Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: The pistol design elements mix-and-match game

Things that would make me go all Fry "take my money":

If you could make a P30, with a G19/P2000 length grip, took G19 mags but still with the paddle release, had a deep optics cut so you didn't need a front sight that looks like an SSBM conning tower, and had a trigger from like a Langdon-tuned 92... man that would be a sweet gun.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Easy the Heckler & Kahr:

A USP frame, standard rail on the dust cover, paddle release in both full size and compact and a single stack or 1.5 stack sub-compact, with a Kahr-like DAO striker trigger and optics ready.

Quote Originally Posted by Bergeron View Post
    Squeeze-cocking is cool, but is there a price point that makes a difference?

I shot a buddies P7PSP, and I was almost a little hurt that the trigger was no better, and the recoil no softer, than any of the other more vanilla 9mm pistols that I had experienced.
    The advantage of the squeeze cocker is the increased safety, along with the trigger pull that is now common with striker fired pistols. No one needed to add a "striker control device" to a P7, as the squeeze cocking dis that job very well.

Unfortunately the very high price, along with some quirks of the original, probably prevented it from gaining wider acceptance for both government contracts, and general use, in the US. I myself never thought much of the design until I got a chance to actually shoot one. Seeing the benefits of a very safe design, with the consistent lighter trigger pull we've all become accustomed to, sold me on the design.

I would hope advances in pistol design. In the last 40 years, more importantly, advances in modern manufacturing in that time, would allow for a high quality, modern squeeze cock pistol to be built at a competitive price.

If the SIGPro's had a slide catch lever that was further forward in the position of a Glock or CZ, I'd still be shooting them. A 5" tall, slightly thinner (Glock 48 size) option would be icing on the cake

I'm very interested in the CZ DWX concept as an interesting mix and match option.
    David S.

Quote Originally Posted by DMF13 View Post
    The advantage of the squeeze cocker is the increased safety, along with the trigger pull that is now common with striker fired pistols. No one needed to add a "striker control device" to a P7, as the squeeze cocking dis that job very well.

Unfortunately the very high price, along with some quirks of the original, probably prevented it from gaining wider acceptance for both government contracts, and general use, in the US. I myself never thought much of the design until I got a chance to actually shoot one. Seeing the benefits of a very safe design, with the consistent lighter trigger pull we've all become accustomed to, sold me on the design.

I would hope advances in pistol design. In the last 40 years, more importantly, advances in modern manufacturing in that time, would allow for a high quality, modern squeeze cock pistol to be built at a competitive price.
    Yeah shooting one certainly made a believer out of me.

I still feel that in terms of accuracy, the P7 (M8 and PSP for me, M13 too chunky)beats any other duty or SD style pistol. Also very safe and easy manual of arms.

Now if they could just design a better heat dissipation system, or get rid of the gas system....

Or if Smith re-introduced the original model 39, for us single stack double action guys.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Quote Originally Posted by CSW View Post
    Or if Smith re-introduced the original model 39, for us single stack double action guys.
    Along with an ASP version!

I have been quietly accumulating the compact version of the Model 39, the last couple of years. First, a 3913 TSW w/rail, then a 908, and just recently a VERY-well-preserved 3914 LS. If I happen upon a larger variant, in well-kept condition, I may well add it, too.

I have fond memories of the 3913 and 3953 I had, in the early-/mid-Nineties.

Too bad JMCK has discontinued making AIWB rigs for these. I found a right-hand JMCK AIWB, pre-owned on the evil-bay, but I am only shooting compact nines lefty, these days. My railed 3913 TSW is exactly why I bought a Phlster Floodlight, and an LB Enigma, but there is nothing slender about that combo.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

I would camp out, in a line, in the rain, for a pistol built on a square-butt-grip 39-series frame, and a compact-length slide. (My aging, gimpy right hand needs a full-height, not-too-rounded grip, for “orthopedic” reasons.)
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    CZ DWX concept
    Provided the DWX actually works if it ever comes to market. If the front lower area had the frame and slide as a 1911 I would pull out the cash for one much quicker. Carry gun does not need a full length dust cover.

User Tag List