Page 64 of 185 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674114164 ... LastLast

Thread: COVID-19 vaccines: medical concerns and recommendations

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by peterb View Post
    Article on breakthrough infections and “long covid”. More questions than answers.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...and-long-covid

Having years of chronic medical issues worries me more than dying.
    The feature person's "long Covid" sounds like something unrelated that came up in near timing to Covid and now Covid is being blamed. I expect so see a lot of this in the future in the place of "chronic fatigue" "Lyme disease" etc. Not to say that those don't exist, just that there are a lot of people who don't generally feel good with unexplainable symptoms that are attributed to unprovable diseases.

This sounds weird to me but I don't know anywhere near enough to comment. It would be great if our medical guys could have a look at this article: Drugs that mimic effects of cigarette smoke reduce SARS-CoV-2's ability to enter cells
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Student
    Trials in progress for ritonavir, a pill treatment for patients with covid who do not need to be hospitalized.
    https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT04960202

This is a nearly useless bit of info but maybe people have friends or family in parts of the world where western vaccines aren't available.
    Sample size of one 75 year old man, IgG titers one month after full Pfizer deal are exactly the same as they were one month after Sputnik that he got in April.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Site Supporter
    Long COVID is definitely a thing. Gotta pay attention to details though. Here I think it is persistence of symptoms greater than 30 days following resolution of acute disease. European definition is something like 120 days. We'll have more questions than answers for years, and the government will throw a good bit of money at it.

I need to read more about metabolism, but there's only so much time. Immune activation forces a lot of metabolic changes in the responding cells. Sometimes I think they don't get back to the correct homeostasis following resolution of the immune response, and then funk like this happens.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    The feature person's "long Covid" sounds like something unrelated that came up in near timing to Covid and now Covid is being blamed. I expect so see a lot of this in the future in the place of "chronic fatigue" "Lyme disease" etc. Not to say that those don't exist, just that there are a lot of people who don't generally feel good with unexplainable symptoms that are attributed to unprovable diseases.
    I got COVID for my 30th birthday and ever since, I've been trying to figure out if my issue of not remembering stuff as well as I did before is because I'm now past 30 or because of post COVID fatigue lol

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    I got COVID for my 30th birthday and ever since, I've been trying to figure out if my issue of not remembering stuff as well as I did before is because I'm now past 30 or because of post COVID fatigue lol

Past 30? Oh, child - just wait…
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Past 30? Oh, child - just wait…
    Yeah, not to be the bearer of bad news, but…

”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post

Anecdote =/= data, but I've got a family member , retirement age male, who contracted a pretty early case here in NYC. His previously not great memory went totally bye bye. Like a sieve now.

Site Supporter
    Mentioned before talking to an Bosnian vet who got it and had mental fog for months. Still has some of it. Maybe he forgot to take his dewormer? I am a touch concerned about the seemingly political wars between CDC and FDA about who is the best scientist. I'm of the view of trying to get ahead of the curve with boosters, not to wait for a surprise that we do need them. If the shots don't hurt you, take the precaution.

User Tag List