Page 130 of 185 FirstFirst ... 3080120128129130131132140180 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,300 of 1845

Thread: COVID-19 vaccines: medical concerns and recommendations

Quote Originally Posted by Ed L View Post
    I feel very bad for all of the PF members who are suffering with Covid or have relatives with Covid. I don't remember it ever being this horrible.

I read about Israel is giving people forth doses and did some research. Since I own 2 Galils, and have a host of vulnerability factors that the Galils don't address, I considered myself eligible for a 4th dose. So about 5 hours ago I got my 4th dose of the vaccine. My three previous doses were Pfizer. Today I got a Moderna booster dose. This is what the pharmacist gave me based on the fact that the card I showed her already had two doses of Pfizer on it. I had heard that mixing the doses might increase effectiveness. I have no idea on the validity of this, but I gave it a shot.

I claimed that this was my third dose. So I was able it put on a vaccine card that has my first two doses. I have another vaccine card that has my third dose listed as my first dose--so I am ready when it is time to take my fifth dose.

I originally wanted to get my bloodwork done before I got the 4th dose so I could compare the antibody level is now to blood that I would get drawn 3-4 weeks after this dose. But the pharmacy had the Moderna available for walk-ins; my area seems to have 4 times the number of new daily cases that it had at its previous worst. Since I had a weekend to recover from any after effects before I needed to be back at work, I decided to snag the 4th dose of the vaccine immediately.
    Jesus dude. I hope you’re being honest with your doctor about all this. When you need a fake ID to get your shots it might be time to slow down.
    Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    Many know here that I am a school teacher. I am a teacher at an elementary school in New Mexico. I am currently not vaccinated because I had a frank discussion with my doctor given the medications I am on and the illnesses I already have that I was weary of the vaccine, he agreed that given my age and fitness level that we should wait. So I am not vaccinated. I had covid two months ago, I was better in 5 days. Not saying this is the norm or what others experience but my experience was I popped positive on a weekly test I take, I isolated, slept, drank water, took vitamins, and 5 days is what it took.. We are getting ready to start class on Monday and only staff has been in schools this past week. We had multiple members that are fully vaccinated and boosted show symptoms, test, and test positive this week. This was seen across the majority of campuses in our city. I am on the leadership team for the school and we are all very concerned what this will mean when the kids all come back and many of them coming from vacation etc. Pray for us if you are so inclined, but it doesn't seem that this variant gives a shit if your vaccinated or not. Regardless of bad symptoms or mild, kids deserve to be in person but if we hit a certain threshold we will have to shut down again. It is just such a disheartening feeling that all of us are doing all we can to keep each other safe and the school safe but a new variant shows up and sweeps the rug out.

One of the hardest things I have had to do is explain to coworkers was just because they were jabbed does not mean they cannot spread the virus. Many didn't believe me and I had to pull up news articles and studies. This branding and narrative is the thing that is putting kids at risk. We had to retell staff that was vaccinated, "if you show symptoms get tested and stay home. You will still spread the virus." The silence in the room when I got done talking was pretty telling.
    I think we’re kind of at the same point with vaccines that we were with toilet paper 18 months ago. People just want to feel like they can do something to control all this and the facts don’t get in the way of an emotional response. We have all kinds of rules at work about what you can do if you’re vaxxed vs non-vaxxed and I just shake my head. I don’t want to assign motivation here, but it’s hard not to feel like people are being punished for their political beliefs because the science and the data at this point don’t support those kind of actions.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
    I don’t want to assign motivation here, but it’s hard not to feel like people are being punished for their political beliefs because the science and the data at this point don’t support those kind of actions.
    It’s fucked up.

And this is coming from a guy who got moderna’d as soon as I could finagle it. These things are *not* mutually exclusive: #1, the vax clearly saves lives, and #2 this whole thing is now a politicized way to virtue signal, divide, brainwash, scare, and exert unholy control over a populace. See WA state, among others, for that.

JMO.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    It’s fucked up.

And this is coming from a guy who got moderna’d as soon as I could finagle it. These things are *not* mutually exclusive: #1, the vax clearly saves lives, and #2 this whole thing is now a politicized way to virtue signal, divide, brainwash, scare, and exert unholy control over a populace. See WA state, among others, for that.

JMO.
    Same here. Two vacs and a booster. And I highly recommend getting them to others unless extenuating circumstances. But it should be their choice. I definitely don't believe in government mandates.
    Having said that, my place of work requires masks to enter and it's my job to enforce that. It's a private company and the owners have the right to set any legal requirement they want. Their sandbox, their rules. You don't like it, go somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Hands View Post
    Sitting here just got the booster and flu shot, wish me luck lol
    You’ll *love* the prehensile tail!
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by Ed L View Post
    I read about Israel is giving people forth doses and did some research. Since I own 2 Galils, and have a host of vulnerability factors that the Galils don't address, I considered myself eligible for a 4th dose. So about 5 hours ago I got my 4th dose of the vaccine. My three previous doses were Pfizer. Today I got a Moderna booster dose.
    How did the side effects compare? I plan on doing the same in 1 month - a Moderna booster four months after my third pfizer...

Joined the Covidians

And qualified for a 5 day vacay at home! How cool is that?

Double jab, excellent PPE and serious social distancing(I call that Tuesday).

Very mild so far.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Quick update. My wife is about the same — still feels off, but it has never taken her down. I was basically in bed all Wednesday and Thursday, although I feel better today. Her symptoms are fatigue, some aches, sore neck and sore throat. She breathes just fine, no congestion in the nose. I was super tired, sweats, low fever, sore throat. No loss of smell, if anything it is like I have hyper smell. Lost just over six pounds, despite drinking throughout.
    My wife and are are pretty much recovered, doing the normal activities (fly, hike, shoot) but avoiding people a few more days per guidance. The one thing I still have is a sore throat, and a look in there tonight shows raw, red spots which is consistent with me tasting a hint of blood in the back of my throat.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Not sure if it made any difference but I received a Pfizer booster to go with my first two Moderna’s.

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Hands View Post
    Sitting here just got the booster and flu shot, wish me luck lol
    I wish you good luck and no reactions!

Until we started with flu shots, shingles shots, pneumonia shots, and now the covid, I didn't realize how lucky I was to have no discernable reaction to being vaccinated.
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post
    And qualified for a 5 day vacay at home! How cool is that?

Double jab, excellent PPE and serious social distancing(I call that Tuesday).

Very mild so far.
    Good luck!
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

User Tag List