Page 36 of 185 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686136 ... LastLast

Thread: COVID-19 vaccines: medical concerns and recommendations

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    You guys are right I may be splitting hairs too finely. They are both available I just have to drive 15 min and get it. Anyway maybe in the am. Maybe Ill just flip a coin.
    Whichever one you get, after "doing a study" 😉 I have proved flapping your arm like a chicken wing before the shot, for 10 minutes or so, majorly reduces arm pain later.

Or it was a complete coincidence. Worse case, it still stings later and you looked like you lost your mind in public.

Either way, cheers!

ETA: if I could remember the name of the PF member who "did the groundbreaking original research" I based my "study" on, I would credit them. Unfortunately, I can't remember who made the observation "hey I worked out super hard and no more arm pain doodes."
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    annyvaccine>covid
    Oh really?
    I've had it twice 18 months apart and it wasn't all that bad, but mind you I'm a decent shape and don't have any comorbidities.

Can someone explain to me why I keep being told that taking the vaccine is somehow better than antibodies that nature intended my body to produce? It appears already established that the vax doesn't prevent you from getting or spreading it so what exactly is the point for me?

Quote Originally Posted by sickeness View Post
    Oh really?
    I've had it twice 18 months apart and it wasn't all that bad, but mind you I'm a decent shape and don't have any comorbidities.

Can someone explain to me why I keep being told that taking the vaccine is somehow better than antibodies that nature intended my body to produce? It appears already established that the vax doesn't prevent you from getting or spreading it so what exactly is the point for me?
    Because, just like buying the newest, greatest blaster, people have the tendency to sing praises from on high as a means to justify the purchase..

I'm not anti vax, just pro choice. Do you, and leave me the fuck alone.
    Taking a break from social media.

Site Supporter
    Oh really?

Sure. The vaccine stimulates about 10x the level of antibodies that infection does. That's on average. If I start picking data, the comparison can be greater than 50x in some cases. Also, some young healthy unvaccinated people end up in the ICU and/or dead. Vaccination essentially eliminates this worst case scenario.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    I'm not anti vax, just pro choice. Do you, and leave me the fuck alone.
    And that would be great if I had the choice to not share the air with you or the unvaccinated, infected people struggling to breathe in the two tent hospitals set up in the parking decks because they have over-filled the entire hospital system in this state. But that is a discussions more appropriate for the politics thread and not this one focused on medical aspects of infection and vaccination.

Quote Originally Posted by pangloss View Post
    And that would be great if I had the choice to not share the air with you or the unvaccinated, infected people struggling to breathe in the two tent hospitals set up in the parking decks because they have over-filled the entire hospital system in this state. But that is a discussions more appropriate for the politics thread and not this one focused on medical aspects of infection and vaccination.

Do you support mandatory vaccinations?

Site Supporter
    Do you support mandatory vaccinations?
    That's a political topic and not appropriate for this thread. If you want to tag me in the other thread I'll respond there later today if I have time or tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by pangloss View Post
    That's a political topic and not appropriate for this thread. If you want to tag me in the other thread I'll respond there later today if I have time or tonight.

Really!? I believe that is an entirely appropriate question to ask of a scientist in the "medical concearns and recommendations" thread.

Site Supporter
    Really!? I believe that is an entirely appropriate question to ask of a scientist in the "medical concearns and recommendations" thread.
    This is why we can’t have nice things….

Oh really?

For you personally, there is no point. I don't think anyone said that you would for sure die, or even be hospitalized, if you got covid. Lots of people will however.

Have you got the Delta variant yet?
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

User Tag List