Page 34 of 185 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484134 ... LastLast

Thread: COVID-19 vaccines: medical concerns and recommendations

On a positive note, my Grandmother is doing better.
    "Strong like bull" as Mom likes to joke.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

So recently Ive read Moderna had better immunization and also read Pfizer has better immunization. Ive also read the Pfizer is a lot less dosage wise than the Moderna.
    Is there a clear winner or preference. Am I even in the right thread?
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    So recently Ive read Moderna had better immunization and also read Pfizer has better immunization. Ive also read the Pfizer is a lot less dosage wise than the Moderna.
    Mayo paper. Moderna 76%. Phizer 42%

Pfizer vaccine less effective against delta variant transmission compared to Moderna, says study

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1....06.21261707v1
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Is the conclusion "I was vaccinated with Phizer, but may be best boostered with Moderna for best protection level" accurate?
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

https://www.healthline.com/health-ne...-delta-variant

So confusing. In the face of a stream of constantly updated info concerning the effectiveness of each vaccine it is really tough to determine which is best.
    Last edited by UNK; 08-15-2021 at 12:36 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    Is the conclusion "I was vaccinated with Phizer, but may be best boostered with Moderna for best protection level" accurate?
    An interesting question..... Not much info available on this.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    An interesting question..... Not much info available on this.
    Some info in the recent links and possibly other things Ive read recently suggested this may be the case but no definite conclusions that I could tell. I was wondering if any of our health care professionals had more current info or thoughts on the matter.
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

Site Supporter
    Misfire...

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    That's what a Mayo clinic study found, but the confidence intervals were huge & overlap so I wouldn't rush out just yet.

Infection (data from June showed Pfizer being more effective than Moderna):
    Name:  Screenshot 2021-08-15 14.20.24.jpg
Views: 903
Size:  28.3 KB

Hospitalization:
    Name:  Screenshot 2021-08-15 14.21.15.jpg
Views: 903
Size:  30.0 KB

(Moderna is yellow/orange)
    The other flaw in the study is it didn't factor when the people were vaccinated (the pfizer group may have gone longer after the 2nd dose).

Data from the 4th of July delta outbreak near Martha's Vineyard showed Moderna being slightly less effective than Pfizer, but again, tiny sample size...

User Tag List