Page 45 of 83 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast

Thread: Aimpoint ACRO P-2

I didn't catch that. Thank you!

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by DriftinG Z32 View Post
    I have Glock 34 Gen5 with a ACRO P-2 mounted on a TD plate. The setup is new and about two months old. I have approximately 1500 rounds through it. So far I have no mounting or optic issues…knock on wood. Sighting in at 25 yards was fairly easy. With the setup I notice it doesn’t feed 114gr ammo reliably. With 124gr and 147gr I have no issues.
    Has anyone else noticed a sensitivity with 115 gr 9mm in the ACRO P2?

I ask as a man with about 5-10 in stock notifications active.
    God Bless,

Brandon

Quote Originally Posted by BWT View Post

Reference the related post, I don’t know of any “114 grain” 9x19 ammo. That said, I have a fair amount of time(2+yrs.) on a G19&45 with a P1, and a few months with a P2 on a Gen5 19MOS. No issues with ammo from Winchester 115s to Aguila 124s to Hornady 135s(+P) to Winchester 147s, “Ranger” jhps and fmjs.
    There’s more to the function/ejection/performance issues than just bullet weight. Projectile profile, shooter grip, stance, gun condition(clean&lubed or dry and dirty?), mag condition, etc. all will be factors.
    All that said, for personal defense, I favor the heavier projectiles and higher pressures. Practice and matches, I’ll usually run lighter bullets because that’s what is on hand. Again, no function issues noted.

Edit to add: if you’re reloading ammo, I am no expert. But I would think one would have to approach factory loads for dependability, especially if you don’t screw with recoil springs, etc.
    Last edited by 1Rangemaster; 06-06-2022 at 09:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BWT View Post

I haven't had any issues with 115 gr 9mm in any of my 9mm MOS Glocks with the P2. I probably only have 1000 combined rounds at this point though.

Quote Originally Posted by grnamin View Post
    I'm curious about it because Vulcan Machine Werks offers slide cut service for the P365...

https://vulcanmachinewerks.com/sig-s...mpoint-optics/

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

I made a thread on the Acro attached to a Glock 43X/48 performed by ATEi and received no response, if it's an option than be the first one

Site Supporter
    I have over 10K of 115 and 124 grain loads of several different brands though two different Glock/ACRO demo pistols (one a G45, the other a G17). I've had one fail to fire round (dead primer) in the G45 and none in the G17. The guns are usually filthy, but wet with lube. The ACRO should have nothing to do with it from a reliability angle.
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

My experience with the Gen. 5 34 is that 115gr is week in the 34. It has been mentioned in previous posts on here by others as well. My 34 has had some issues with 115gr but it's fairly new. Switched to 124 and 147. No issues with those.

E-mailed Aimpoint about my P2 after seeing this thread, got a response within 12 hours: S/N # W5001202 from EuroOptic “good to go” re: recall.

Site Supporter
    Got the new P1-P2 plate for the Acro from Dawson. Was able to dial in my Acro P-2 in about 10 shots on my c2. Its odd how it sits higher than I thought it would on the mount, but it still sits pretty well in the holster and for whatever reason I seem to shoot it better than my P-duo with the 509T. Definitely a solid option for any one with a Staccato and the Acro P1 or P2.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    I have over 10K of 115 and 124 grain loads of several different brands though two different Glock/ACRO demo pistols (one a G45, the other a G17). I've had one fail to fire round (dead primer) in the G45 and none in the G17. The guns are usually filthy, but wet with lube. The ACRO should have nothing to do with it from a reliability angle.
    Thanks to you and others for the insight.

I don’t think bullet weight matters either typically (I’m quoting you Wayne and saying this but speaking to posters above yours) but typically 115 gr is on the lighter / plinking / target ammo where 124 grain and 147 grain are probably not as much (Federal USPSA ammo aside).

I figured just ask the question.
    God Bless,

Brandon

User Tag List