Page 13 of 185 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

Thread: COVID-19 vaccines: medical concerns and recommendations

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    It is interesting that she has a BS in biology went searching for information on vaccine safety and somehow landed on Brett Weinstein’s website. That would be like someone with a BA in history wanting to learn about 9/11 and settling on InfoWars as an authority. It usually takes a little effort to get that far into the bullshit. You know what I’m saying?
    To quote my grandfather, a little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing.

Delta Busta Kappa fratboy Hot Sauce's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    and think that everyone else should get vaccinated also (with those under 22 staying away from mRNA vaccines and taking one of the other options).
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Sauce View Post
    ???
    Lest it be misunderstood what I was asking, @luckyman why would a 21 year old want to avoid mRNA vaccines?
    Gaming will get you killed in the streets. Dueling will get you killed in the fields.
    -Alexander Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Sauce View Post
    Lest it be misunderstood what I was asking, @luckyman why would a 21 year old want to avoid mRNA vaccines?
    I believe lucky man might be going by what YVK (MD) said somewhere around here that he might recommend J&J for younger individuals due to a lower risk of adverse events. I may be butchering what he (YVK) said though and am on mobile, making it harder to find the quote.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk View Post
    I believe lucky man might be going by what YVK (MD) said somewhere around here that he might recommend J&J for younger individuals due to a lower risk of adverse events. I may be butchering what he (YVK) said though and am on mobile, making it harder to find the quote.
    Yep that was it. Mind you, by happenstance everyone close to me is either over 25 or younger than 13, so I didn’t analyze it super close. But I like YVK’s analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by Bio View Post
    You're definitely right in that is is hard. It's so easy to come across single articles that seem entirely reasonable, but with more information are revealed to be extremely misleading. The only answer I have is that you have to look at consensus. The scientific process in the western world is unfortunately contaminated with culture, emotion, and politics, but it is still probably the best its been in most of history. It isn't perfect, but it is pretty damn good at finding answers to things. If the vast majority of scientists doing work on a proboem think one thing, there's a good chance that they're going in the right direction. Scientists are not prone to agreeing with colleagues just because.

Read a lot of articles from a lot of sources, do your best to learn the science and ask experts you can trust. It's a crummy answer, but it's akin to the question "what handgun do I buy to make consistent 25 yard hits?" when the answer is education, training, and ammo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    I first became aware of her when she hooked up with America’s Frontline Doctors which is the group that included that crazy, alien DNA doctor named Stella Immanuel (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stella_Immanuel). Their founder’s past times also include storming the Capital. Most of us ignored Tess Lawrie until a couple of months ago when she started claiming that the covid vaccines were dangerous and shouldn’t be used in humans.

Tess Lawrie aside, my question to members of this forum is why would anyone trust anything that comes out of Brett Weinstein’s mouth. Keep in mind that this is a guy who is a liberal Democrat and became famous when the nuts at Evergreen State ran him out of the asylum for being too white. Those students were his own Frankenstein’s monster that he helped to create, but nobody cares about that. Apparently, being not radical enough for Evergreen State is enough street creds in conservative circles as long as he backs their anti-vax conspiracies.
    As I have mentioned before, the "far left" Naked Capitalism is full of doublethink on covid, and quick to push "alternative" narratives.

Many right and left sites spew the same garbage these days. Basic doubt of scientific research and modern medicine seems to be the goal. The central technique: keep raising questions, with no serious attempt to answer any of the factual claims they raise.

My basic rule of thumb has served me well: is someone pushing a miracle cure ("the results are so good, doing a double-blind study would be murder!"--Critical Care of Covid-19 folks on their refusal to do good science)?

Then they are lying or mistaken. There is a reason why we don't use individual clinical experience as the primary guide to determining what works in medicine. It doesn't work at all. Bloodletting was a "proven" treatment for anemia at one time.
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    I knew a guy in college who never should have read a chart that showed the bioavailablity of cocaine by various routes. He was real impressed by the "100%" of IV use.
    NO EXCEPTIONS

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldanders View Post
    I knew a guy in college who never should have read a chart that showed the bioavailablity of cocaine by various routes. He was real impressed by the "100%" of IV use.
    Ha, well the bioavailability of effective all drugs is 100% by IV, glad he stopped at cocaine :P

Site Supporter
    Covid-19 immunity wanes, but third shot still rarely needed, BioNTech CEO says

(emphasis mine)

But even as antibody levels are dropping seven months after immunization among some vaccine recipients, most of them will remain protected against severe disease and might not yet need a third dose, according to Ugur Sahin, CEO of the German company that invented the vaccine and partnered with Pfizer to develop the product for the global market.

"The antibody titers are going down," Sahin said, referring to the unit of measurement for antibodies against the virus. "The vaccine protection against the new variant is considerably lower."

Sahin made the comments after preliminary data emerged from Israel showing that people who had received the shot in January were three times more likely to get infected than those who were vaccinated in May.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To

Too much knowledge on the other hand, combined with the wrong personality, even more so.

I’ve always believed that upper academia was populated by quite a few borderline (if not beyond) sociopaths.

One should always be careful who we hitch our wagons to.
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

Ha, well the bioavailability of effective all drugs is 100% by IV, glad he stopped at cocaine :P
    Oh, he got adventurous when he couldn't score blow one night and stuck the hypo in a shot glass of whiskey and pulled up a few mLs and fired it up.

Based on my conversations with a grad student who was getting off an IV heroin habit, I would say the pleasurable associations with injection become very powerful. She also used to look at my pale forearms and big visible veins with envy.
    NO EXCEPTIONS

User Tag List