Page 4 of 185 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: COVID-19 vaccines: medical concerns and recommendations

Quote Originally Posted by Baldanders View Post
    Hope some AZ makes it's way to you soon, buddy.

Is there any perception that the Sinopharm is inferior to AZ among the general populace in PNG, like Brazil?
    There's a general level of distrust and dislike for China here, as in many of the Belt & Road nations*. Add that to the general level of distrust for Covid vaccinations, and that would be a safe bet.

*China is a lot like the spoiled rich brat that kids only hang out with because he has the cool toys and cool games. But no one really likes him, because he's an abusive jerk & bully that demands his way or he'll take his toys and go home.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by Bio View Post
    Just FYI, mRNA vaccines don't change your genes. I'm not telling you want to do, just thought you might want to know.
    I was afraid I was going to turn into a bat with the vaccine but I went ahead and got the poke. My thinking is if it turned me into a bat they would have already had a few people who turned into a bat and were working on some process to reverse the error.
    Last edited by Borderland; 07-21-2021 at 04:05 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    I was afraid I was going to turn into a bat with the vaccine but I went ahead and got the poke. My thinking is if it turned me into a bat they would have already had a few people who turned into a bat and were working on some process to reverse the error.
    Definitely the plot from a Star Trek episode, IIRC.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Definitely the plot from a Star Trek episode, IIRC.
    Or a silver age comic book.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    Or a silver age comic book.
    Luckily, being the ex-comic collector I am, I wasn’t surprised by my development of echolocation recently.

Still waiting on the ability to make hideous screeches and a taste for bugs.
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Quote Originally Posted by Baldanders View Post
    Posting a bunch of "must have" information which we must have to say which folks should be vaccinated, then making pretty definitive statements about it being a bad gamble for young folks to get vaccinated with no reference to any numbers whatsoever is ironic.
    The reason it's not ironic is because the information I'm saying about the vaccine being a bad gamble for younger folks is readily available on the CDC website. And young people should go there, look at the numbers themselves, and make the decision. The numbers change over time and I last looked 6 weeks ago, and if you see the number of deaths and problems with the vaccine, as a percentage of people who received the vaccine, you'll see that that percentage, while very low, was similar to the death and hospitalization rate for COVID within that age range.

It was something like 0.0002% of people will have a bad vaccine reaction And 0.0001% of people under 20 will die or hospitalized from COVID. The vaccine bad outcome rate was marginally higher when I looked last. And I'm just some anonymous dude or dudette on the internet. Anyone who cares should look at the numbers themselves on the CDC website to decide and not trust me. I'm merely suggesting that the numbers are worth looking at, and that they do exist.

Compare that to the nonsense numbers the government is putting out about what percentage of people hospitalized have been vaccinated, and they aren't giving the full picture.

What if I told you that only 1% of people hospitalized with COVID in Chicago are Mormon. Does being a part of the LDS church reduce your chance of getting COVID?

Or would you want to know what percentage of the population of Chicago is a member of the LDS church? Because maybe only 1% of Chicago is Mormon, and therefore you'd say there's no connection.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    My sister, a nurse, was asking about my current vaccine status in light of my many previous malaria infections. It seems that one of her unvaccinated co-workers got Covid, and that triggered a malaria attack.

Now, a few years back, I had a case of food poisoning that triggered a malaria flare up, so yeah.
    I’m guessing it’s the stress on the system rather than the Covid itself causing the flare ups?

And it looks like the locals just got some AZ in, from Sweden this time.
    Hopefully it will last until 2 weeks from now, otherwise I'll have to go in early.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    I’m guessing it’s the stress on the system rather than the Covid itself causing the flare ups?
    That would be my uneducated guess as well. Hit the immune system with enough stress, and the little parasites take advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanch View Post
    The reason it's not ironic is because the information I'm saying about the vaccine being a bad gamble for younger folks is readily available on the CDC website. And young people should go there, look at the numbers themselves, and make the decision. The numbers change over time and I last looked 6 weeks ago, and if you see the number of deaths and problems with the vaccine, as a percentage of people who received the vaccine, you'll see that that percentage, while very low, was similar to the death and hospitalization rate for COVID within that age range.

It was something like 0.0002% of people will have a bad vaccine reaction And 0.0001% of people under 20 will die or hospitalized from COVID. The vaccine bad outcome rate was marginally higher when I looked last. And I'm just some anonymous dude or dudette on the internet. Anyone who cares should look at the numbers themselves on the CDC website to decide and not trust me. I'm merely suggesting that the numbers are worth looking at, and that they do exist.

Compare that to the nonsense numbers the government is putting out about what percentage of people hospitalized have been vaccinated, and they aren't giving the full picture.

What if I told you that only 1% of people hospitalized with COVID in Chicago are Mormon. Does being a part of the LDS church reduce your chance of getting COVID?

Or would you want to know what percentage of the population of Chicago is a member of the LDS church? Because maybe only 1% of Chicago is Mormon, and therefore you'd say there's no connection.
    So what is the full picture?

The numbers are coming from hospitals. The fed isn't making these numbers up. But there will always be people who want to believe this is a gov't conspiracy to get people to subject themselves to a vaccine that so far has not been approved by the FDA. When the FDA approves the vaccine through a standardized process, what then? Are all the people who didn't get the vaccine going to get it? Probably not because the FDA is a government agency. When the military requires everyone to be vaccinated and the severe reaction deaths are less than .0003%, will that still be a government conspiracy to vaccinate a large population with a killer vaccine?

How does covid vaccine deaths compare to drug overdoses? 93,000 deaths in 2020 and a 29% increase.
    https://people.com/health/drug-overd...cent-increase/

If the vaccine were killing even .0003% of the number of people being vaccinated I would be concerned. But it isn't. The reality is people are killing themselves in greater numbers with illegal drugs than with the covid vaccine.

Now that's truly ironic. But the under 40 crowd can choose their poison I guess.
    Last edited by Borderland; 07-21-2021 at 08:23 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

User Tag List