Page 76 of 185 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886126176 ... LastLast

Thread: COVID-19 vaccines: medical concerns and recommendations

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Balisong View Post
    Thats interesting. Up until now they've always said the effectiveness between Moderna and Pfizer was within a couple percent of each other. Strange that now there's a supposedly sizeable difference. Is it possible that it's just because Pfizer was more prevalent early on than Moderna, and that more Moderna vaxxed people are simply more recently vaxxed?
    IIRC, Pfizer only had maybe a 2-week head start.
    We were shooting both at the Speedway PoD back in January.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    I'm thinking it was just one week, but can't remember for sure.

I got my first Moderna shot December 23.

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    A family friend's elderly mother has "won the lottery" and is one of the few people who has been diagnosed with Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease attributed to Covid infection. I have never met the woman, but it is a horrible way to go, and rough for her family. Yet another reason to avoid the thing.
    Geez that is the first I have ever heard of this relationship between Covid and CJD. Need to look into that.

Yeah I remember the approval being about that. But it seemed like locally here anyway in Phoenix seemed like everyone I knew of was getting Pfizer for at least a few months or so. But if that was just a regional thing here then I guess it wouldn't matter to the numbers being reported.

Quote Originally Posted by Balisong View Post
    Thats interesting. Up until now they've always said the effectiveness between Moderna and Pfizer was within a couple percent of each other. Strange that now there's a supposedly sizeable difference. Is it possible that it's just because Pfizer was more prevalent early on than Moderna, and that more Moderna vaxxed people are simply more recently vaxxed?
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....=1#post1267041

Conjecture: The Moderna "payload" is similar, just a lot "more" of it. And that may be why it's possibly showing better results the more time passes since being vaccinated. They all start to wane over time, but Moderna takes longer to drop below whatever threshold is needed for the effectiveness to be noticeably worse. 2 weeks after your 2nd shot they're still basically indistinguishable. A year later, maybe not so much.

You'd do well to wait for someone actually educated on the topic-- which I'm not-- to weigh in before you take that as certainty or truth. But it seems plausible.

I recieved my 3rd Pfizer injection Friday. I had my first one Jan 22. Hoping I am good for awhile. And life goes on ...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 4given View Post
    I recieved my 3rd Pfizer injection Friday. I had my first one Jan 22. Hoping I am good for awhile. And life goes on ...
    Any after effects following the 2nd or 3rd shots?

2nd Moderna gave me a day of yuck. Just wondering if the typical reaction (if any) to the booster is similar to dose 2.
    Hoping that after 6 months, the booster reaction is much less icky than the dose 2 reaction (3-4 weeks after dose 1).

?
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Any after effects following the 2nd or 3rd shots?

2nd Moderna gave me a day of yuck. Just wondering if the typical reaction (if any) to the booster is similar to dose 2.
    Hoping that after 6 months, the booster reaction is much less icky than the dose 2 reaction (3-4 weeks after dose 1).

?
    I was a little light headed for a few hours following the injections. I had a small amont of joint pain the next day. Not sure if that was from the injection or just being old! LOL =I also had sorenesss around the injection site for a couple of days. No big deal.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 4given View Post
    I was a little light headed for a few hours following the injection. I had a small amont of joint pain. Not sure if that was from the injection or just being old! LOL =I also had sorenesss around the injection site for a couple of days. No big deal.
    What reaction, if any, did you have to dose 2? Similar to dose 3?
    Just trying to get a feel for whether dose 3 might be as unpleasant as dose 2.
    Your dose 2 may have been a non-event, of course.

What reaction, if any, did you have to dose 2? Similar to dose 3?
    Just trying to get a feel for whether dose 3 might be as unpleasant as dose 2.
    Your dose 2 may have been a non-event, of course.
    All three doses were about the same for me.

User Tag List