Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Claude Werner 5 hat 5 drill?

Claude Werner 5 hat 5 drill?

I heard him mention this during his last visit on Ballistic Radio. At least I think that's what he called it but my friend Mr Google can't seem to find it anywhere and I didn't see anything about it on his website.

Did I hear the name wrong or does anyone know what it is? I just remember him saying it seems like a very simple drill but he and other instructors were surprised at how hard of a time "regular" students had with it. Maybe it was 5 shots at 5yd in 5 seconds? Or 5 shots in a 5" circle at 5yd in 5 seconds?

Thanks!
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Site Supporter
    It's five shots in five seconds at five yards into a five-inch circle, done five times with no misses.

Thanks! Now I need to make up some targets to try next time at the range!

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Another Claude-ism is to use an old CD or DVD and a can of spray paint to make the targets. He also uses a sixth target to verify zero.
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

Site Supporter
    5x5-drill-1.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    Well, hot diggity then! Thanks!

"The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Thanks everyone, I guess there was an audio glitch and he said 5x5 instead of what thought I heard.

Thanks everyone, I guess there was an audio glitch and he said 5x5 instead of what thought I heard.
    Maybe you heard 5 caret 5? If I understand correctly, Werner's version of the drill is not called the 5x5, it's the 5^5. https://www.usacarry.com/shooting-claude-werners-55/
    O judgment! Thou art fled to brutish beasts, And men have lost their reason.

Nope, I heard the same interview and I'm pretty darn sure I heard him say "five hat five." Either way, we're all talking about the same drill here in this thread.
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

User Tag List