Page 144 of 185 FirstFirst ... 4494134142143144145146154 ... LastLast
Results 1,431 to 1,440 of 1845

Thread: COVID-19 vaccines: medical concerns and recommendations

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by EricP View Post
    Do the various home tests specify what protein they test for?
    I think it's on the package insert. Or maybe I found it on the Abbott's website. The information should definitely be available, but I don't know precisely where to tell you to look. I'm sorry.

Site Supporter
    9 y/o son tested positive with Binax home test yesterday after testing negative on Friday. Initially just had some very minor sinus congestion/drainage, then yesterday was tired when we played in the snow and said his head hurt a little so checked him again. We’ve been trying to keep the rest of the family away (missus, I, and 3 y/o daughter), hoping we can limit to only 1 member of the household, fingers crossed. Minor symptoms for him but keeping a close watch on him, tough little guy.

@LittleLebowski, how are you and the kids holding up? Hope they have an easy go and you guys shake it quickly.
    In one physical model of the universe, the shortest distance between two points is a straight line... in the opposite direction, Danny. -Ty Webb

Quote Originally Posted by Jakus View Post
    Israel seems to have data showing 4th shot isn’t effective at stopping Omicron.

https://www.reuters.com/world/middle...on-2022-01-17/
    To be fair, the 3rd shot wasn't effective at stopping Delta either. But while not effective at stopping Omicron, the 4th shot still does reduce the number of infections:
    We see an increase in antibodies, higher than after the third dose. However, we see many infected with Omicron who received the fourth dose. Granted, a bit less than in the control group, but still a lot of infections.
    The data also come from a small number of healthcare workers who are presumably exposed to Omicron much more often than the average person.

Has anyone here had any long term changes/decline in their health post vaccine that they can't attribute to anything else?

I have some fairly significant health issues going on right now that I have no history of or genetic predisposition to, that I found common with a fair number of other people who are claiming vaccine "injury".

Not an anti-vaxxer, have had both doses but no booster. Working with a cardiologist, gastroenterologist, and soon a hematologist to try and figure out what's going on. I don't know and neither does anyone else right now. Hopefully they'll figure out the reason for my decline soon but as of now this group of people on a Mayo Clinic thread all have a story and symptoms uncannily similar to mine. Like....exactly.

Site Supporter
    Do you have a link to the thread? I'd be interested in reading it.

Site Supporter
    The Federal gov's free at-home test site is up in an early rollout.

https://www.covidtests.gov/

It's run by the USPS, it looks like. I'll hold off on further comments...

Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    Has anyone here had any long term changes/decline in their health post vaccine that they can't attribute to anything else?

I have some fairly significant health issues going on right now that I have no history of or genetic predisposition to, that I found common with a fair number of other people who are claiming vaccine "injury".

Not an anti-vaxxer, have had both doses but no booster. Working with a cardiologist, gastroenterologist, and soon a hematologist to try and figure out what's going on. I don't know and neither does anyone else right now. Hopefully they'll figure out the reason for my decline soon but as of now this group of people on a Mayo Clinic thread all have a story and symptoms uncannily similar to mine. Like....exactly.
    I am really sorry to hear that, Craig. In my practice I have one man, 60+ years old, who complained of just not feeling the same after a first dose of Pfizer. I did my checks on him and all came back unremarkable. Told him to call if he was still not doing well and have not heard. We certainly have seen a number of pericarditis and myocarditis patients post vaccination but those are obvious. I have just returned from a weeklong conference run by Mayo cards; they didn't mention anything mysterious with post vaccination heart and Mayo people love mysterious.
    I hope they figure out what's going on. Feel free to pm, happy to talk if you may find it useful.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

PF docs, my wife is having an issue:

Hypertensive urgency from COVID endothelial injury/activation, her BP is sky high, 185\1105. A few minutes ago it was 195\133. We have her brother the infectious disease doc involved along with her GP and endocrinologist, we changed meds this morning to no avail yet. I’d appreciate any advice offered. @YVK
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    I am really sorry to hear that, Craig. In my practice I have one man, 60+ years old, who complained of just not feeling the same after a first dose of Pfizer. I did my checks on him and all came back unremarkable. Told him to call if he was still not doing well and have not heard. We certainly have seen a number of pericarditis and myocarditis patients post vaccination but those are obvious. I have just returned from a weeklong conference run by Mayo cards; they didn't mention anything mysterious with post vaccination heart and Mayo people love mysterious.
    I hope they figure out what's going on. Feel free to pm, happy to talk if you may find it useful.

Thank you sir I appreciate the kind offer.

On 12/16 I was doing a gov class and had to turn it over to my AI and go to the ER. Thought I was having a heart attack. Chest pain about a 7, dizziness, nothing radiating into my limbs however the two weeks prior to the event I started having leg and foot cramps just walking that were fairly painful. That and I've been falling asleep during the day for no reason.

I have a pretty shitty family history of heart disease and had a cath back in 2016 after some blood pressure issues. The cath didn't yield anything....no blockage, no signs of coronary artery disease. They diagnosed me with idiopathic cardio myopathy and I've been on Valasartan and Metoprolol since then and have had no other issues. I've been working out, doing jiu-jitsu and running my business 40+ weeks a year since then.

Anyway back to the ER visit, they did a chest x-ray, CT scan with contrast, and a blood panel. Zero. No troponin enzyme, nothing they could see in ER.

They did tell me that my hiatal hernia was huge (which I've lived with since about 2014) but what was anomalous was my hemaglobin was 9 and I had an elevated D-dimer.

I've never been anemic in my life and have no family history of that.

They suspected a GI bleed so as soon as I got home I scheduled with my GI doc (who is my neighbor) and within 5 days had endoscopy and a colonoscopy. Nothing on either. Did the pill cam after that and still nothing.

Bi-lateral ultrasound to rule out a DVT since I fly so much and maybe that would explain the weird leg pain. Still nothing.

So the next stop is the hematologist on 2/3 coming up and I have an appointment with my cardiologist (who I haven't seen in 3 years) in March maybe to dig a little deeper on the cardiac angle.

That being said I ran across this thread and the number of people who have literally the exact same symptoms and progression startled me.

https://connect.mayoclinic.org/discu...covid-vaccine/

I've been fairly fucked up until last week. Haven't really been able to do much and even playing with my dogs gasses me out. I managed to talking head my way through the San Diego EWO class I just did, with Scotty and Cecil's help, and felt better this past weekend with a class I did with the Michigan State Police with Larry's help. For the past three days I've had no dizziness or the bone deep feeling of exhaustion, and no leg cramping.

But I'm a long way from okay.

Not sure what's going on but that's the state of Me right now.

Again not an anti-vaxxer by a long shot but outside of injuries I'm generally pretty healthy for a 53 year old dude. I feel like I'm 73 right now.

:::edited to add::: I want to restate that I'm not mistaking correlation for causation or blaming the vaccine. Nothing is worse than being sick, not knowing why, and having an internet connection.
    Last edited by SouthNarc; 01-18-2022 at 05:46 PM.

Lil, pm sent.
    @SouthNarc: Hgb of 9 will absolutely take a wind out of you, and anemia can make things harder for cardiomyopathy. At the same time, a compensatory mechanism for anemia is faster heart rate and your metoprolol may prevent that from happening.
    Approach to anemia is rather algorithmic. There are various kinds, of course, and I often times see people going for endoscopies before proving anemia is an iron deficiency. That is usually done by blood iron and ferritin studies although sometimes they need bone marrow. I think you're on the right track. Go see your heart guy to make sure the heart is holding like it is supposed. Your first question to heme guy should be "What type of anemia I got?" If it is indeed iron loss and they already checked your gut, gotta check a urinalysis and maybe see a urologist; blood can be lost there too. If all checks out and there is no bad stuff found, replace the iron and keep watching.
    If it ain't iron deficiency, then the pathway is different.
    Speedy diagnosis and recovery, man. Feel free to reach out whenever.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

User Tag List