Page 141 of 185 FirstFirst ... 4191131139140141142143151 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,410 of 1845

Thread: COVID-19 vaccines: medical concerns and recommendations

Quote Originally Posted by Dog Guy View Post
    4RNR, here's a totally not supported by data but just sort of wondering sort of thought: with that much gym work, I wonder if she was overtrained and had chronic low grade inflammation tendencies that set her up for a poor outcome for anything new that spiked the inflammatory response?
    No idea other than it sounds like she likes it. My understanding is she's been going to the gym ever since she she was a kid.

To be more specific he's been working there since early 00s and she was going to the gym back then too. So if not literally from childhood than at least half her life

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by 4RNR; 01-13-2022 at 03:29 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 4RNR View Post
    I get blood work done every so often I can tell you the results but I have no clue what was actually done, which specific tests were run and how much blood was needed per test. Doctor checks off a bunch of things I can't pronounce and wouldn't understand, maybe things like D-dimer and CRP, and later I hand it to the phlebotomist.
    And that is exactly the problem with presenting this information as being relevant to the discussion as a hazard of getting vaccinated.

You don't have the info, expertise, or perspective to classify what precisely you're talking about. But you seem to have no problem being certain of what caused this "thing you can't even pronounce"

I saw a patient the other day who tested positive for COVID, and out of the blue, with no history whatsoever, became acutely psychotic. Hallucinations, suicide attempts...just bizarre. Was it an effect of COVID? I don't know. I don't have nearly enough information. Barely knew the patient. Can't make that call.

Now there's a phrase that's gone out of style. "I don't know."

In times past, people didn't make assertions if they didn't know what they were talking about, but I guess just about everyone and their cat is a medical expert lately so whatever, thanks internet.

Anyways I'm done arguing COVID for a few days now. Not like I want a drinking problem to go along with this fucking pandemic. Have a safe one.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

I’m pretty sure my daughter brought home Omicron this week, we got a call from the school saying she was exposed to someone whom has tested positive (no idea which variant), but the school claimed my daughter was fine because she’s vaccinated and was masked. Now my wife and I have what feels like a cold, but I also have tightness in my chest. I’ll know more tomorrow when I see the doc.
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I’m pretty sure my daughter brought home Omicron this week, we got a call from the school saying she was exposed to someone whom has tested positive (no idea which variant), but the school claimed my daughter was fine because she’s vaccinated and was masked. Now my wife and I have what feels like a cold, but I also have tightness in my chest. I’ll know more tomorrow when I see the doc.
    Well I couldn't really "like" this post, so just wanted to say thinking about ya. Hope that 1) you don't have it, and 2) if you do, it goes by quick!

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    POSITIVE this morning. I feel fine. I was told that there’s a shortage of monoclonals in my state and they’re prioritizing those for unhealthy people with comorbidities and that’s not me, apparently.

I’m on the I-Mask+ protocol as much as I can, plus famtodine. I feel pretty good, like I’ve got a cold, but nothing bad. I want to go cut and split firewood later.
    #RESIST

I don't take it, but I've given famotidine to my dogs over the years (based upon weight) for stomach or excess bile issues. Works great.

Always keep it on hand at home.

Feel better, LL and family.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

I am surprised this isn't getting more attention in the U.S.

Risks of myocarditis, pericarditis, and cardiac arrhythmias associated with COVID-19 vaccination or SARS-CoV-2 infection

Relevant results: In men under 40, rates of myocarditis following the second dose of both Pfizer and Moderna vaccines, and particularly with Moderna, are significantly higher than the rates of myocarditis following infection of SARS-CoV-2. There are reasons to suspect that these results are underestimating the true difference, including the fact that we know the numbers of people vaccinated, but we do not know the number of people infected with COVID. That number is almost certainly much higher than those who tested positive in the study. Of course, that can cut both ways. How many of those infected with COVID who did not test positive also had myocarditis that would have been detected had they gone to the hospital? Given the fact that these people were not sick enough to go to the hospital in the first place, I'd bet that these unknown cases likely swing in the other direction: including them would decrease the known rate of myocarditis from infection compared to what is estimated in the study and increase the difference in rates of myocarditis between vaccination and infection.

This is a decent discussion of the results for those of us who are not fluent in medical researcher-speak: UPDATED DATA: UK Myocarditis Authors Stratify by Sex for Men under 40- Vax vs Virus

This is of course only one specific risk, and there are many more risks from COVID other than myocarditis, pericarditis, and cardiac arrhythmias. On the other hand, I would bet a couple of PF dollars that we are just beginning to understand the risks of the mRNA vaccines. The data is so messy that it will take some time to sort signals from noise (not to mention that there seems to be a religious-like energy to push vaccines in the media and the CDC inexplicably continues to use very poor research to report rates of myocarditis from vaccination). I'm not trying to push an anti-vax narrative. I, my kids, and my dogs, are up to date on all our shots. I am very much in favor of medical interventions that make sense for a given individual.

In any case, these findings are important for otherwise healthy men under 40 who are trying to decide if vaccination and boosters make sense. I am particularly concerned for my healthy boys who are close to heading off to college, many of which are requiring two doses and booster to be on campus...

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    Name:  FA59D095-C281-48B6-920D-2CFE2423A328.jpg
Views: 307
Size:  29.3 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

Quote Originally Posted by entropy View Post
    Name:  FA59D095-C281-48B6-920D-2CFE2423A328.jpg
Views: 307
Size:  29.3 KB
    That’s random.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

User Tag List