Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Introductions

Any friend of Clusterfrack's is someone to be leery of.

Welcome.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

I've hesitated to do the introduction. It has been my experience that stating my background rarely nets me a positive result in dealing with the general public. It's a mixture of people thinking I'm crazy or just being disgusted with me for my former profession.

I am a former CIA Operations Officer. When I left I went through the process of being able to say that, so I'm not breaking any rules or talking out of school. What does that have to do with firearms and tactics? Only a little. It's not a combat organization. If you are getting into fights for your life you're doing something very wrong. We do get some cool training though that many could only dream of.

I had a lot of good experiences. Rescued a dog from the middle east that traveled with me everywhere and is still kicking. I don't miss it but it has it's moments.

I have been a firearms enthusiast for decades and the gun community is my tribe.

Quote Originally Posted by WilsonCQB1911 View Post
    I've hesitated to do the introduction. It has been my experience that stating my background rarely nets me a positive result in dealing with the general public. It's a mixture of people thinking I'm crazy or just being disgusted with me for my former profession.

I am a former CIA Operations Officer. When I left I went through the process of being able to say that, so I'm not breaking any rules or talking out of school. What does that have to do with firearms and tactics? Only a little. It's not a combat organization. If you are getting into fights for your life you're doing something very wrong. We do get some cool training though that many could only dream of.

I had a lot of good experiences. Rescued a dog from the middle east that traveled with me everywhere and is still kicking. I don't miss it but it has it's moments.

I have been a firearms enthusiast for decades and the gun community is my tribe.
    Welcome to the forum.

I've had experiences, both good and bad with your former outfit. (I can say the same of my own agency.)

They helped me out during an investigation I was conducting in South America...and were once the subject of my investigation on a matter that originated in South America.

In any case, you'll find that most of us judge, and are judged by how we participate here. I think you'll find us a pretty fair lot.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Welcome to the forum.

I've had experiences, both good and bad with your former outfit. (I can say the same of my own agency.)

They helped me out during an investigation I was conducting in South America...and were once the subject of my investigation on a matter that originated in South America.

In any case, you'll find that most of us judge, and are judged by how we participate here. I think you'll find us a pretty fair lot.
    DEA or FBI?

DEA or FBI?
    U.S. Customs (special agent)...but assigned to the Florida Joint Task Group, (Customs / DEA), for four years in the first instance involving narcotics trafficking...and the other in one of our own groups investigating illegal arms exports and defense trade violations.

Interesting times.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    U.S. Customs (special agent)...but assigned to the Florida Joint Task Group, (Customs / DEA), for four years in the first instance involving narcotics trafficking...and the other in one of our own groups investigating illegal arms exports and defense trade violations.

Interesting times.
    I worked JTTF for my last assignment. My only domestic tour. I liked the CBP folks a lot. Good group in my experience.

I worked JTTF for my last assignment. My only domestic tour. I liked the CBP folks a lot. Good group in my experience.
    Most of my years on the job preceded the folding of legacy U.S. Customs into Homeland Security in 2003.

Another noob...

Hi all, I'm a new forum member and also a new shooter and firearms owner. I live in the wonderfully restrictive State of California. I've only shot a few times at ranges with friends who are active and retired LEs. This said, I have a lot to learn. I have a lot of questions and look forward to your wisdom.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    The struggle is real. Especially when the forum manually approves each account due to spammers/scammers and the forum owner was attending a firearms training class
    Well I feel a touch like an asshole now. Just a touch.
    Placed 8th in the 1998 Independence Elementary School Bee and multiple time fire ant bite survivor.
    Guns- LTT Beretta 92 Elite, LTT Beretta 92c w/SRO, Beretta 80X, HK P30, HK P30sk, P365xl, Beretta 1301 comp, DDM4V7P, and some poverty pieces too.

Quote Originally Posted by LowAndLeft View Post
    Hi all, I'm a new forum member and also a new shooter and firearms owner. I live in the wonderfully restrictive State of California. I've only shot a few times at ranges with friends who are active and retired LEs. This said, I have a lot to learn. I have a lot of questions and look forward to your wisdom.
    A bit late but ... Welcome to Pistol-Forum! We're glad you are here.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

User Tag List