    I just purchased a brand new Aimpoint Micro T-2 for $650.00. Finding an ACRO P-2 for a similar price remains a challenge.
    Michael@massmeans.com | Zeleny@post.harvard.edu | westcoastguns@gmail.com | larvatus prodeo @ livejournal | +1-323-363-1860 | “If at first you don’t succeed, keep on sucking till you do succeed.” — Curly Howard, 1936 | “All of old. Nothing else ever. Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.” — Samuel Beckett, 1984

User Tag List