Page 46 of 83 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast

Thread: Aimpoint ACRO P-2

Quote Originally Posted by BWT View Post
    Thanks to you and others for the insight.

I don’t think bullet weight matters either typically (I’m quoting you Wayne and saying this but speaking to posters above yours) but typically 115 gr is on the lighter / plinking / target ammo where 124 grain and 147 grain are probably not as much (Federal USPSA ammo aside).

I figured just ask the question.
    While I respect your opinion, I can only speak on my results. I can tell you unequivocally that 115gr does not cycle reliably through my Gen5 34 with P-2 and 300U.

Quote Originally Posted by DriftinG Z32 View Post
    While I respect your opinion, I can only speak on my results. I can tell you unequivocally that 115gr does not cycle reliably through my Gen5 34 with P-2 and 300U.
    The problem is, what 115 gr have you used? As noted, the issue isn't the weight of the bullet, but how hot it is loaded, along with some of the more nuanced issues listed. There is a huge difference in, say, Blazer Brass 115 gr and Lawman 115 gr; the latter is a full 75 FPS faster than the former on spec sheets, while also costing more. With my comped gun running an ACRO P-1 (haven't tried it yet with a P-2), I definitely had issues with the Blazer Brass with every mag, while the Lawman cycled vigorously and had zero issues over thousands of rounds (same with the Fiocchi Shooting Dynamics 115 gr which on paper is also at 1200 FPS like the Lawman).

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by DriftinG Z32 View Post
    I’ll echo default.mp3 and ask what ammunition are you shooting?

I remember the Hk P30’s were the same way back when Todd was running the test. I do believe it was Blazer Ammunition.

ETA: I’m not saying your hiding anything or wrong - I’m just concerned and asked the clarifying question. I’m on a waiting list for one now and… I have a Glock 34 Gen 5 and Surefire 300U that it’s slated to go on ironically.
    God Bless,

Brandon

Glock 20 G4, milled by ATEI, with shimsight. Grizzly defense gun.

“There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post

Finally, a common sense BUIS.

pat

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    The optic was almost perfectly centered when mounted on the slide. It took only a few clicks in elevation and windage to zero it at 10/25yds. That's a good milling job by ATEI.

I ended up swapping the taller front sight for my standard height Ameriglo Operator, to yield my preferred BUIS setup: POI in center of optic when irons are aligned at bottom of window.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Sorry if this has been addressed already but anyone have real world experience with the battery life?

Quote Originally Posted by mrozowjj View Post
    Sorry if this has been addressed already but anyone have real world experience with the battery life?
    I believe I’m just shy (maybe 1.5-2 weeks) of a year right now with mine. Original battery still going strong bouncing back and forth between the top three settings.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I just checked the Duracell battery on my P2, that has been on continuously two clicks below max brightness since mid to late December. Battery tester says 20 percent so I will change the battery. Seems like acceptable battery life.
    This was my post on May7.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Has anyone used the P2 for passive aiming?
    Comparison to something like a Micro or AEMS for light transmossion?

Thinking about getting one for offset use on a rifle

User Tag List