Page 85 of 185 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795135 ... LastLast

Thread: COVID-19 vaccines: medical concerns and recommendations

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Risto View Post
    I just popped positive on the binaxnow home test.

Have been feeling fatigue since Thursday night. Today woke up with headache, congestion, very noticeable joint and body ache, mild diarrhea, and sore throat. No temperature.

I was vaccinated with Pfizer in March (both doses). I Honestly did not expect to feel this sick when I eventually got exposed.

Anyhow I’m upping my vitamins and etc:
    -36mg of prescription ivermectin (5days)
    -5000 IU vitD
    -325mg aspirin
    -1000mg vitC
    -Melatonin
    -500 mg quercetin
    -1000 mg zinc

Hoping for the best!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sincere wishes that you shake it off quickly. Hope this is as bad as it gets.

I'm about a week into my own breakthrough infection, and it hasn't gotten any worse than a mild head cold with some loss of taste & smell.

Our doctor here did offer the intervetrin/HCL/zinc mass of meds when I tested positive, and I went ahead and took it, because why not. It's a chance to get revenge on the mosquitoes at least.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    Sincere wishes that you shake it off quickly. Hope this is as bad as it gets.
    You did not mention staying hydrated or consuming at least a minimum level of nutrition. Ensure Plus in vanilla version served cold would help immensely with nutrition. Let me urge you to sleep with your torso slightly elevated.

I do hope that you feel better soon.

I got the #3 Pfizer on Thursday. I felt fine up until about noon yesterday. Then a slight fever, body aches and became lethargic. Feeling better today but not great. I didn't have any of this with the first 2 shots last spring. Glad that's over with but I suspect this will be an ongoing thing every six months or possibly every year.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Risto View Post
    I just popped positive on the binaxnow home test.

Have been feeling fatigue since Thursday night. Today woke up with headache, congestion, very noticeable joint and body ache, mild diarrhea, and sore throat. No temperature.

I was vaccinated with Pfizer in March (both doses). I Honestly did not expect to feel this sick when I eventually got exposed.

Anyhow I’m upping my vitamins and etc:
    -36mg of prescription ivermectin (5days)
    -5000 IU vitD
    -325mg aspirin
    -1000mg vitC
    -Melatonin
    -500 mg quercetin
    -1000 mg zinc

Hoping for the best!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Depending on your risk factors, the qualifying criteria in your area and in consultation with your physician, you may want to look into treatment with monoclonal antibodies.

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    My dad and brother both tested positive yesterday. They had both been vaccinated with Pfizer. So far, their symptoms are similar to a sinus infection, along with some chills and aching. My dad has a cough that comes and goes.

Dad got the monoclonal antibody treatment today, and my brother will get it tomorrow. Brother is (very slow) recovering from Gillian-Barre Syndrome, so covid is obviously something he did not want right now.

My mom is a teacher and was eligible for the booster when it was approved. She got it a couple weeks ago, and has tested negative so far.
    A couple days after the antibody treatments and they are both feeling pretty good. Dad says he feels fine and mowed his yard today. Brother feels better than he did, but is dealing with some fatigue.

I’m a believer in the antibody treatments.

Site Supporter
    Got the Pfizer 3rd yesterday at noon. Developed a sore arm in the evening. It faded and is gone now, 8 PM. Lots of folks getting boosters. Treated myself with a Chunky candy on the way out.

I'm going for a Pfizer booster next week and at 75 y/o it's probably a good idea. Had almost no reaction to either of the first two shots, maybe a bit sore across the shoulders after shot 2. The antibody treatment is available locally in Idaho and I believe that would be my go-to if I should subsequently get COVID.

Site Supporter
    Article about molnupiravir, a new COVID 19 treatment being developed by Merck: https://www.yalemedicine.org/news/9-...nts_10-13-2021

Site Supporter
    I'm eight days out from my Pfizer boost and have little to report. My arm was sore and I was tired for a couple of days. My seven day resting heart rate according to Garmin is 50, which is actually a little below where it was the previous week. I'll check my titers next week. Hopefully I'll get into the millions this time!

Community transmission has dropped sharply here. I dearly hope that out last wave was the last wave.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

User Tag List