Page 137 of 185 FirstFirst ... 3787127135136137138139147 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,370 of 1845

Thread: COVID-19 vaccines: medical concerns and recommendations

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 4RNR View Post
    Between work and family I can probably come up with 200 people that I know of who have gotten covid. All ages, sizes, shapes, sexes. From toddlers to over 80. Even 60+ year old obese cancer patient currently on chemo at the time of infection. One death and one vaccinated (not the same person).

My whole (extended) family got Delta two months ago, at different times. 14 people. The reactions ranged from yea this sucks to laughable. One hospitalized death. Only one person with co morbidities who was vaccinated. Age range for toddler to mid 80s.

From all the people I know who have gotten sick (north of 100 people) my aunt's mother is the only person I know who died. Just over the Thanksgiving time frame.

I used to keep track of this. Keep a journal for my own understanding that was free from news bias. Wrote down everyone's age, sex, physical shape...etc. and reaction to covid. I can list them all off if anyone has a interested.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

I would find that interesting. Thank you.

Sorry to hear about the one death, but I am glad to hear that so many did so well.

This showed up in my mail this morning. I don't really want to discuss the NYT or the validity of the data. It's just there, take it or leave it.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/01/11/b...accinated.html
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    This showed up in my mail this morning. I don't really want to discuss the NYT or the validity of the data. It's just there, take it or leave it.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/01/11/b...accinated.html
    My nose is bleeding. I smacked it on the paywall.

Summary??
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post

Summary??
    Same.

If it’s interesting, I’d appreciate an excerpt.

Site Supporter
    Hospitalized with or hospitalized from? ICU and vent patients typical age?
    I agree that it would be good data science to separate the COVID-caused from the COVID-coincidental.

That said, if the reality was that every single one of those patients was admitted for a reason other than COVID, would you be awestruck at the coincidence?
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Site Supporter
    Hospitalized with or hospitalized from? ICU and vent patients typical age?

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    Don't know the age range.

I wasn't privy to th data collection, but according to the epidemiologist on my unit, these were patients for whom COVID was the admitting diagnosis, not an incidental finding (we swab every non COVID patient every 3 days) or hospital acquired infection.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post

Summary??
    Sorry, I just assumed it was accessible. I don't have a sub to NYT. I guess they think I'm a prospect for one so they send me some content in my email.

The bottom line
    Vaccination remains highly effective at preventing severe Covid illnesses. And Omicron is milder than earlier versions of the virus. The combination means that most Americans — including children and vaccinated adults — face little personal risk from Omicron.

The risk is not zero, to be clear, even among people who are generally healthy. But it is very small. Every day, people live with small risks, be they from the seasonal flu and other illnesses or from riding in a vehicle, playing sports or other activities.

For the unvaccinated, the situation is very different. Omicron is still severe enough that it will lead to debilitating illness and death for many unvaccinated people. In much of the U.S., a large number of adults — including older adults — remain unvaccinated:
    Last edited by Borderland; 01-11-2022 at 04:40 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

I'm experiencing a little bit of blurred vision in my right eye that I noticed on Sunday which I thought was just from being tired. I can definitely notice it now and apparently it could be from the seasonal flu vaccine which I received the same time as the Pfizer booster.

https://www.allaboutvision.com/coron...ffects-vision/

Eye problems connected to other vaccines

While the COVID-19 vaccines have, so far, not caused notable side effects related to vision, vaccines for several other conditions have been linked to eye and vision problems.

Seasonal flu vaccine

In rare cases, some patients who’ve received the flu vaccine experienced mild symptoms like eye redness, eye pain and blurred vision.

Common side effects of the flu vaccine include:

• Soreness, redness or swelling at the injection spot
    • Headache
    • Fever
    • Nausea
    • Muscle aches

Site Supporter
    The bottom line
    Vaccination remains highly effective at preventing severe Covid illnesses. And Omicron is milder than earlier versions of the virus. The combination means that most Americans — including children and vaccinated adults — face little personal risk from Omicron.

The risk is not zero, to be clear, even among people who are generally healthy. But it is very small. Every day, people live with small risks, be they from the seasonal flu and other illnesses or from riding in a vehicle, playing sports or other activities.

For the unvaccinated, the situation is very different. Omicron is still severe enough that it will lead to debilitating illness and death for many unvaccinated people. In much of the U.S., a large number of adults — including older adults — remain unvaccinated:
    Absolutely this....

Thanks for following up with the details.

When you find the guy that posted these two different-timeline charts side by side, please kick them in their reproductive organ and tell them it was from me.

Sorry, I just assumed it was accessible. I don't have a sub to NYT. I guess they think I'm a prospect for one so they send me some content in my email.

Does "fully vaccinated" mean boosted? When I looked at WA state data, it did.

I would stock up on cough drops, assuming you think you will end up with omicron, because a very sore throat was my most significant symptom, and what lingered the longest.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List