Page 83 of 185 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593133183 ... LastLast

Thread: COVID-19 vaccines: medical concerns and recommendations

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Your local PD probably has a drop box.

Local PD here also does 2 take-back events each year in conjunction with the local DEA. Next one is in about 2 weeks.
    The Rite Aid pharmacy where I got my #3 Pfizer covid shot today had a drop box for meds that need to be out of circulation. My neighbors wife who died of cancer had a bucket of pain meds. She lost an eye about a year before she died. A family friend showed up asking if her husband had any of her meds that she could have. Notorious biker drug dealer/addict here on the island. They reach out when they smell a score.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post
    48+ hours and nothing new to report. Injection site lump is gone and the arm has no lingering tenderness. My armpit lymph node is still a bit swollen - something I only notice/perceive as a minor irritation when running or swimming. The booster shot had the mildest side effects of the 3 for me.
    Had #3 Pfizer today. Nothing to report 7 hours later. I may die in my sleep tonight but the odds are good I won't.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

I unwittingly went with the natural booster, and I got to say that the side effects kind of suck. Day 6, and it still feels like I have a head cold.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

#1 Daughter the surgical nurse had her Pfizer booster yesterday evening. It kicked her butt far more than she expected, and she's been off all day, hardly functional.
    The word on her floor among all the nurses and surgeons is that one can expect to react to the booster in a very similar manner to the original 2nd dose.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

My dad and brother both tested positive yesterday. They had both been vaccinated with Pfizer. So far, their symptoms are similar to a sinus infection, along with some chills and aching. My dad has a cough that comes and goes.

Dad got the monoclonal antibody treatment today, and my brother will get it tomorrow. Brother is (very slow) recovering from Gillian-Barre Syndrome, so covid is obviously something he did not want right now.

My mom is a teacher and was eligible for the booster when it was approved. She got it a couple weeks ago, and has tested negative so far.

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    My dad and brother both tested positive yesterday. They had both been vaccinated with Pfizer. So far, their symptoms are similar to a sinus infection, along with some chills and aching. My dad has a cough that comes and goes.

Dad got the monoclonal antibody treatment today, and my brother will get it tomorrow. Brother is (very slow) recovering from Gillian-Barre Syndrome, so covid is obviously something he did not want right now.

My mom is a teacher and was eligible for the booster when it was approved. She got it a couple weeks ago, and has tested negative so far.
    That's tough, T. My thoughts are with you and the family.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    These two well done studies on vaccine and myocarditis risk will cause some reaction. I feel a bit validated in having been recommending J&J as a preferred option for young men for some time now. Of course, that one has hematologic concerns but those seem be very rare.

https://www.nejm.org/doi/10.1056/NEJMoa2109730

https://www.nejm.org/doi/10.1056/NEJMoa2110737

Thanks for posting those.

Question and maybe @0ddl0t has this data: what is the incidence of myocarditis with a Covid infection?
    Last edited by Doc_Glock; 10-07-2021 at 11:59 PM.

I haven't seen an age breakdown of myocarditis after covid19, but based on all-age stats it appears covid19 is about 7 times more likely to cause myocarditis than an mRNA vaccination.

In the first study YVK posted, 1 of 136 confirmed cases of post-vaccination myocarditis was fatal. In this study of covid19-caused myocarditis, 5 of 33 patients died:

Name:  10741_2021_10087_Fig2_HTML.jpg
Views: 276
Size:  74.6 KB

Of course it might have been other covid19 complications that killed them, but I wouldn't be surprised if covid19 myocarditis tends to be more severe than vaccine myocarditis.
    Last edited by 0ddl0t; 10-08-2021 at 12:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post

Question and maybe @0ddl0t has this data: what is the incidence of myocarditis with a Covid infection?
    The only report that I've seen on this was the CDC piece that was mentioned earlier in the thread. I read it and thought that the quality of data in that report was trash. I remain unclear what has higher rates of myocarditis, covid or mrna.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Any input from the medical SMEs here... I want to get the Pfizer booster, but due to air quality and pollen and wind lately, I've been taking once daily Claritin. Any word on if its best to be off of that a while before getting the vaccine?

User Tag List