Page 1 of 185 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: COVID-19 vaccines: medical concerns and recommendations

COVID-19 vaccines: medical concerns and recommendations

This is a new thread continuing the discussion started in the now closed COVID VACCINE thread.

Please limit discussion in this thread to medical concerns and recommendations related to COVID-19 vaccines. Literature citations and conclusions based on legitimate medical and/or scientific expertise are encouraged.

There is another thread for discussion of political issues and concerns related to COVID-19 vaccines.
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 07-15-2021 at 06:58 PM.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

My sister, a nurse, was asking about my current vaccine status in light of my many previous malaria infections. It seems that one of her unvaccinated co-workers got Covid, and that triggered a malaria attack.

Now, a few years back, I had a case of food poisoning that triggered a malaria flare up, so yeah.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    My sister, a nurse, was asking about my current vaccine status in light of my many previous malaria infections. It seems that one of her unvaccinated co-workers got Covid, and that triggered a malaria attack.

Now, a few years back, I had a case of food poisoning that triggered a malaria flare up, so yeah.
    Guess I have some reading to do, had no idea that was a thing. Sorry, brother.

Grandpa had malaria. He got it while nursing some abdominal Japanese artillery shell fragments with no antibiotics.

I am glad to have some of his DNA.
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    I’ll be attending a Celebration of Life this weekend.

Per Yung’s link above.

Name:  EC2D4AEF-7B6D-4E55-AAE2-EC00B26E3138.jpg
Views: 4421
Size:  61.2 KB
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    *Wrong thread*
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

Here in OK, essentially all hospital admissions for COVID are unvaccinated persons. I think it is ALL at this time, but few things are “all, 100%”.

Recommendation: vaccinate.

Site Supporter
    Hopefully this is appropriate for this new thread?

New Study on Antibody Response Shows We Should Hit the Brakes on Push for COVID Vaccine Boosters

The story takes a while to get to the gist of the byline.... too much blather... but...
    The first embedded link is to Science Daily... Interesting read there as well.

Also, I cannot cite how many studies that show the long-lasting immunity that comes from initial vaccination.

I mean, this isn’t breaking news. WBUR from May:
    A new study that focused on the immune response to COVID-19 in patients who contracted mild cases found that antibody production lasts up to a year and may last a lifetime.

Vaccines heighten the antibody response and are crucial in protecting those who developed asymptomatic COVID-19 or never contracted the virus at all, the study finds.
    Further down in the same story... Emphasis mine...
    And Good Morning America also cited a study from NIH Director Dr. Francis Collins showing long-lasting immunity post-vaccination. For those who have received the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines—pay attention. It is a small study. I want to make that clear, but 14 vaccinated people after 15 weeks had their lymph nodes biopsied and found a lasting cellular immune response from COVID. Dr. Darien Sutton said these types of cells can last for decades (via Director’s Blog NIH):
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post

Interesting. I grew up in the Ivory Coast in the late 80s through early 90s and had malaria at least 2x a year despite being on meds (Nivaquine? I think that's what it was. I had hallucinations from it.)

Anyway, malaria sucks. I'm vaccinated so I'm happy that won't be popping up years later.
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 07-17-2021 at 10:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by frank View Post
    Interesting. I grew up in the Ivory Coast in the late 80s through early 90s and had malaria at least 2x a year despite being on meds (Nivaquine? I think that's what it was. I had hallucinations from it.)

Anyway, malaria sucks. I'm vaccinated so I'm happy that won't be popping up years later.
    Your quote of Clusterfrack doesn't link to a post by him saying anything about malaria.

Can you give a correct link so I can read what you're referring to? There's otherwise no context to your reply.

Moderator edit: fixed the quote.
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 07-17-2021 at 10:35 AM.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

User Tag List