Page 62 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast

Thread: Aimpoint ACRO P-2

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    For those running an Acro on a M&P CORE, what is the best optic plate?
    I’ve tried two C&H plates for the M&P optic-ready (O.R.) and looking at the gaps when mounted I won’t use either one. that was from December of last year so if they’ve changed the design it might be an option.

We had issues early-on with the Aimpoint factory (B&T) plate, but that was back when we were using VC-3 (Booo!) and didn’t have our mounting methods down.

Since our mounting methods have improved I’ve used the Aimpoint factory mount on a few pistols that have done fine over at least a few thousand rounds.

I recently got an ACRO plate from Tango Down for the M&P and it seems to be good quality, but when I went to mount it to my M&P 2.0 O.R. The irons weren’t visible. That’s not a killer deal because one could order taller irons... that said, the O.R. Already comes with taller sights, so I’m not a huge fan of having to get even taller sights.

Ultimately the ACRO P-2 went back onto the direct-mount factory gun.

There’s a company out of Tennessee (coincidentally about 20 min from our TN house) that is run by a guy who is a former San Diego cop... He has trained with my partner and I, so when he retired and started a company making titanium optic plates he asked if we wanted to check them out and sent us three. One is for the ACRO and M&P. My partner (GJM - you know him from the GAS match) has been running one for a while and it’s had no issues. It’s titanium which is cool. And it’s got that cool titanium blue finish that’s cool. I have one on a PC M&P 2.0 with an SRO and it looks rad, functioning with no issues. Another instructor has many thousands of rounds through the third on a 5” with an SRO.

His website is eleven71design.com

If I were to recommend a plate for the O.R. Series it would be the Aimpoint factory (B&T) or the eleven71 plate.

What is crazy, is how a platform interacts with optics, has become for me, one of the most important criteria in evaluating a type of pistol.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I’m wondering how well one of the plates would hold up on a M&P 10mm. I’d rather be able to buy a non optic ready 10mm and have it milled for an ACRO.

How are people liking these on carry guns?

Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    I’m wondering how well one of the plates would hold up on a M&P 10mm. I’d rather be able to buy a non optic ready 10mm and have it milled for an ACRO.
    I would feel a lot better about the new G5 20 MOS with a TD plate.

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    I love it for field use but not so much for concealed carry, as the Acro profile is substantial.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I cannot conceal it under a fairly heavy sweater, trying two appendix holsters on which I have both the wedges and the claws. Not even a "casual cover"; prints a ton. Haven't tried a strong side yet but it is no go for EDC for me.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

@YVK and @GJM thank you gentlemen

I prefer the 509t2 for CCW.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Site Supporter
    Very Preliminary POV based on shooting a 507 v the P-2 ( 2000 rds max between the two (1700/300)

1. For a plinker to an enthusiastic EDC CCWer- it might be overkill such that the 407/507/509 offerings from Holosun might be a better intersection of quality/value/performance

2. For LEO/GOVT/MIL applications, particularly if regularly and potentially exposed to impact and/or adverse conditions- The juice is very likely worth the squeeze.

3. Any optic I have to dismount to change the battery is a no go.

4. Mounting geometry relative to the ejection port on a given gun makes the SRO questionable.

YMMV Greatly
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

It prints a little more than the DPP I had on my old carry gun, but really not all that much.

User Tag List