Page 11 of 185 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: COVID-19 vaccines: medical concerns and recommendations

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    ... Dr. Robert Malone, creator of mRNA vaccine technology, said the COVID vaccine lipid nanoparticles — which tell the body to produce the spike protein — leave the injection site and accumulate in organs and tissues.”
    https://www.rwmalonemd.com/mrna-vaccine-inventor

This guy's own website smacks of so much bullshit, he's the Uncle Rico of the vaccine world. Spends a lot of time spinning a research assistant job at a lab 30 years ago into a claim he invented the technology and hawking his consulting services.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LorenzoS View Post
    https://www.rwmalonemd.com/mrna-vaccine-inventor

This guy's own website smacks of so much bullshit, he's the Uncle Rico of the vaccine world. Spends a lot of time spinning a research assistant job at a lab 30 years ago into a claim he invented the technology and hawking his consulting services.
    This is on the front page of his website. It doesn’t sound like he has any axes to grind at all....

But skepticism around RNA and a never-filed patent will crush his hopes and waste years. Robert Malone today has the bitterness of those who were right too early....
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    This is on the front page of his website. It doesn’t sound like he has any axes to grind at all....
    This is all somewhat helpful, but it is all attacking the man and not his statements on this subject. If anyone has any verbiage on why his specific claims are probably bullshit I would be much obliged.

Hammertime
    I’m hoping someone can help me… I have a person very close to me that watched the ~3 hour “dark horse podcast” video including Robert Malone and Brett Weinstein. She was really scared by this subject: “On the “Dark Horse Podcast,” Dr. Robert Malone, creator of mRNA vaccine technology, said the COVID vaccine lipid nanoparticles — which tell the body to produce the spike protein — leave the injection site and accumulate in organs and tissues.”
    She also came away thinking they also said there was substantial long term risk of leukemia, and possibly other types of cancers and of stroke, but I couldn’t find a good quote and I don’t want to spend 3 hours listening to the podcast. (I did listen to quite a bit of a 1 hr edited version of it)

Is there any competing science I can point her to that can explain why the above is highly unlikely? Even comments by the SMEs on this forum would be valuable.
    The person in question has a BS in biology from a respected school and is not an anti-vaxxer, she is actively soliciting counter information at this point.

This podcast was very good in addressing all those points.

https://samharris.org/subscriber-rss/?id=8s0uwo

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    This podcast was very good in addressing all those points.

https://samharris.org/subscriber-rss/?id=8s0uwo
    The link didn't work -- this one?

https://samharris.org/podcasts/256-contagion-bad-ideas/

This is all somewhat helpful, but it is all attacking the man and not his statements on this subject. If anyone has any verbiage on why his specific claims are probably bullshit I would be much obliged.
    You need more than the obvious fact he's a bullshit artist?

Seems a lot of strain to give the benefit of the doubt to a crackpot. Others here like Sensei articulated better than I the vast consensus among scientific and health organizations that the vaccine is safe. Then when an obvious crackpot with an axe to grind and a product to sell comes along, you want it to be up to everyone else to prove beyond a doubt why he's wrong?

There are plenty of folks who believe the Earth is flat despite the overwhelming consensus that it is not. Is it possible that there really is a conspiracy of governments, NASA, airline pilots, sailors, scientists and astronauts to falsely claim the Earth is round? Sure, there might be a 0.0000000001% possibility. Just understand that when you take the position that this crackpot might, just might, be right about the vacccine, you're coming from the same place as those flat Earthers. Free choice and all that, but I know which group I am going with. Pick your team.

The verbiage is that he doesn't know one way or another. Neither do I. He can talk up any theories he wants but it takes post-market longitudinal large scale analysis to establish cancerogenic cause-effects. If we see higher leukemia incidence 10-20 years from now in mRNA recipients who otherwise didn't have higher cancer risks, he's right. If we don't, he's wrong.
    FWIW, mRNA vaccines been tested in humans for about 5 years now, nobody has reported anything terrible.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LorenzoS View Post
    You need more than the obvious fact he's a bullshit artist?

Seems a lot of strain to give the benefit of the doubt to a crackpot. Others here like Sensei articulated better than I the vast consensus among scientific and health organizations that the vaccine is safe. Then when an obvious crackpot with an axe to grind and a product to sell comes along, you want it to be up to everyone else to prove beyond a doubt why he's wrong?

There are plenty of folks who believe the Earth is flat despite the overwhelming consensus that it is not. Is it possible that there really is a conspiracy of governments, NASA, airline pilots, sailors, scientists and astronauts to falsely claim the Earth is round? Sure, there might be a 0.0000000001% possibility. Just understand that when you take the position that this crackpot might, just might, be right about the vacccine, you're coming from the same place as those flat Earthers. Free choice and all that, but I know which group I am going with. Pick your team.
    Hey bud, *I* already have been vaccinated, appreciate the substantial risks involved with contracting Covid, and think that everyone else should get vaccinated also (with those under 22 staying away from mRNA vaccines and taking one of the other options). I’m just trying to help out someone who keeps hearing from others close to her how risky the vaccines are. If I came back to her with the attitude you just came to me with, she’s just going to shut down and stop listening.

Hey bud, *I* already have been vaccinated, appreciate the substantial risks involved with contracting Covid, and think that everyone else should get vaccinated also (with those under 22 staying away from mRNA vaccines and taking one of the other options). I’m just trying to help out someone who keeps hearing from others close to her how risky the vaccines are. If I came back to her with the attitude you just came to me with, she’s just going to shut down and stop listening.
    I apologize Lucky, I was out of line.

This anti vax nonsense is fatiguing, and I'm sorry for misdirecting my frustration at you. Before 2020 we already had outbreaks of goddamned Measles in the 21st century United States because people would rather listen to any bonehead with a podcast instead of real scientists. And here we are close to eliminating this pandemic but we might slip backward again for the same reason.

Good luck with your friend.

Delta Busta Kappa fratboy Hot Sauce's Avatar
    and think that everyone else should get vaccinated also (with those under 22 staying away from mRNA vaccines and taking one of the other options).
    ???
    Gaming will get you killed in the streets. Dueling will get you killed in the fields.
    -Alexander Hamilton

User Tag List