Page 49 of 185 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999149 ... LastLast

Thread: COVID-19 vaccines: medical concerns and recommendations

The Moderna shot kicked my ass for two days, but woke up feeling fine on day three.

Nobody knows if it’s Delta or what variant, but it’s going around the little town I work in like wildfire. Everyone thinks it was originally spread from workers in the store. Who are all 4-5 months out from the second shot.

They incorrectly believed they were immunized so thought that they just had a summer head cold, which is very common sine there is a lot of dust and fungus in the air from from harvesting corn and rice.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Might it be that Delta is just on the wane?
    When Delta was ravaging India. We (the Security division I work in) have about 400 FTE there and had over 100 out due to direct illness or to support sick family at the peak. It was bad bad bad, then suddenly case volumes fell off a cliff and we were nearly back to normal in no time. I think Delta burns through the population so quick, it goes away just as quickly as it arrived.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Ed L View Post
    If only I had this foresight with my investment decisions. Now, the big question is do I want to double down and get the dose that they have me scheduled for in three weeks--which they believe will be my second dose but which will really be my forth dose? Will this put me ahead of the curve before they decide that you really need a series of two boosters? Will this further boost my immunity and make me the Omega man? Or will this put me in the hospital and give them a novel case of someone who took 4 doses to study?

At about 51 hours after getting the 3rd dose I was feeling completely back to normal other than a tender arm. This was easier than my second dose which had me feeling sick for a number of days and seemed to take at least 5 days before I felt unsick and longer than that before I didn't feel abnormally tired.
    We don't have any data on a 4th dose yet and it doesn't look like the medical professionals are going to speculate, but I won't let that stop me from hazarding a guess...

I wouldn't get #4 (at least not this soon) unless you fall into a group which often creates few/no antibodies after the vaccines:

Name:  Screenshot_20210828-082301.jpg
Views: 271
Size:  44.3 KB

Name:  Screenshot_20210828-082352.jpg
Views: 266
Size:  67.6 KB

In those cases, it seems like each additional dose increases the chances of some immune response. But the fact that you felt side effects after #3 suggests to me that you probably don't fall into this camp. Instead I suspect your antibody levels will remain adequate for at least another 5-6 months (and perhaps longer since the starting level is usually higher after dose 3):
    Name:  Screenshot_20210828-081749.jpg
Views: 268
Size:  55.6 KB

(these slides are from a CDC presentation in June and are before the Delta variant was as big of a concern)

Site Supporter
    I'm not Catholic, but I think these doctors on the Catholic Medical Associations "Doctor Doctor" show have had really great info on Covid over the past year. They have been good guides.

This show focuses on the Delta variant and emphasizes the importance of getting vaccinated -- even with the breakthroughs that have been reported.

https://soundcloud.com/doctordoctors...lta-difference

Forgive my not having read through the entirety of the thread...but I'm curious...why are individuals not allowed to know which variant they are stricken with?

(We are vaccinated and thus far issue free, but I'm curious about the above, if it's true.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Forgive my not having read through the entirety of the thread...but I'm curious...why are individuals not allowed to know which variant they are stricken with?

(We are vaccinated and thus far issue free, but I'm curious about the above, if it's true.)
    Medical-grade testing procedures have to go through a rigorous approval process. Genomic sequencing of coronaviruses hasn't so it is considered something more like research-grade, meaning labs are forbidden from giving the results to patients or their doctors.

https://www.businessinsider.com/covi...ta-2021-8?op=1

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post
    Medical-grade testing procedures have to go through a rigorous approval process. Genomic sequencing of coronaviruses hasn't so it is considered something more like research-grade, meaning labs are forbidden from giving the results to patients or their doctors.

https://www.businessinsider.com/covi...ta-2021-8?op=1
    Scratching my head here…. If the labs aren’t allowed to release the variant, how are “we” certain that the Delta variant is so prevalent?

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    When Delta was ravaging India. We (the Security division I work in) have about 400 FTE there and had over 100 out due to direct illness or to support sick family at the peak. It was bad bad bad, then suddenly case volumes fell off a cliff and we were nearly back to normal in no time. I think Delta burns through the population so quick, it goes away just as quickly as it arrived.

Chris
    I heard one doc say that we should see a rapid drop off in FL, unfortunately they estimate that is weeks away.

Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    Scratching my head here…. If the labs aren’t allowed to release the variant, how are “we” certain that the Delta variant is so prevalent?
    I asked my wife if she knows if patients have Delta and she said yes. They run a specific test for Delta, and while there are a few cases of original Covid, it's essentially 100% Delta right now.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    I heard one doc say that we should see a rapid drop off in FL, unfortunately they estimate that is weeks away.

I asked my wife if she knows if patients have Delta and she said yes. They run a specific test for Delta, and while there are a few cases of original Covid, it's essentially 100% Delta right now.
    But the patient has no right to know? Doesn't seem right to me.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    But the patient has no right to know? Doesn't seem right to me.
    The patients are told.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

User Tag List