Page 69 of 185 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179119169 ... LastLast

Thread: COVID-19 vaccines: medical concerns and recommendations

Quote Originally Posted by 4RNR View Post
    I just don't like being treated like a child.

I made the mistake of taking the first shot based on bad info I had at the moment. It won't happen again

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    People are only being treated like children when they won’t act like adults.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    People are only being treated like children when they won’t act like adults.
    I'm talking about going back to 2020. Back to Jan 2020 and all the politicizing of this virus. From calling Trump racist for closing borders and telling people to go out in NYC parades to hiding the NIH funding and calling anyone who suggests it came from China, racist to having Biden and Harris saying they wouldn't trust the vaccines only to do a 180 once in office. It's either not that serious that month long riots are ok ....or they really don't give a shit about my health in which case stop pushing the vaccine

I'm talking about going back to 2020. Back to Jan 2020 and all the politicizing of this virus. From calling Trump racist for closing borders and telling people to go out in NYC parades to hiding the NIH funding and calling anyone who suggests it came from China, racist to having Biden and Harris saying they wouldn't trust the vaccines only to do a 180 once in office. It's either not that serious that month long riots are ok ....or they really don't give a shit about my health in which case stop pushing the vaccine

None of that has anything to do with taking one of the currently available vaccines to protect yourself and others from a dangerous virus that has now clogged hospitals beyond capacity for the 3rd time in a year. Particularly since the real world results of the vaccines are more than abundantly clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Balisong View Post
    None of that has anything to do with taking one of the currently available vaccines to protect yourself and others from a dangerous virus that has now clogged hospitals beyond capacity for the 3rd time in a year. Particularly since the real world results of the vaccines are more than abundantly clear.
    I asked earlier (I did see the reply, thank you). What are the chances of a bad outcome for a 6'1 200lb, 40 year old male with no comorbidities, no prescription meds, no health issues, has never eaten the S.A.D diet, and exercises regularly?

Here's where I'm confused. If you have the vaccine then you're protected, right? How are you more protected if I'm vaccinated? Who are these others I'm protecting? My dog? My dad is vaccinated because he's a walking comorbidity. My mom is healthy, has no medical issues or prescription meds and wants nothing to do with it. My grandma refuses it. My friends were either already sick and got over it or had the vaccine. I work from home and spend most of my time at home. So the only other living thing I'm possibly endangering is my dog

My understanding is, at least to a certain extent, the media reports COVID hospitalizations even when COVID isn't the issue. Patient comes in for broken leg. Tests positive for covid but is asymptomatic. Media reports as covid patient taking up a bed. Not saying that's all or even majority of the reports but it's certainly adding to. For example.... Weren't Ivermectin users clogging Oklahoma hospitals to the point where gunshot victims were being turned away? All over the news, turned out to be BS.

I know a lot of people who have gotten sick in the last year. Between co workers, friends and their families and my parents friends I know probably close to 50 people if not more. Ages between little kids to grandparents. Most in the mid 40-65 range. Several were on chemo while sick. All in all 5 hospitalized, one for panic, 2 only overnight and 2 for a week. All those were over 70 one was on chemo. Everyone else just road it out at home

Last edited by 4RNR; 09-16-2021 at 06:47 PM.

While anecdotal, I personally know a few people under 50 with no comorbidities who have wound up with serious, long haul Covid symptoms. One guy is still suffering a year out from brain fog and low O2 levels.
    I've known one guy who died from it.

But of all the vaccinated people, I don't know any who had any serious side effects from the shot.

The data those people here in the know are bring into the discussion backs this up. The risk of getting serious, long term consequences from the virus are greater than the risk from getting the shot. Likewise, those who are vaccinated are less likey to get the serious effects from the virus than those who are experiencing it for the first time.

Odds vs stakes.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

My understanding is, at least to a certain extent, the media reports COVID hospitalizations even when COVID isn't the issue. Patient comes in for broken leg. Tests positive for covid but is asymptomatic. Media reports as covid patient taking up a bed. Not saying that's all or even majority of the reports but it's certainly adding to. For example.... Weren't Ivermectin users clogging Oklahoma hospitals to the point where gunshot victims were being turned away? All over the news, turned out to be BS.
    But have you noticed that the people here who actually work in hospitals are personally reporting high numbers of Covid patients who are actually there because the Covid is putting them there?
    I'm seeing the same reports from friends and family members in medicine, plus I know a lot of people who are themselves getting hospitalized because of Covid.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    While anecdotal, I personally know a few people under 50 with no comorbidities who have wound up with serious, long haul Covid symptoms. One guy is still suffering a year out from brain fog and low O2 levels.
    I've known one guy who died from it.

But of all the vaccinated people, I don't know any who had any serious side effects from the shot.

The data those people here in the know are bring into the discussion backs this up. The risk of getting serious, long term consequences from the virus are greater than the risk from getting the shot. Likewise, those who are vaccinated are less likey to get the serious effects from the virus than those who are experiencing it for the first time.

Odds vs stakes.
    Yes you are correct the risk is greater unvaccinated but by how much. 50 vs 99 percent? 98.12345 vs 98.6789 percent?

Yes you are correct the risk is greater unvaccinated but by how much. 50 vs 99 percent? 98.12345 vs 98.6789 percent?

Go back and read some of Oddlot's post where he puts the numbers up. Or of the other members who are putting up numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    But have you noticed that the people here who actually work in hospitals are personally reporting high numbers of Covid patients who are actually there because the Covid is putting them there?
    I'm seeing the same reports from friends and family members in medicine, plus I know a lot of people who are themselves getting hospitalized because of Covid.
    Yes I did. I also know people who work at hospitals and they tell various stories. My neighbor 4 houses down is a ER nurse. He says some days its crazy other times it covid because they tested positive while in for other emergencies, but not sick.

An acquaintance's wife says it's pretty jumping but not over run. About the same as around Christmas time more or less.

From other conversations throughout this year my understanding is it's more or less old(er) and/or health compromised people. Not all but majority.

Here's where I'm confused. If you have the vaccine then you're protected, right? How are you more protected if I'm vaccinated? Who are these others I'm protecting? My dog?
    If the vaccine were 100% effective that would be correct. But it's not perfect - the vaccine greatly reduces but does not eliminate the chance you will contract Covid if exposed to someone with the virus. If you are vaccinated there is less chance you will be sick so less chance to expose others.

User Tag List