Page 12 of 185 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast

Thread: COVID-19 vaccines: medical concerns and recommendations

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LorenzoS View Post
    You need more than the obvious fact he's a bullshit artist?

Seems a lot of strain to give the benefit of the doubt to a crackpot. Others here like Sensei articulated better than I the vast consensus among scientific and health organizations that the vaccine is safe. Then when an obvious crackpot with an axe to grind and a product to sell comes along, you want it to be up to everyone else to prove beyond a doubt why he's wrong?

There are plenty of folks who believe the Earth is flat despite the overwhelming consensus that it is not. Is it possible that there really is a conspiracy of governments, NASA, airline pilots, sailors, scientists and astronauts to falsely claim the Earth is round? Sure, there might be a 0.0000000001% possibility. Just understand that when you take the position that this crackpot might, just might, be right about the vacccine, you're coming from the same place as those flat Earthers. Free choice and all that, but I know which group I am going with. Pick your team.

Teams shouldn't be based on who is vaccinated, who is not, who trusts the experts, who questions the experts, etc. It should be based on the appreciation of liberty.

Hopefully that's what you mean by "free choice and all that".

Bret Weinstein has multiple podcasts that all should listen to.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Teams shouldn't be based on who is vaccinated, who is not, who trusts the experts, who questions the experts, etc. It should be based on the appreciation of liberty.

Bret Weinstein has multiple podcasts that all should listen to.
    COVID and COVID vaccines are well outside Bret Weinstein's area of expertise. Regardless, he is no longer a scientist, he's a podcaster whose initial fame waned. He needed new drama to drive traffic and he found it in COVID, COVID Vaccines and Ivermectin.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    I’m hoping someone can help me… I have a person very close to me that watched the ~3 hour “dark horse podcast” video including Robert Malone and Brett Weinstein. She was really scared by this subject: “On the “Dark Horse Podcast,” Dr. Robert Malone, creator of mRNA vaccine technology, said the COVID vaccine lipid nanoparticles — which tell the body to produce the spike protein — leave the injection site and accumulate in organs and tissues.”
    She also came away thinking they also said there was substantial long term risk of leukemia, and possibly other types of cancers and of stroke, but I couldn’t find a good quote and I don’t want to spend 3 hours listening to the podcast. (I did listen to quite a bit of a 1 hr edited version of it)

Is there any competing science I can point her to that can explain why the above is highly unlikely? Even comments by the SMEs on this forum would be valuable.
    The person in question has a BS in biology from a respected school and is not an anti-vaxxer, she is actively soliciting counter information at this point.
    I've never heard of Robert Malone or that podcast, but tell your friend that the lipid nanoparticles won't accumulate in her organs simply because lipids are biodegradable. Secondly, for the vaccine to elicit antibodies, the lipid nanoparticles have to deliver the mRNA to cells and the cells have to translate the RNA into protein. B cells see the protein and make antibodies. If all the lipid nanoparticles were clogged up in the kidney or the liver, people wouldn't mount such a good response to the vaccine because the RNA would still be trapped inside them and not translated into protein by the cells.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by pangloss View Post
    I've never heard of Robert Malone or that podcast, but tell your friend that the lipid nanoparticles won't accumulate in her organs simply because lipids are biodegradable. Secondly, for the vaccine to elicit antibodies, the lipid nanoparticles have to deliver the mRNA to cells and the cells have to translate the RNA into protein. B cells see the protein and make antibodies. If all the lipid nanoparticles were clogged up in the kidney or the liver, people wouldn't mount such a good response to the vaccine because the RNA would still be trapped inside them and not translated into protein by the cells.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk
    This is perfect!!! Thank you so much, I really care about this person, and this might help.

This is perfect!!! Thank you so much, I really care about this person, and this might help.
    I’m hoping someone can help me… I have a person very close to me that watched the ~3 hour “dark horse podcast” video including Robert Malone and Brett Weinstein. She was really scared by this subject: “On the “Dark Horse Podcast,” Dr. Robert Malone, creator of mRNA vaccine technology, said the COVID vaccine lipid nanoparticles — which tell the body to produce the spike protein — leave the injection site and accumulate in organs and tissues.”
    She also came away thinking they also said there was substantial long term risk of leukemia, and possibly other types of cancers and of stroke, but I couldn’t find a good quote and I don’t want to spend 3 hours listening to the podcast. (I did listen to quite a bit of a 1 hr edited version of it)

Is there any competing science I can point her to that can explain why the above is highly unlikely? Even comments by the SMEs on this forum would be valuable.
    The person in question has a BS in biology from a respected school and is not an anti-vaxxer, she is actively soliciting counter information at this point.
    It is interesting that she has a BS in biology went searching for information on vaccine safety and somehow landed on Brett Weinstein’s website. That would be like someone with a BA in history wanting to learn about 9/11 and settling on InfoWars as an authority. It usually takes a little effort to get that far into the bullshit. You know what I’m saying?

I’d be careful with this person if I were you. She sounds a lot like a hot, redheaded, hairdresser named Amber that I once dated (or some other verb). Be sure to use a condom. In fact, double wrap that thing.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    It is interesting that she has a BS in biology went searching for information on vaccine safety and somehow landed on Brett Weinstein’s website. That would be like someone with a BA in history wanting to learn about 9/11 and settling on InfoWars as an authority. It usually takes a little effort to get that far into the bullshit. You know what I’m saying?

I’d be careful with this person if I were you. She sounds a lot like a hot, redheaded, hairdresser named Amber that I once dated (or some other verb). Be sure to use a condom. In fact, double wrap that thing.
    [emoji1787]
    Hah. It’s not that kind of situation at all, I’m in a Godfather type situation. And she didn’t go searching for that particular info, other people important in her life are pushing that on her hard and she is trying to figure out who to believe.

But you aren’t entirely wrong, although very good-hearted she is probably in the upper right quadrant of the hot/crazy matrix.

[emoji1787]
    Hah. It’s not that kind of situation at all, I’m in a Godfather type situation. And she didn’t go searching for that particular info, other people important in her life are pushing that on her hard and she is trying to figure out who to believe.

But you aren’t entirely wrong, although very good-hearted she is probably in the upper right quadrant of the hot/crazy matrix.
    “It's an old habit. I spent my life trying not to be careless -- women and children can be careless, but not men.”
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    You're very welcome. I hope it helps. If she has any other specific concerns, I'd be happy to try to address them.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post

It's kind of silly that you're *telling* someone what to base their 'team' on, and you're *telling* them that it should be 'based on the appreciation of liberty.'

Shouldn't they have the liberty to decide what's most important to them?

but not really

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Welder View Post
    It's kind of silly that you're *telling* someone what to base their 'team' on, and you're *telling* them that it should be 'based on the appreciation of liberty.'

Shouldn't they have the liberty to decide what's most important to them?

but not really
    PS I'm basing my team on people who like the color Admiral Blue. Everybody else, get off my team.

User Tag List