Page 58 of 185 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108158 ... LastLast

Thread: COVID-19 vaccines: medical concerns and recommendations

My wife and I were in for our physicals yesterday. We have a great internal medicine guy in Bozeman who has always been very thoughtful, and we have been seeing for ten years.

We received the J&J shot back in April. While he is pro vaccine, his advice now was to wait for more data and clarity before doing a booster.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    My wife and I were in for our physicals yesterday. We have a great internal medicine guy in Bozeman who has always been very thoughtful, and we have been seeing for ten years.

We received the J&J shot back in April. While he is pro vaccine, his advice now was to wait for more data and clarity before doing a booster.
    Best I can tell there isn’t a right answer yet. One of my best friends is a cardiologist. He was over for a drink Monday. He’d just gotten his third Pfizer last week and suggested it wouldn’t be a bad idea if my wife and I got them (mixed marriage - she’s a Pfizer, I’m a Moderna). You just have to identify as immunocompromised.

Absent countervailing information between now and then, I plan to do this on the next Friday when I don’t have to accomplish anything on the Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanye Wyoming View Post
    Best I can tell there isn’t a right answer yet. One of my best friends is a cardiologist. He was over for a drink Monday. He’d just gotten his third Pfizer last week and suggested it wouldn’t be a bad idea if my wife and I got them (mixed marriage - she’s a Pfizer, I’m a Moderna). You just have to identify as immunocompromised.

Absent countervailing information between now and then, I plan to do this on the next Friday when I don’t have to accomplish anything on the Saturday.
    I think what is clear, is that it is not clear, and folks are making choices based on their own situation and perception of risk/reward. WaPo article today on this topic:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...dce_story.html

Just had a breakthrough case in our office, one of our nurse practitioners. Vax back in Dec/Jan.

She's young and fit so she will probably do fine.

Of course this has further messed up our schedules and creating more stress. Our hospital and ICU #s continue to be at peak since this all started. Not going anywhere and may even go higher after Labor day. Out of 46 patients on our ICU service, 33 are covid and 97% are unvax.

If it were me, and I had only the J&J vaccine, I would do whatever it takes to get a mRNA vaccine ASAP.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    If it were me, and I had only the J&J vaccine, I would do whatever it takes to get a mRNA vaccine ASAP.
    A factor is my wife and I almost surely had Covid in March 2020, and between that, our health status, and little data on the interplay between J&J and the others, we and our physician are in the want more info camp before deciding whether to get a booster and which one.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I think everyone has to be honest with themselves where they are in their lives as far as age and health goes before running out and getting extra shots.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

COVID-19 vaccines: medical concerns and recommendations

Quote Originally Posted by 4RNR View Post
    I think everyone has to be honest with themselves where they are in their lives as far as age and health goes before running out and getting extra shots.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    Absolutely. I’m basing my decisions on what data I’ve read and the expert advice I have access to. Of course, that’s just me, and I wouldn’t make recommendations to others.

I have two doses of Moderna, and won’t be getting a booster right now.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post
    Just had a breakthrough case in our office, one of our nurse practitioners. Vax back in Dec/Jan.

She's young and fit so she will probably do fine.

Of course this has further messed up our schedules and creating more stress. Our hospital and ICU #s continue to be at peak since this all started. Not going anywhere and may even go higher after Labor day. Out of 46 patients on our ICU service, 33 are covid and 97% are unvax.
    We were told in a staff meeting this morning that in our hospital system (pretty large one in my state), we have the same 97% of our ICU covid patients are unvaccinated. The hospitalized non-icu covid patients are about 93% unvaccinated.

The interesting thing is of our employees that are currently quarantined, half are vaccinated. No info on how many of those are asymptomatic or the circumstances of them being tested and found positive.

Quote Originally Posted by Balisong View Post
    We were told in a staff meeting this morning that in our hospital system (pretty large one in my state), we have the same 97% of our ICU covid patients are unvaccinated. The hospitalized non-icu covid patients are about 93% unvaccinated.

The interesting thing is of our employees that are currently quarantined, half are vaccinated. No info on how many of those are asymptomatic or the circumstances of them being tested and found positive.
    This data is all over the map.. Anchorage, AK hospitals, as of last week were 76% unvax'd, 24% vax'd for COVID hospitalizations. 18% of ICU beds were vax'd.

User Tag List