Page 95 of 185 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105145 ... LastLast

Thread: COVID-19 vaccines: medical concerns and recommendations

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan1980 View Post
    How are you doing today? Like you I had my Moderna #2 in March. Still mulling over on when to get #3.
    FWIW, Moderna 2 kicked my ass for a day, Moderna 3 was a non event. Minor sore arm an low grade headache for a day.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    FWIW, Moderna 2 kicked my ass for a day, Moderna 3 was a non event. Minor sore arm an low grade headache for a day.
    It's interesting how everybody seems to react differently. My #2 was like I didn't even get it except for the sore arm, which also happened with #1, only #1 was worse with the arm.

A friend got his #2 and his ass was kicked hard for 3 days. He's no wuss either.

My sister had some really good lymph node swelling for quite awhile, even had to reschedule a mammogram over it. They weren't all the way back down when #2 time came and she almost skipped #2 over it.

My ex-wife and her brother both didn't even know they got either shot. Weird...

Site Supporter
    Dose 3 for me. As I promised before, I'll let you all know if it makes me any more retarded than I already am.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Pfizer booster, very mild arm soreness, nothing else that I noticed. Had similar lack of reaction to the first two doses of Pfizer.

More data, this time out of Texas. The vaccine works, you should get the vaccine.

https://www.dshs.texas.gov/immunize/...on-status.aspx

From September 4 through October 1, 2021:
    Unvaccinated people were 13 times more likely to become infected with COVID-19 than fully vaccinated people.

Unvaccinated people were 20 times more likely to experience COVID-19-associated death than fully vaccinated people.

Vaccination had a strong protective effect on infections and deaths among people of all ages. The protective impact on infections was consistent across adult age groups and even greater in people ages 12 to 17 years. The protective impact on COVID-19 deaths, which was high for all age groups, varied more widely. In the September time frame, unvaccinated people in their 40s were 55 times more likely to die from COVID-19 compared with fully vaccinated people of the same age. Unvaccinated people aged 75 years and older were 12 times more likely to die than their vaccinated counterparts.

Overall, regardless of vaccination status, people in Texas were four to five times more likely to become infected with COVID-19 or suffer a COVID-19-associated death while the Delta variant was prevalent in Texas (August 2021) compared with a period before the Delta variant became prevalent (April 2021).

Got my moderna booster last night. So far, nothing but a slightly sore arm but we'll see as the day goes on. Dose #2 hit me pretty good the next day with a high fever and bad chills. Hoping to avoid a repeat of that...

Site Supporter
    My booster (Pfizer) that I got Monday did result in some fatigue, soreness and 100.0 temperature last night.

Had to miss Jiu Jitsu, which I hate missing. Instead I made a chicken dinner in a garlic cream sauce for the wife. So it didn't knock me down too hard.

Popped two Tylenol while dinner was simmering and by the time I uncorked a bottle of wine for the misses I felt fine.

Feel great this morning.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by karandom View Post
    More data, this time out of Texas. The vaccine works, you should get the vaccine.

https://www.dshs.texas.gov/immunize/...on-status.aspx

From September 4 through October 1, 2021:
    Unvaccinated people were 13 times more likely to become infected with COVID-19 than fully vaccinated people.

Unvaccinated people were 20 times more likely to experience COVID-19-associated death than fully vaccinated people.

Vaccination had a strong protective effect on infections and deaths among people of all ages. The protective impact on infections was consistent across adult age groups and even greater in people ages 12 to 17 years. The protective impact on COVID-19 deaths, which was high for all age groups, varied more widely. In the September time frame, unvaccinated people in their 40s were 55 times more likely to die from COVID-19 compared with fully vaccinated people of the same age. Unvaccinated people aged 75 years and older were 12 times more likely to die than their vaccinated counterparts.

Overall, regardless of vaccination status, people in Texas were four to five times more likely to become infected with COVID-19 or suffer a COVID-19-associated death while the Delta variant was prevalent in Texas (August 2021) compared with a period before the Delta variant became prevalent (April 2021).

That is really impressive. Thanks for linking that.

I got my Pfizer booster on Monday (two days ago). I felt fine on Monday, but Tuesday I didn't feel great. Today is Wednesday and I'm feeling better, but not 100 percent. This is pretty much what happened when I got my second shot in April. When I got my first shot in March, I had zero side effects.

Anyone get a dissimilar booster from shots #1 and #2?

I got a moderna booster today though I had Pfizer for the initial vaccination. Expecting the moderna to be a bit rougher than Pfizer was.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

User Tag List