Page 185 of 185 FirstFirst ... 85135175183184185
Results 1,841 to 1,845 of 1845

Thread: COVID-19 vaccines: medical concerns and recommendations

My wife and I have had all of COVID vaccinations. 74 and 75. We got the last one in Nov. She had COVID in May of last year after a 3 hour flight. Put her down but she wasn't hospitalized. She recovered in a few weeks.

On to the next pandemic. Candida Auris. This one's a fungus among us.

https://www.kiro7.com/news/local/mor...EP2LIXHXIB5AA/
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    My wife and I have had all of COVID vaccinations. 74 and 75. We got the last one in Nov. She had COVID in May of last year after a 3 hour flight. Put her down but she wasn't hospitalized. She recovered in a few weeks.

On to the next pandemic. Candida Auris. This one's a fungus among us.

https://www.kiro7.com/news/local/mor...EP2LIXHXIB5AA/
    We mostly see these cases coming in from "chronic respiratory care facilities"

Unless you're chronically severely ill and require a ventilator to breathe for you, I wouldn't worry a whole lot about C. Auris if you wash your hands.

I think we're more or less back to worrying about a bad strain of flu or a drug resistant Tuberculosis.

Fun fact I learned in nursing school is that one can be incarcerated as a public health risk if they refuse to comply with the directly observed therapy for Tuberculosis. Never actually seen it happen. Haven't seen a lot of severe TB patients, but the ones that are bad can get very bad and the TB vaccine isn't commonly administered in the US.

There has been something repertory going around here too. I think Im immune (or incredibly lucky) cause it went around the gym I go to and I didnt get anything, and its a small private gym.

Only my dad got vaxxed back in 2020. We all got Delta and all had mild flu symptoms. Last year (on New Years) we all got whatever was the popular variant and the symptoms were a more mild flu. This year no one got anything.

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    Fun fact I learned in nursing school is that one can be incarcerated as a public health risk if they refuse to comply with the directly observed therapy for Tuberculosis. Never actually seen it happen. Haven't seen a lot of severe TB patients, but the ones that are bad can get very bad and the TB vaccine isn't commonly administered in the US.
    Because we have so many migrants coming from areas with TB, it happens once a year or so here. Starts out with a court order to isolate, then if they ignore it the county gets them a motel room with light supervision, and then if they continue to ignore it they get ankle monitoring. Because it is so expensive to keep other inmates safe very rarely do they put someone in jail, although it does happen in extreme cases ( https://www.cbsnews.com/news/tubercu...rnia-arrested/ ).

Then there was the alcoholic meth addict who refused to take TB meds because he was afraid they would hurt his liver: https://apnews.com/article/health-10...cd1410a01d088a

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post

Pretty sure this is the reason most bigger cities in the NE have laws against spitting in public on the books. Not enforced these days, but still there.
    "It was the fuck aroundest of times, it was the find outest of times."- 45dotACP

User Tag List