Page 90 of 185 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100140 ... LastLast

Thread: COVID-19 vaccines: medical concerns and recommendations

I had my Moderna Booster shot yesterday afternoon (original series in Jan/Feb).

I felt some mild symptoms (low headache and general lack of energy+appetite) most of last night into this morning. 24 hours after the shot was administered, I was back to normal. It was a much more moderated effect compared to the second dose in the original series.

Site Supporter

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakus View Post
    Heard this on the news this morning.... Jeebus!

I can see it being a regular thing, like seasonal flu. Hopefully annual, not semi-annual.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DpdG View Post
    I did the Moderna booster on Friday (#2 was end of January) and the side effects were similar, but an order of magnitude less. I felt fine for the first 12 hours post shot, then the next 6-8 were mild to moderate headache plus full body aches and chills. #2 was significant magnitude, #3 was more of an annoyance that could be dealt with via Tylenol.
    My experience with Moderna 2: the Rehealthening was identical. For twelve hours I figured it was just another punch in the shoulder and that would be that. 13 hours after getting the shot I went to bed and within minutes was chilled to the bone. I usually sleep in an unheated room with the fan on with a really light blanket, an ability I developed through spending years adding ethanol to my bloodstream. I'm ordinarily impervious to cold. Man, I was just shivering to the bone. Couple of hours later, melting under the covers, then cold, then hot...logged in to work around 6 am, almost no sleep overnight and expecting to feel like death all day. But by around 10 am, it was like nothing had happened and I was fine. Shoulder barely hurt anymore.

One of the guys I work with claims to have a brother who had a bizarre neurological reaction to the vaccine and couldn't sleep at all for several days afterwards. I don't have any way to validate that and don't vouch for it or anything, but one thing I'll say: Covid has been a freakshow of a disease from day one. Of course the vaccine would be a weird one as well, how could anything be normal at this point?
    This is a thread where I built a boat I designed and which I very occasionally update with accounts of using it, which is really fun as long as I'm not driving over logs and blowing up the outboard.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ilding-a-skiff

Quote Originally Posted by Maple Syrup Actual View Post
    Of course the vaccine would be a weird one as well, how could anything be normal at this point?
    Welcome to the new normal. Ain't it grand?
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Maple Syrup Actual View Post
    My experience with Moderna 2: the Rehealthening was identical. For twelve hours I figured it was just another punch in the shoulder and that would be that. 13 hours after getting the shot I went to bed and within minutes was chilled to the bone. I usually sleep in an unheated room with the fan on with a really light blanket, an ability I developed through spending years adding ethanol to my bloodstream. I'm ordinarily impervious to cold. Man, I was just shivering to the bone. Couple of hours later, melting under the covers, then cold, then hot...logged in to work around 6 am, almost no sleep overnight and expecting to feel like death all day. But by around 10 am, it was like nothing had happened and I was fine. Shoulder barely hurt anymore.

One of the guys I work with claims to have a brother who had a bizarre neurological reaction to the vaccine and couldn't sleep at all for several days afterwards. I don't have any way to validate that and don't vouch for it or anything, but one thing I'll say: Covid has been a freakshow of a disease from day one. Of course the vaccine would be a weird one as well, how could anything be normal at this point?
    This was similar to my second dose of the Pfizer shot.

Granted I had just recovered from COVID the week before, so doubtless my immune system thought the job was all done and did not appreciate one bit the suspiciously COVID like proteins my cells were producing. So the ol' immune system decided to slap me for being so cheeky.

I'm apprehensive about getting my booster...but it's been about 9 months since dose two, so it's time to do it.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    This was similar to my second dose of the Pfizer shot.

Granted I had just recovered from COVID the week before, so doubtless my immune system thought the job was all done and did not appreciate one bit the suspiciously COVID like proteins my cells were producing. So the ol' immune system decided to slap me for being so cheeky.

I'm apprehensive about getting my booster...but it's been about 9 months since dose two, so it's time to do it.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

So, if I post "why don't he write?"...how long should I wait?

I'm a bit reluctant to get the booster myself...for reasons mentioned earlier in the thread.

I got the Moderna booster yesterday morning. I feel like I’ve been hit by a truck.

My resting heart rate was 99bpm this morning, but has settled down some.

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    I got the Moderna booster yesterday morning. I feel like I’ve been hit by a truck.

My resting heart rate was 99bpm this morning, but has settled down some.
    That's a serious WTF...

Keep us posted on how you're doing, T.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    That's a serious WTF...

Keep us posted on how you're doing, T.
    I actually feel better than I did after shot #2, but still not great. The chills/fever seem to be over, at least, and have been replaced by a headache.

I didn’t have the racing heartbeat with the other shots, though. I just checked it again and my heart rate is down to 74bpm. Normal for me is upper 60’s.

User Tag List