Page 102 of 185 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1845

Thread: COVID-19 vaccines: medical concerns and recommendations

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Does religious use of an incentive spirometer seem to matter?
    I am a believer. Not a randomized data supported, simply personal opinion. I bought a one for myself in April or May of '20 in case I got sick, just from past experiences with ARDS.

Furthermore, most of my clinic patients who died from it had compromised lung capacity before the disease, and I haven't found any explanation why obese people do particularly poorly with it other than a hypoventilation syndrome.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Some data on death rates between vaccinated and unvaccinated:

https://ourworldindata.org/covid-dea...#united-states

Image is for my age group (30-49)

Quote Originally Posted by EMC View Post
    Some data on death rates between vaccinated and unvaccinated:

https://ourworldindata.org/covid-dea...#united-states

Image is for my age group (30-49)
    Are there any charts showing the comparison between vaccinated and people who have had covid more than once? I got it for the first time before the vaccine was available, was sick for about 5 days and then was fine. I just got it again last month and had mild symptoms for two days after testing positive (I test randomly for work) and besides being tired for about a week I fully recovered without any medicine and was working out 8 days after my positive case. I'm 30 and in good shape so I'm sure that played a roll. I'm not anti vaccination but have have an autoimmune disease and other health issues that makes me cautious about taking a MRNA vaccine so I've held off. I'm just curious if you have had it before and made it through, does that give you similar protection when compared to a vaccine that you seemingly have to get boosters to stay protected?

New drugs in development.
    ——————————————
    Two new drugs are awaiting authorization from the Food and Drug Administration for treating patients with COVID-19, and both may be effective against the omicron variant.

One is made by Merck, the other by Pfizer.

The Merck drug has been in development for years. When the pandemic began, Pfizer's drug didn't exist. The story of its development is another example of how COVID-19 has sped up the drug and vaccine development process.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...in-record-time

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    Are there any charts showing the comparison between vaccinated and people who have had covid more than once? I got it for the first time before the vaccine was available, was sick for about 5 days and then was fine. I just got it again last month and had mild symptoms for two days after testing positive (I test randomly for work) and besides being tired for about a week I fully recovered without any medicine and was working out 8 days after my positive case. I'm 30 and in good shape so I'm sure that played a roll. I'm not anti vaccination but have have an autoimmune disease and other health issues that makes me cautious about taking a MRNA vaccine so I've held off. I'm just curious if you have had it before and made it through, does that give you similar protection when compared to a vaccine that you seemingly have to get boosters to stay protected?
    I haven't seen charts but if the Mayo clinic and CDC are to be believed, vaccinations are supposed to be 5x more effective than natural immunity and longer lasting. This contradicts the israeli study which touted natural immunity as superior but which was done using people who were 6 months past initial vaccination. [emoji2369]

Quote Originally Posted by EMC View Post
    I haven't seen charts but if the Mayo clinic and CDC are to be believed, vaccinations are supposed to be 5x more effective than natural immunity and longer lasting. This contradicts the israeli study which touted natural immunity as superior but which was done using people who were 6 months past initial vaccination. [emoji2369]
    That CDC MMWR was a little misleading, imo. It was based on people who were already hospitalized with covid-19 like symptoms and had been infected or vaccinated within the previous 90-179 days. Those with prior infections were 5x as likely to test positive for covid.

This is not the same thing as a random person's chances of hospitalization, especially since elderly & immunocompromised individuals are much more likely to have repeat infections (and the CDC excluding vaccinated people with prior covid infections skews the comorbidities of the two groups). You can really see this when you look at the risk of reinfection for those younger than 65 vs older:
    Name:  Screenshot 2021-12-03 22.15.39.jpg
Views: 504
Size:  38.8 KB

Site Supporter
    I'd love to hear input on this from anyone who understands it, cause I sure as hell don't.

Abstract 10712: Mrna COVID Vaccines Dramatically Increase Endothelial Inflammatory Markers and ACS Risk as Measured by the PULS Cardiac Test: a Warning

https://www.ahajournals.org/doi/10.1...a1tB2hFHqIaKjI

The expression of concern regarding the above abstract.

https://www.ahajournals.org/doi/10.1...00000000001051

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post
    That CDC MMWR was a little misleading, imo. It was based on people who were already hospitalized with covid-19 like symptoms and had been infected or vaccinated within the previous 90-179 days. Those with prior infections were 5x as likely to test positive for covid.

This is not the same thing as a random person's chances of hospitalization, especially since elderly & immunocompromised individuals are much more likely to have repeat infections (and the CDC excluding vaccinated people with prior covid infections skews the comorbidities of the two groups). You can really see this when you look at the risk of reinfection for those younger than 65 vs older:
    Name:  Screenshot 2021-12-03 22.15.39.jpg
Views: 504
Size:  38.8 KB
    I’m sorry- I can’t figure out what this chart is describing or comparing… What are the numbers in parentheses? Percentage? If so, of what?
    And the blocks with “Ref”?

I’m not trying to be difficult, and am usually able to read a chart and discern the significance- but can’t in this case.

Would you mind walking us through it just a bit?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by scjbash View Post
    I'd love to hear input on this from anyone who understands it, cause I sure as hell don't.

Abstract 10712: Mrna COVID Vaccines Dramatically Increase Endothelial Inflammatory Markers and ACS Risk as Measured by the PULS Cardiac Test: a Warning

https://www.ahajournals.org/doi/10.1...a1tB2hFHqIaKjI
    I'm not a Dr. and I'm sure not a cardiologist but I'm suspicious. The author of this study certainly uses big words, but it would seem that by a quick perusal of his Wikipedia page that Dr. Gundry is known in the world of cardiologists and dietitians as a peddler of pseudoscientific bro-science.

Granted that is a Wikipedia page and unrelated to COVID or COVID vaccines...but I guess everyone is an expert in microbiology and virology now.

Ad hominem attacks aside, he seems to enjoy playing the iconoclast with such proclamations as "plants contain lectins which are actually bad for your heart" rather than agreeing with scientific consensus that plants are probably good for you.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
    Last edited by 45dotACP; 12-04-2021 at 05:59 PM.

User Tag List