Page 5 of 185 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: COVID-19 vaccines: medical concerns and recommendations

Quote Originally Posted by peterb View Post
    From CDC: 5,500 reported breakthrough infections of vaccinated people resulting in hospitalization or death from a population of 159 million fully vaccinated people.
    https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-1...ugh-cases.html
    Publicly available state-level data has been showing about 15% of all recent new cases are breakthroughs. Those are test positives, not hospitalized or deaths.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanch View Post
    The reason it's not ironic is because the information I'm saying about the vaccine being a bad gamble for younger folks is readily available on the CDC website. And young people should go there, look at the numbers themselves, and make the decision. The numbers change over time and I last looked 6 weeks ago, and if you see the number of deaths and problems with the vaccine, as a percentage of people who received the vaccine, you'll see that that percentage, while very low, was similar to the death and hospitalization rate for COVID within that age range.

It was something like 0.0002% of people will have a bad vaccine reaction And 0.0001% of people under 20 will die or hospitalized from COVID. The vaccine bad outcome rate was marginally higher when I looked last. And I'm just some anonymous dude or dudette on the internet. Anyone who cares should look at the numbers themselves on the CDC website to decide and not trust me. I'm merely suggesting that the numbers are worth looking at, and that they do exist.

Compare that to the nonsense numbers the government is putting out about what percentage of people hospitalized have been vaccinated, and they aren't giving the full picture.

What if I told you that only 1% of people hospitalized with COVID in Chicago are Mormon. Does being a part of the LDS church reduce your chance of getting COVID?

Or would you want to know what percentage of the population of Chicago is a member of the LDS church? Because maybe only 1% of Chicago is Mormon, and therefore you'd say there's no connection.
    A couple of points that I believe may undermine your analysis. First, the original trials of the mRNA vaccine boasted a whopping 0.3% serious adverse outcome rates. While that may seem shockingly high, it was identical to placebo - yes, a saline injection had a 0.2% serious adverse event rate. That is because the studies are required to go overboard in describing adverse events to the point that a case of appendicitis was logged as a vaccine serious adverse event. The CDC is doing the same now.

Second, you are comparing unequal outcomes. A serious vaccine event that rarely if ever results in death or permanent organ dysfunction is nothing comparable to a disease that uncommonly but significantly results in death or permanent organ dysfunction. For example, the are still 10 patients in my ICU with severe COVID; 5 are on CRRT, 3 are on ECMO, and 2 are college age. There are 2 kids in our PICU with COVID or lingering COVID complications. There are no cases, not one, in my hospital for a serious adverse vaccine reaction. I do not know an intensivist who can say they have managed a significant number of vaccine complications despite us vaccinating 162 million people. On the other hand, every intensivist that I know has taken care of a few early twenty cases.

Bottomline, we have immunized half the population. Where the fuck are all these serious vaccine reactions? If they exist, they ain’t coming to my ICU or any of my colleague’s shops.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Yung View Post

Here’s a data scientist that works for the WHO showing the effect of removing this study from the meta analysis in real-time. The prophylactic benefit seems to remain. There are several references to this Guardian article as well. Worth a listen.

https://odysee.com/@BretWeinstein:f/TessLawrie:0

Quote Originally Posted by Jakus View Post
    Here’s a data scientist that works for the WHO showing the effect of removing this study from the meta analysis in real-time. The prophylactic benefit seems to remain. There are several references to this Guardian article as well. Worth a listen.

https://odysee.com/@BretWeinstein:f/TessLawrie:0
    Ah, Brett is now digging up ol’ Tess Lawrie. And it looks like she is back at her old tricks of trying to turn non-peer reviewed garbage into a bullshit meta-analysis.

Here’s the deal, Tess and some of her pals pooled together a bunch of published and non-peer reviewed data to create a bullshit meta-analysis. The problem with a meta-analysis is that it’s only as strong as the studies behind it. Well, all of the high-quality studies of ivermectin suggest no benefit, and only the smaller studies or ones with methodological concerns suggest a small benefit. Of course, an unscrupulous scientist can skew the impact of the weaker studies by ignoring their bias. It is a big clue that the drug probably doesn’t work when the well conducted studies show no benefit. However, that is not the real reason for why it’s bullshit - that comes from the fact that they falsified their conflict of interest statement by claiming they had no competing interests. In reality, all of the authors are members of a European ivermectin interest group called BIRD that is dedicated to spreading ivermectin around the globe as if it were Mormonism or some shit. Yeah, it’s kind of important when the scientists studying a drug are members of the drug’s cult. However, that’s not a problem for journals that nobody reads like The American Journal of Therapeutics (Impact Factor of 2.6) that is willing to publish this garbage.

If you want a meta-analysis of ivermectin and covid, then here: https://academic.oup.com/cid/advance...iab591/6310839
    This on come from Clinical Infectious Disease (Impact Factor of 8.3)
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    Bottomline, we have immunized half the population. Where the fuck are all these serious vaccine reactions? If they exist, they ain’t coming to my ICU or any of my colleague’s shops.
    Ah, Brett is now digging up ol’ Tess Lawrie. And it looks like she is back at her old tricks of trying to turn non-peer reviewed garbage into a bullshit meta-analysis.

In reality, all of the authors are members of a European ivermectin interest group called BIRD that is dedicated to spreading ivermectin around the globe as if it were Mormonism or some shit. Yeah, it’s kind of important when the scientists studying a drug are members of the drug’s cult.
    Thank you very much for sharing your expertise and experience. There is so much bullshit and ignorance out there, and it's great to have our own acessible SMEs here.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

I have a friend who is totally convinced the Janssen vaccine caused his near total sudden loss of hearing in his left ear, 4 months after taking it. He's ignoring his Type II diabetes, quadruple bypass done AFTER he was vaccinated, and the severe ear infection he had just before he lost his hearing. I had a not so sudden loss of hearing in my right ear and his near meltdown over his hearing issues is kind of, well, over the top, IMHO. So far he's had a totally normal MRI and is going to get a post drilled into his skull with a magnet in it to attach a hearing aid. He's terrified to shoot anymore, scared he will lose his right ear's hearing. How he thinks the hearing protection he's been using for 40 years will suddenly fail is a question he can't answer. He's lost 20 pounds since the hearing loss started and he looks like a cancer patient, and admits he was a sobbing mess over the whole thing last week. I don't get it.

On the dope front, a guy I used to work with 40 years ago died after 2 weeks in the ICU of Covid. He was 65 and before he got it, he was in pretty much perfect health. He believed every crazy conspiracy theory about the vaccines and refused to get any of them, and he paid the price. His 3 kids, 8 teenaged/college aged grandkids, and his wife all got the shots, and none of them had any issues and when a couple of them got Covid, it was no big deal, a few days and all was well. He's in an urn on the mantle. His wife oddly predicted if he got it, it would be bad. He was a fun guy 40 years ago, but about the time of 911, he started believing in nonsensical conspiracies and seemed to ignore basic science and rejected common sense. His emails had gotten so out there the last couple of years, mutual friends and I would forward them to each other with snarky comments. We never thought his buying into the "tales" would cost him...everything.

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    . For example, the are still 10 patients in my ICU with severe COVID; 5 are on CRRT, 3 are on ECMO, and 2 are college age. There are 2 kids in our PICU with COVID or lingering COVID complications. There are no cases, not one, in my hospital for a serious adverse vaccine reaction. I do not know an intensivist who can say they have managed a significant number of vaccine complications despite us vaccinating 162 million people. On the other hand, every intensivist that I know has taken care of a few early twenty cases.
    That's some pretty good direct observational evidence there IMO.
    This is a thread where I built a boat I designed and which I very occasionally update with accounts of using it, which is really fun as long as I'm not driving over logs and blowing up the outboard.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ilding-a-skiff

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    Thank you very much for sharing your expertise and experience. There is so much bullshit and ignorance out there, and it's great to have our own acessible SMEs here.
    I couldn't agree more. This has been very important for me and I truly appreciate the medical professionals who have taken the time to share information here.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    I couldn't agree more. This has been very important for me and I truly appreciate the medical professionals who have taken the time to share information here.
    Seconding both you and @Hambo. This place and the big C19 thread kept me sane over the course of the pandemic. Best filter of info for the lay person on the ‘net, and it was right here the whole time, next to the meme thread.

Mods are still shit though.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    Seconding both you and @Hambo. This place and the big C19 thread kept me sane over the course of the pandemic. Best filter of info for the lay person on the ‘net, and it was right here the whole time, next to the meme thread.

Mods are still shit though.
    I would like to 3rd this.

I changed my mind about getting vaccinated based on recommendations here and I convinced 4 other people that I work with (that likely would not have gotten it) to get it as well, based on what I read here.

I greatly appreciate it.

User Tag List