Page 103 of 185 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1845

Thread: COVID-19 vaccines: medical concerns and recommendations

Quote Originally Posted by scjbash View Post
    I'd love to hear input on this from anyone who understands it, cause I sure as hell don't.

Abstract 10712: Mrna COVID Vaccines Dramatically Increase Endothelial Inflammatory Markers and ACS Risk as Measured by the PULS Cardiac Test: a Warning

https://www.ahajournals.org/doi/10.1...a1tB2hFHqIaKjI
    Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    I'm not a Dr. and I'm sure not a cardiologist but I'm suspicious. The author of this study certainly uses big words, but it would seem that by a quick perusal of his Wikipedia page that Dr. Gundry is known in the world of cardiologists and dietitians as a peddler of pseudoscientific bro-science.

Granted that is a Wikipedia page and unrelated to COVID or COVID vaccines...but I guess everyone is an expert in microbiology and virology now.

Ad hominem attacks aside, he seems to enjoy playing the iconoclast with such proclamations as "plants contain lectins which are actually bad for your heart" rather than agreeing with scientific consensus that plants are probably good for you.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

@YVK

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    I am not familiar with this test. That doesn't mean a lot, there are many things I don't know. However, at the minimum, it is not a standard of care test or even something people talk about a lot as a potential new thing.

Red flags / concerns: I couldn't find a peer reviewed study or any study, for that matter, to look at the exact numbers of derivation and validation of this score. PULS website states it was validated in other studies but, yet again, I couldn't find a reference to a publication. They state that it was validated in MESA, which is a huge and important study, and I searched MESA site. Found nothing. I couldn't even find if it is FDA approved as a predictive test.

This article says they have given people something that is supposed to induce a strong immune response and some chemicals got elevated in blood. Good to know. Since their score is supposed to predict heart attacks, all they need to do now is get a matched cohort of unvaccinated people, or vaccinated with J&J, and follow two groups for 5 years, then report the results.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Site Supporter
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    I’m sorry- I can’t figure out what this chart is describing or comparing… What are the numbers in parentheses? Percentage? If so, of what?
    And the blocks with “Ref”?
    It probably didn't help that my screenshot cut off the headers...

In this study, 1,425 people aged 18-64 were hospitalized with covid-like symptoms between 90 & 179 days after becoming fully vaccinated. Of those, 71 - or 5.0% - actually tested positive for covid19. These fully vaccinated people make up the reference group (ref).

During that same time period, 556 unvaccinated people aged 18-64 were hospitalized with covid-like symptoms between 90 & 179 days after testing positive for covid19. 49 of them - 8.8% - actually tested positive for a covid19 reinfection. This means they were 2.47 times as likely to test positive than the vaccinated reference group. Because of the sample size, the confidence interval for that 2.47 is actually 1.42-4.65 (they might be anywhere from 1.4 times as likely to test positive to 4.7 times as likely to test positive).

For those over age 65 hospitalized with covid-like symptoms, unvaccinated people with natural immunity were 19.5 times as likely to actually test positive than vaccinated people who never had covid.

Quote Originally Posted by scjbash View Post
    Thanks!
    https://www.tctmd.com/news/questions...eased-acs-risk
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Had the Moderna booster yesterday, didnt feel much of anything other than a warm spot for a short time afterwards. The original Pfizer shots last spring I felt better than average afterwards for a day or so. Better than the average of not feeling that great, so maybe the down side of it was a net improvement.

Day after the Moderna booster, woke up about 4A with light headache and feeling a little off, but nothing drastic so far.
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

Wife and I got third Moderna 4 days ago. Both had pain at the injection site afterwards, she had pronounced swelling in the breast area. Mild fatigue for a couple of days, and that's about it.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    Had the Moderna booster yesterday, didnt feel much of anything other than a warm spot for a short time afterwards. The original Pfizer shots last spring I felt better than average afterwards for a day or so. Better than the average of not feeling that great, so maybe the down side of it was a net improvement.

Day after the Moderna booster, woke up about 4A with light headache and feeling a little off, but nothing drastic so far.
    I got my third Moderna yesterday (the half dose booster), too. I am about 8 months out from the second shot. My arm pain is quite a bit less than what it was after the first two --my guess is the lower dose helped with that.

The second shot really gave me the chills and bad headache and fatigue the following day. This one is not nearly as bad. I have some slight chills and a headache, but it is probably a quarter of what it was. It seems much more manageable, and I can read and do things that I had trouble doing after the second shot. I couldn't even watch TV after that second shot.

I'd been wanting to put it off for another month or so, but I figured I'd go ahead and get it done before I go stay with my folks at Christmas, just to give them a little extra protection I guess. The weather sucks this weekend, so it's not like I'm missing anything.

A couple hours after posting it started catching up to me more, run down, body aches, head ache. Slept a while but it wasnt going away, finally took something for the pain. Woke up late today and feel mostly OK.
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

Site Supporter
    A couple hours after posting it started catching up to me more, run down, body aches, head ache. Slept a while but it wasnt going away, finally took something for the pain. Woke up late today and feel mostly OK.

Yeah, I should have mentioned, I tend to mainline Tylenol as soon as I get the chills. Thank god for Tylenol.

User Tag List