Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Introductions

What do you have to do to be able to post around here. This is getting to be pretty shitty.
    Placed 8th in the 1998 Independence Elementary School Bee and multiple time fire ant bite survivor.
    Guns- LTT Beretta 92 Elite, LTT Beretta 92c w/SRO, Beretta 80X, HK P30, HK P30sk, P365xl, Beretta 1301 comp, DDM4V7P, and some poverty pieces too.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto9 View Post
    What do you have to do to be able to post around here. This is getting to be pretty shitty.
    The struggle is real. Especially when the forum manually approves each account due to spammers/scammers and the forum owner was attending a firearms training class
    #RESIST

Welcome to Pistol-Forum, @WilsonCQB1911. Don't be a lurker anymore...

Quote Originally Posted by WilsonCQB1911 View Post
    I'm a long time lurker but registered just to post for this.

Mas Ayoob appears to be a fan of this loading. In his recent articles and gun tests he will allude to carrying this load. In previous articles he has mentioned that it has a good reputation on the street. My understanding is that it does not do well in geo tests however.

I laid in a decent stash of this years ago and it's my go to in my fullsize 9mm 1911. The steel frame can handle it just fine. In that gun the recoil difference is not noticeable nor is an increase in blast, probably because it's a longer barrel at 5".

I would load it and carry it with confidence. Once you use it all up years later (I may never in my lifetime) switch to whatever is the latest. However I wouldn't spend any time worrying about it.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Welcome to Pistol-Forum, @WilsonCQB1911. Don't be a lurker anymore...

Ha! Thanks!

@1More, welcome to P-F! Your first posts are a great contribution. Looking forward to hearing more from you.

Quote Originally Posted by 1More View Post
    I have the CGW Omega trigger on my P07; like Clusterfrack and others, I run it without the over travel screw. I greatly prefer the converted CZ85 profile trigger over any other. The break is in a much better spot for me. Also, I have smoother trigger control in DA with this. Now here’s the punchline; my P07 is an old duty model (gen1). I had tried both the original and the Gen2 triggers. The Gen2 trigger didn’t work (broke too far to the rear, rested too far forward) due to subtle differences between the Duty models and their successors. The original trigger was ok, but the Omega trigger was substantially better; as in ‘I would have paid more’ better.
    For anyone with a Duty model, these are some changes that have kept (or restored) reliability and viability: Gen2 trigger bar, Gen 2 extractor (much better than the original Duty extractor), CGW extended mag release (allows mags to fall free despite the frame flex problem on Duty models), CGW roll pin, CGW sear pin, Gen2 sear, CGW disconnector, CGW Hammer, CGW lifter arm, cut stair no-slip tape for the grips. Clusterfrack’s tip about putting a little grease in the sear spring hole is a good one.

Hello. I’ve lurked and learned a lot on here so decided to make an account. Thanks.

Hi, I'm The Rat. You might remember me from such threads as the Lightfighter AK thread, and the Lightfighter AUG thread. Former 11B/contractor, current filthy casual IDPA/3gun shooter.

Hi y'all. I use to be on here years ago but guess that went away with an old email address and not coming around. I always like this forum so I'm back.

Hello

Have been a pistol forum reader for a while and really appreciate the content, so thought it was time to join!

Quote Originally Posted by Schmidtshow View Post
    Have been a pistol forum reader for a while and really appreciate the content, so thought it was time to join!
    Welcome to P-F @Schmidtshow! Glad to have you here, buddy.
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 09-12-2022 at 10:26 AM.

User Tag List