Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Least expensive Glock 19 Gen 4 barrel?

Least expensive Glock 19 Gen 4 barrel?

Any leads on where to get the cheapest G19 Gen 4 barrel, preferably extended (threaded or not), would be greatly appreciated.

Accuracy is unimportant, as it will be for a dedicated dry fire gun. I will plug the chamber with epoxy, so it can't chamber a round, and I'll paint the exterior of the chamber, and the end of the barrel, bright orange or yellow.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Site Supporter
    How does 21.99 sound for a 3d printed plastic barrel? Or do you want steel for the weight.

https://cpwsa.com/glock-specific-par...ng-barrel.html
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Blade Tech used to have those orange plastic safety barrels. They might still be selling them. Don’t have one but many of my friends do and they seem happy with the product.

Thanks, but unfortunately plastic barrels won't work for what I'm trying to do. I have one of the Blade-Tech barrels that I'm using now, but a friend gave me one of these yesterday:
    https://store.laser-ammo.com/accesso...-triggers.html

It won't work with the plastic barrels.

I was quite surprised but the generous gift, and it was a bit ironic as I'd just posted about this a few days before it was given to me, as a possible alternative to the Dry Fire Mag. Now that I've got it, I plan to compare to the Dry Fire Mag. I've been quite pleased with the Dry Fire Mag, but reload drills can't be done with it.

Quote Originally Posted by DMF13 View Post
    Thanks, but unfortunately plastic barrels won't work for what I'm trying to do. I have one of the Blade-Tech barrels that I'm using now, but a friend gave me one of these yesterday:
    https://store.laser-ammo.com/accesso...-triggers.html

It won't work with the plastic barrels.

I was quite surprised but the generous gift, and it was a bit ironic as I'd just posted about this a few days before it was given to me, as a possible alternative to the Dry Fire Mag. Now that I've got it, I plan to compare to the Dry Fire Mag. I've been quite pleased with the Dry Fire Mag, but reload drills can't be done with it.
    What prevent it working with the plastic barrels? Not doubting you, just technically curious.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    What prevent it working with the plastic barrels? Not doubting you, just technically curious.
    I believe the plastic barrels are solid, with no chamber. Otherwise Cleetus would load one with a real bullit and blow himself up reeel good.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    I have no idea, but I installed it today, and it wouldn't work at all. If it reset the pull was very heavy (10# or more), and rough, but most of the time it just wouldn't reset. Out of curiosity I dropped the factory barrel in there, and it worked.

I will say my early impression is its not anywhere near as good as the actual Glock 17R, or the DFM. I'm going to try a 3.5# connector, and maybe a NY1 spring, and see if that improves things. If I can't get improvement in the feel of the trigger, I may go back to using the DFM.
    Last edited by DMF13; 07-15-2021 at 12:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    I believe the plastic barrels are solid, with no chamber. Otherwise Cleetus would load one with a real bullit and blow himself up reeel good.
    I think he's asking why the resetting trigger wouldn't work with the plastic barrel.

My Blade-Tech training barrel is totally incapable of allowing a 9mm round to chamber, which is why I got it for my dry fire gun.
    Last edited by DMF13; 07-15-2021 at 12:54 AM.

Site Supporter
    I have a couple of barrels from these guys:
    http://www.combatarmory.com/combat-a...rrel-threaded/

The price has gone up, they were available for less than $35 when I bought the last one in 2019. In my Polymer80 build, they've been as accurate as I'm able to shoot, so I have no complaints. They're also 100% reliable function-wise.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    I have a couple of barrels from these guys:
    http://www.combatarmory.com/combat-a...rrel-threaded/

The price has gone up, they were available for less than $35 when I bought the last one in 2019. In my Polymer80 build, they've been as accurate as I'm able to shoot, so I have no complaints. They're also 100% reliable function-wise.

Chris
    Thanks, that's much less expensive than other ones I've found.

User Tag List