Page 176 of 185 FirstFirst ... 76126166174175176177178 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,760 of 1845

Thread: COVID-19 vaccines: medical concerns and recommendations

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    The one time I know I had it, the symptoms were so mild I wouldn't have known if not for my daughter getting tested before going back to work (she had the sniffles and works with a covid-phobe, so she tested just to be able to tell her to STFU). When my daughter tested positive, we all got tested and popped positive. Our symptoms were so mild that if not for 2 years of Covid, we would have barely noticed anything (mild stuffiness and a scratchy throat, no fever).

Chris
    My experience exactly. Last May I came down with the weirdest cold I've ever had. I get sick maybe once every three years. Starts with a sore throat, moves into my sinuses then lungs. Stuffed up to the point of not being able to breathe through my nose, then bad cough for a few days. This was different. Sore throat, a bit stuffy nose, no fever or cough afterwards. Got one of those take home tests which was negative, but from what I understand they are not very effective with the later variants. Lots of false negatives. It would be hard to believe I have not been exposed to it as I work with the public (retail) frequently. Moderna vax plus booster.

Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    Apparently, COVID wasn't deadly enough already. Boston University is experimenting with a super COVID.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    Boston University has now proven that we have learned nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The researchers at BU didn’t design a more lethal strain in humans. They designed a less lethal strain in humans and then tested it in a murine model that was engineered to be especially susceptible to this strain.

This is fairly routine and I used strains of bacteria that are especially lethal to mice for my K08 project.

I will admit that bullshit sounds much better in British than American.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    The researchers at BU didn’t design a more lethal strain in humans. They designed a less lethal strain in humans and then tested it in a murine model that was engineered to be especially susceptible to this strain.

This is fairly routine and I used strains of bacteria that are especially lethal to mice for my K08 project.

I will admit that bullshit sounds much better in British than American.
    It turns out that some important details were left out of the original story . . .

https://www.nbcboston.com/news/local...train/2865815/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Another study showing that supplementing with Vitamin D lowers COVID 19 risks.

David S.

I had a routine cleaning at the dentist on Tuesday afternoon. Yesterday afternoon I started feeling a bit wonky after my workout...eventually getting some chills, a bit of a cough but no big deal.

Today was a bit worse, but no fever so this evening I just decided to take one of the tests that I received in the mail from Uncle Sam. Positive. Well I'll be dipped.

I knew I shouldn't have gone for that cleaning on Tuesday. Over all I don't feel too bad...like a low grade cold.

So far, I'm just taking some acetaminophen and keeping hydrated.

Guess I won't be working out this week.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Pfizer bivalent recipient here, mild fatigue and arm soreness was experienced. Haven't stroked out.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I had a routine cleaning at the dentist on Tuesday afternoon. Yesterday afternoon I started feeling a bit wonky after my workout...eventually getting some chills, a bit of a cough but no big deal.

Today was a bit worse, but no fever so this evening I just decided to take one of the tests that I received in the mail from Uncle Sam. Positive. Well I'll be dipped.

I knew I shouldn't have gone for that cleaning on Tuesday. Over all I don't feel too bad...like a low grade cold.

Feel better soon. Staying hydrated and moving helped me. No workouts but making sure I got up and walked around every hour.

Site Supporter

Sorry to read this Blues.
    Hopefully it stays low-grade.

Might be a good idea to call the dentist and thank them, er, let them know.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Sorry to hear your down with it. I have a dentist appointment this Tuesday and your misfortune doesn't make it any more appealing. I had a cleaning while stationed in Japan by a local national who either wanted payback for the war or thought Marathon Man was a training film.😁 I've treated the dentist's office like enemy territory since. Get well soon!

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Sorry to read this Blues.
    Hopefully it stays low-grade.

Might be a good idea to call the dentist and thank them, er, let them know.

I thought about it...but didn't want them to think I was blaming them. It is the most logical place though, since we hadn't been to the supermarket in a couple of weeks and that's where most of our interactions with the public take place.

Anyway, it is what it is. Thanks, B, for the concern.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

User Tag List