Page 131 of 185 FirstFirst ... 3181121129130131132133141181 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,310 of 1845

Thread: COVID-19 vaccines: medical concerns and recommendations

Quote Originally Posted by Ed L View Post
    I feel very bad for all of the PF members who are suffering with Covid or have relatives with Covid. I don't remember it ever being this horrible.

I read about Israel is giving people forth doses and did some research. Since I own 2 Galils, and have a host of vulnerability factors that the Galils don't address, I considered myself eligible for a 4th dose. So about 5 hours ago I got my 4th dose of the vaccine. My three previous doses were Pfizer. Today I got a Moderna booster dose. This is what the pharmacist gave me based on the fact that the card I showed her already had two doses of Pfizer on it. I had heard that mixing the doses might increase effectiveness. I have no idea on the validity of this, but I gave it a shot.

I claimed that this was my third dose. So I was able it put on a vaccine card that has my first two doses. I have another vaccine card that has my third dose listed as my first dose--so I am ready when it is time to take my fifth dose.

I originally wanted to get my bloodwork done before I got the 4th dose so I could compare the antibody level is now to blood that I would get drawn 3-4 weeks after this dose. But the pharmacy had the Moderna available for walk-ins; my area seems to have 4 times the number of new daily cases that it had at its previous worst. Since I had a weekend to recover from any after effects before I needed to be back at work, I decided to snag the 4th dose of the vaccine immediately.
    Seriously? Multiple vax cards to get more doses? I can't tell if this post is a huge troll or not.

You're fixing to be this meme irl:
    Name:  500.jpg
Views: 345
Size:  53.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post
    How did the side effects compare? I plan on doing the same in 1 month - a Moderna booster four months after my third pfizer...
    First, let me preface this by saying that I have had a worse reaction to the vaccines than anyone I know. Based on having taken three doses of Pfizer and one dose of Moderna for my most recent dose, I think that I had less of a bad reaction to the Moderna than I did to my second dose of Pfizer and especially my third dose of Pfizer. I don't remember feeling as sick from anything as I did after my third dose of Pfizer — my body felt like it was on fire. Still, about 10 to 12 hours after getting the fourth dose I felt chills and weak. The next day, I woke up with my body aching really badly, and I felt super weak--as in struggling to get out of bed weak. Hydrocodone helped with the pain. I hope that no one let's my reaction dissuade them from getting vaccinated or getting follow-up doses.

I heard from my cousin today who now has Covid. She had gotten her third dose of the vaccine back in October. From what she described her symptoms are relatively mild for Covid, headache, coughing, mild bodyaches. As I have said before: if my reaction to the vaccines are a taste of Covid, I do not want the real thing. If the vaccine prevents me from getting it, or greatly reduces the symptoms and keeps me out of the hospital, the aftereffects to the vaccine are a small price to pay.
    Last edited by Ed L; 01-09-2022 at 04:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jellydonut View Post
    Seriously? Multiple vax cards to get more doses? I can't tell if this post is a huge troll or not.
    I have two VAX cards. Back in August I tried to get a third dose at my regular pharmacy, but they told me that they would not do it until October, since I had gotten my second dose only 5 months before that date. So I went to another pharmacy and told them that this was my first dose and they gave me the dose and a new vaccine card.

Epoch Times: Almost Half of New York COVID-19 Hospitalizations Not Due to COVID-19

“About 50 percent are admitted with COVID and 50 percent admitted for COVID,” Dr. Steve Corwin, CEO of New York Presbyterian Hospital, which is in the city, told reporters. “Of the patients in the hospital, 50 percent are unvaccinated or partially vaccinated and 50 percent have two doses of the vaccine,” he added.

While many jurisdictions and hospitals do not make clear how many COVID-19 patients are being treated for other reasons, researchers found last year that approximately half of the hospitalizations showed just mild or no COVID-19 symptoms. Another study found four-in-10 children hospitalized with COVID-19 were asymptomatic, and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s director, Dr. Rochelle Walensky, told reporters Friday that the recent increase in pediatric COVID-19 hospitalizations was due in part to non-COVID reasons.

“This is really a consistent problem we keep ignoring it as if it’s not an issue. It is an issue,” Dr. Scott Atlas, part of the White House COVID-19 response team during the Trump administration, told The Epoch Times previously.
    David S.

Site Supporter
    I'm scheduled for a monoclonal antibody infusion tomorrow. (1-10) I'm hoping it will get ride of this infernal cough. I was first symptomatic, on 12-26 and tested positive 1-4. Docs got me on a Z-pack, hydroxychloroquine, azithromycin, promethazine, and an inhaler. I'm better, but still feel weak and hack some. I thought this thing only laster 5 to 10 days. I'm ready to be done with this.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigguy View Post
    I'm scheduled for a monoclonal antibody infusion tomorrow. (1-10) I'm hoping it will get ride of this infernal cough. I was first symptomatic, on 12-26 and tested positive 1-4. Docs got me on a Z-pack, hydroxychloroquine, azithromycin, promethazine, and an inhaler. I'm better, but still feel weak and hack some. I thought this thing only laster 5 to 10 days. I'm ready to be done with this.
    Have they determined which strain of the virus you have?

Some (not all) of the antibody treatments have been proven to be ineffective against Omicron.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/william...h=3b8abcf082fe
    Conclusions
    As potentially dangerous as Omicron may be— more transmissible than delta and resistant to most vaccines and monoclonal antibodies— at least two approved monoclonal antibody treatments remain in our arsenal; Sotrovimab, and Evusheld.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Have they determined which strain of the virus you have?

Some (not all) of the antibody treatments have been proven to be ineffective against Omicron.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/william...h=3b8abcf082fe
    No. Doc didn't say which variant and the test only says Covid-19 CCC.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigguy View Post
    No. Doc didn't say which variant and the test only says Covid-19 CCC.
    Might be a good idea to ask which antibody treatment they want to give you... if not Sotrovimab or Evushel, would be good to know why... I don't know what standard testing (if any) practice is prior to administering of an antibody treatment.... Hopefully they go to the trouble to confirm which strain..

Maybe one of the medical professionals could add their thoughts regarding relative risks of taking an ineffective treatment vs not taking it in this instance. And what testing is currently being done prior to treatment with a possibly ineffective antibody.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by Ed L View Post
    First, let me preface this by saying that I have had a worse reaction to the vaccines than anyone I know. Based on having taken three doses of Pfizer and one dose of Moderna for my most recent dose, I think that I had less of a bad reaction to the Moderna than I did to my second dose of Pfizer and especially my third dose of Pfizer. I don't remember feeling as sick from anything as I did after my third dose of Pfizer — my body felt like it was on fire. Still, about 10 to 12 hours after getting the fourth dose I felt chills and weak. The next day, I woke up with my body aching really badly, and I felt super weak--as in struggling to get out of bed weak. Hydrocodone helped with the pain. I hope that no one let's my reaction dissuade them from getting vaccinated or getting follow-up doses.

I heard from my cousin today who now has Covid. She had gotten her third dose of the vaccine back in October. From what she described her symptoms are relatively mild for Covid, headache, coughing, mild bodyaches. As I have said before: if my reaction to the vaccines are a taste of Covid, I do not want the real thing. If the vaccine prevents me from getting it, or greatly reduces the symptoms and keeps me out of the hospital, the aftereffects to the vaccine are a small price to pay.
    I had Delta post vax, and it was basically a mild head cold. The worst part was the first couple of days, but it wasn't as miserable as the 12 hours of side effects I had from the vaccine.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

It is now the second day after my Moderna booster--two sleep cycles after getting the vaccination. Other than a sore arm, and feeling a tad weak, I feel like my normal self. This was much easier than my second or third Pfizer doses.

As I have said, my experience may not be typical and I tend to have worse reactions to vaccinations. If I thought that having a 4th dose of Pfizer would give me better protection, I would have gotten a 4th dose of Pfizer.

User Tag List