Page 80 of 83 FirstFirst ... 30707879808182 ... LastLast

Thread: Aimpoint ACRO P-2

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    You can’t avoid looking through the window, that’s the only way to see your dot. The key is looking THROUGH the window and not AT the window. You have to treat it like every other window in your life. When you drive, you look through the windshield in order to see things on the other side of it such as cars and pedestrians (target focus). For the purposes of seeing the things on the other side of the window, it might as well not even be there with how little of your visual focus is on the glass itself. You see through it as if it wasn’t even there. You don’t look at the windshield (dot focus) when trying to perceive the world on the other side of the glass.

The best way to train target focus that I’ve seen has been the occluded optic method already mentioned where you tape the target side of the lens, forcing you to focus on the target as that’s the only way to see it. Make sure you use painters tape or masking tape. Other tapes such as electrical or duct tape might leave a residue of adhesive on the lens that will be annoying to clean off. Give it a shot in dry practice. If you can’t see your target with the dot superimposed over it, that’s an immediate clue that you aren’t focusing your vision on the target.
    Well stated, what makes this so hard for people like me who had 30+ years of front sight focus trained into me is the concept that there becomes zero focus on the gun at all. It was very hard for me to untrain.
    Support the Second Amendment Foundation and the Firearms Policy Coalition, join and give!

Quote Originally Posted by TCB View Post
    Attachment 114389
    I wanted/needed another P-2 and had been putting it off…when the FDE became readily available it pushed me over the edge.
    Hard fail, no FDE mag release!
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

😂 when Glock starts making the OEM extended one in Tan I’ll be all over it!

lower 1/4 co-witness?

Wager recommends Ameriglo XL for lower 1/3. (.315 front/.394 rear)

Looking for lower 1/4 or 1/5. Anyone know if the next couple sizes down would fit the bill? For example: GL-454 (2L) - .240 front/.315 rear OR GL-455 (3L) - .260 front/.335 rear?

I asked Wager and he thought the 454's might work but didn't have one on hand to confirm. Seeking confirmation

Whats with the silver vs black adjustments? I see black on newer P2s. Were there other silent changes more meaningful that just visual, as well?

I think it’s time to dip a toe into pistol red dots.

As an Aimpoint fan, the Acro P2 is very tempting.
    Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

I have a single P-2, and it’s on a G19 that never gets shot anymore. I’m thinking it may be time to strip it off that pistol and pick up a new second P30SK (my daily carry) and send it off to Wright Armory for an I-Dot cut to fit the ACRO… I’m just not sure about the size for a compact pistol like a SK.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Name:  20240217_214557.jpg
Views: 430
Size:  69.7 KB

I finally got one. It's great.

Not sure this is the best place for this question, but given the discussion elsewhere of the direct milled ACRO G45 and PDPs I'm wondering...is the ACRO interface going to be the Pic rail of the pistol RDS? Too early to tell?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Gater View Post
    Not sure this is the best place for this question, but given the discussion elsewhere of the direct milled ACRO G45 and PDPs I'm wondering...is the ACRO interface going to be the Pic rail of the pistol RDS? Too early to tell?
    Too early to tell, and there's a huge market for the RMSC/507K type slim EDC optics, and the RMR print is still going strong, and Sig is keeping the DPP alive...

But the factory direct Acro LE guns are a big win for the Acro style.

User Tag List