Page 98 of 185 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108148 ... LastLast

Thread: COVID-19 vaccines: medical concerns and recommendations

Dizziness is a complaint, not a diagnosis. Ideally it doesn't make it into VAERS at all unless the mechanism is reasonably explained.
    It is also a most annoying complaint to work with.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Wild speculation? Really guys? 17% of people report dizziness after getting a covid vaccine - it is not exactly a rare side effect:

Name:  Screenshot_20211125-085251~2.jpg
Views: 336
Size:  75.1 KB

Update on neighbor: She'll be spending Thanksgiving in the hospital. Hip isn't broken, but her wrist is. She was going to be discharged yesterday, but started to fall when standing from the wheelchair. Looks like they'll be transferring her to a nursing home for the time being.

Again, a fall isn't super uncommon for someone her age & physical condition, but it happening so soon after the shot...
    Last edited by 0ddl0t; 11-25-2021 at 12:30 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post
    Wild speculation? Really guys? 17% of people report dizziness after getting a covid vaccine - it is not exactly a rare side effect:...
    I had enough light headedness 30 minutes after Moderna #2 that I gave my wife a heads up not to freak out if I suddenly pulled to the shoulder of the highway. Lasted 10 minutes then gone.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

I get a little dizzy from most vaccinations, not just Covid.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Wild speculation? Really guys? 17% of people report dizziness after getting a covid vaccine..
    I am not disputing the numbers. I am saying I don't know what dizziness means. People have passed out from just the needle sticks, and some get nervous and hyperventilate into lightheadedness just from an idea of being stuck.

I hope your neighbor recovers promptly.

I'm sitting here on thanksgiving without the ability to taste or smell the turkey. Had an appointment to get my booster on Monday. About a week too late. I will probably still get it in another 3 weeks. This chicom bioweapon sucks ass.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    I am not disputing the numbers. I am saying I don't know what dizziness means. People have passed out from just the needle sticks, and some get nervous and hyperventilate into lightheadedness just from an idea of being stuck.

That chart shows 16% reported dizziness after dose 1 and 8% after dose 2. I can't help but wonder how much of that is an actual difference in the body's response to the second dose and how much is psychological. I've known more than one person who got themselves worked up going in for the first dose.

Quote Originally Posted by EMC View Post
    I'm sitting here on thanksgiving without the ability to taste or smell the turkey.
    Not the best way doing the holidays, not the worst either.

Feel better soon, dude!

Not the best way doing the holidays, not the worst either.

Feel better soon, dude!
    Thanks Doc Y,

I'm thankful that's the worst symptom so far and likely some credit must go to at least some antibody production via pfizer 6 months ago.

I still love my kids despite them being such good vectors of disease. [emoji1]

Dizziness is a complaint, not a diagnosis. Ideally it doesn't make it into VAERS at all unless the mechanism is reasonably explained.
    It is also a most annoying complaint to work with.
    Wild speculation? Really guys? 17% of people report dizziness after getting a covid vaccine - it is not exactly a rare side effect:

To better explain where YVK is coming from:

On a patient chart, there's a category for complaints. There's a separate section for diagnosis. The two are not the same thing, and correlation does not equal causation......especially when talking about dizziness and needles. Dizziness is an extremely open ended issue.

Anyone who's worked in healthcare can attest that people having dizziness around needles isn't unique to the Covid vaccination. I've had people in the back of the ambulance that fainted from having an IV lock established.....there wasn't even any medication introduced. Garden variety dizziness is even more common, especially if the person is in any way "worked up" in their own mind.

Now especially when you add in the fact that the patient is geriatric.......dude, just to cut to the chase, do you know how many times EMS gets called for an unresponsive person and it's actually a benign event because an old person just squeezed too hard when taking a shit? I'm not assuming she was taking a shit at the time or that it was a vasovagal response, I'm just using it as an example to point out how obscenely common old people getting dizzy and passing out is, and how sensitive their responses can be.

As opposed to an adverse reaction to the vaccine's components, there are numerous other things at play here that are not only more probable more also more common as for the reason she felt dizzy and later fainted 6 hours after the fact. That's why you're getting a lukewarm response from some people; people who actually deal with this sort of stuff on a daily basis, no less. YVK isn't saying that it 100% isn't the vaccine, but assuming causation as a drug reaction due to correlation with the vaccine administration is 100% jumping the gun, likely incorrect, and not a position well based on actual experience or education in the medicinal field.

Long story short: 17% responses of dizziness does not indicate that the dizziness is due to a reaction to the actual pharmaceuticals.
    Last edited by TGS; 11-25-2021 at 09:20 PM.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

User Tag List