Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The pistol design elements mix-and-match game

Site Supporter

The pistol design elements mix-and-match game

We may have had similar discussions before, but I can't remember a thread on it. I don't think this topic is quite serious enough for the Semi-Auto Pistols subforum, so I'm starting the thread here. If, through the operation of magic, you could combine design elements from different pistols, what would you do?

Lately I've been thinking that I'd like a pistol with a Beretta APX trigger system combined with a Beretta M92 locking system and external dimensions very similar to a Glock 19. The ejector on the APX FCU would be a replaceable part in my pistol. Also, since I can use magic, I might as well make it accept Glock magazines, though I have nothing against Beretta magazines.

I'd combine the trigger, hammer, sear, ect of a 1911 with the Beretta 92 locking system, built around Beretta 92 mags.
    Leave out the firing pin block as well, so one can easily mount an optic.
    Edit: and leave the grip safety off too.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    P365 XL with a P250 action. Or just make some more P250s with end-of-the-line specs, which were good.

USP (poly/weight, unparalleled durability, ergos) with a classic P series trigger (slick DA and vastly better trigger shoe shape) and a PIC rail.

SP101 with an optimized-diameter six-shot cylinder, like the 856.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    If S&W made an eight-shot version of this gun in .357 with no lock, I'd totally buy it:
    https://www.smith-wesson.com/firearms/model-629
    Also, a scandium 315 with whatever barrel length was needed for full-length ejector rod, steel cylinder, standard adjustable sights, no lock.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

I've mentioned that NAA making a Velo Dog style DAO folding trigger Mini in .22 Mag would be interesting.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

A Glock with a fully tensioned striker and 1911 thumb safety might be interesting.

I like my SCDs, but dropping M&P (or 1911, or USP, etc) thumb safties as options on Glocks would warm my heart.

USP or P30 safeties & decockers onto Beretta 92s would be neat.

MOS-style optics mounting on the S&W EZ series might not affect my life, but I have friends who would be grateful.
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

How about a pistol designed over a hundred years ago, with a great trigger and the ability for ambi safeties.....

Oh, wait.... 🤭

A glock 19 with an external safety, but the 17 grip and the striker abilities of the p99.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

I would love a Glock 48 with Glock 46/PX4 rotating barrel lock up system with M&P 2.0 texture all around the grip and all the way up to the slide release lever using a factory magazine like the S15 mags but from Glock and with a full length RSA.

A CZ P10 series shrunk down to be as small and as thin as the 365 and 365XL guns.

Ruger LCP Max using 365 modular FCU while remaining the same size as the LCP Max is already.

Budget friendly polymer frame Alien Laugo that takes Glock 17 mags.

Quote Originally Posted by octagon View Post
    I would love a Glock 48 with Glock 46/PX4 rotating barrel lock up system with M&P 2.0 texture all around the grip and all the way up to the slide release lever using a factory magazine like the S15 mags but from Glock and with a full length RSA.
    I smell what you're stepping in.

I'm probably the only one on the planet, but I wouldn't mind adding a Shield type thumb safety.

I don't care for the big lever type safeties.

Springfield XDE made by CZ.
    O judgment! Thou art fled to brutish beasts, And men have lost their reason.

User Tag List