Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pocket holster for a J frame?

Pocket holster for a J frame?

I know previously I mentioned ankle holsters but now I was also thinking of a pocket holster (for the times I am out of work and want the gun to be a little more accessible). I have tried a few pocket holsters in the past, namely the desantis and a FIST kydex 5.

I am leaning towards a kydex pocket holster but not sure who else besides FIST makes a quality one, leather is a possibility.

so what do you carry in and how do you like it?
    Chemist.

Have you checked out this thread? Lots of good information there.

edited to add: I see you were the last poster in that thread....

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Cunningham View Post
    Have you checked out this thread? Lots of good information there.

edited to add: I see you were the last poster in that thread....
    After reading four pages the only thing that stuck out to me was the rabbit haha.
    Chemist.

I think besides the rabbit I mentioned a DeSantis Nemesis for my LCR. They make them for J-Frames as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Cunningham View Post
    I think besides the rabbit I mentioned a DeSantis Nemesis for my LCR. They make them for J-Frames as well.
    I tried the nemesis when I had an LCR, it worked well for a couple months but after it wasn't staying in my pocket after the draw.

so far I saw Kramer and Mika, any thoughts on those?
    Chemist.

I use two, a Mitch Rosen Pocket Softy and an Uncle Mikes Pocket Holster. The Rosen is around $120, the Uncle Mikes about $12. The Rosen is unquestionable a better holster, but I really don't think it's 10x better.
    Honestly, I didn't buy the Rosen and if I needed a pocket holster and was paying for it out of my own... "pocket" I'd buy the Uncle Mike's.

Raven Concealment makes a kydex pocket holster but I don't have first-hand experience with it.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    I'll give my strong recommendation to the Nemesis. I've been carrying my J frame in one since they came out. I've never had a problem with the holster leaving the pocket, but that may be a result of my draw technique.

Desantis also makes an similar holster with a more aggressively grippy texture on the outside. The name eludes me.

I like the Uncle Mike's pocket holster with my 642. I've got some others, but that is the one that I always seem to go back to.
    "PLAN FOR YOUR TRAINING TO BE A REFLECTION OF REAL LIFE INSTEAD OF HOPING THAT REAL LIFE WILL BE A REFLECTION OF YOUR TRAINING!"

I've used the Nemesis and the Uncle Mikes. I found the Nemesis tended to hold the pistol in one spot better than the UM, and it stayed put pretty well during the draw. With the UM, I wrapped some loose fitting rubber bands around the holster to help it stay in the pocket better. The UM was for me, more comfortable in the pocket but this was due to where it positioned the pistol.

User Tag List