Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Widespread Riots in South Africa

Delta Busta Kappa fratboy Hot Sauce's Avatar
    If the police and troops are making what look like pretty minimal efforts to take on the unarmed mob, I wonder how willing they will be to start gun battles with citizen self-defense groups.
    Gaming will get you killed in the streets. Dueling will get you killed in the fields.
    -Alexander Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Sauce View Post
    If the police and troops are making what look like pretty minimal efforts to take on the unarmed mob, I wonder how willing they will be to start gun battles with citizen self-defense groups.
    Maybe Mixolsi has been studying the Baltimore Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake riot control method?
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Spent some time on twitter and youtube. There's a ton of indignation about "militias" and "vigilantes" defending neighborhoods.

Not so much indignation about, you know, massive looting, arson, and the complete failure of the government to handle the crisis. Interesting.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Sauce View Post
    What if, when the troops hit the streets, they first move to disarm the citizen defenders instead of moving to quell the mobs?
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Entropy, thanks for the link. It provides valuable context.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadfly View Post
    All this talk reminded me of a clip from a a Russian movie….

You made me do a thing, having reminded me of Horse Guard Attack from the soundtrack:

https://ipfs.io/ipfs/QmeqPNPQN8jjod2...ace_of_God.mp3

More specific to the clip, the heir apparent to the Russian throne declined appointment and gave the nod to another. This caused a rift in the army and about 3,000 troops who had already sworn fealty to the non-Tsar assembled before the senate plus some grenadiers who made a failed attempt to seize a building. After a day of negotiations and one failed cavalry charge - icy cobbles - your clip picks up pretty accurately.

The current state of things, hopefully our P-F.com members are staying safe and this doesn't completely spiral further down the drain.

Extremely graphic, NSFW, not safe for children.

https://twitter.com/@twitter/status/1416020172482166797
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    The current state of things, hopefully our P-F.com members are staying safe and this doesn't completely spiral further down the drain.

Extremely graphic, NSFW, not safe for children.

https://twitter.com/@twitter/status/1416020172482166797
    I'm not sure what I'm seeing there.... Black on Black brutality... Is that a looter being carved up or a defender? The comments don't clarify it for me.

Awful. Chaos.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    I'm not sure what I'm seeing there.... Black on Black brutality... Is that a looter being carved up or a defender? The comments don't clarify it for me.

Awful. Chaos.
    It was supposedly Indians in the Phoenix community who killed the guy best I can tell from other threads.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    It was supposedly Indians in the Phoenix community who killed the guy best I can tell from other threads.
    I couldn't tell if the brute with the pistol and fire axe was indian or black. Either way, this situation is absolutely bringing out the beasts in people.
    I think no matter what happens next, the ethnic Indian community is going to take it in the neck; they are doing very poorly in the public relations part of the conflict.

Lord preserve us from such times. History proves that the mix of folks who live here would be far more coldly efficient about it if deemed necessary.

Gay Gezunt, Saffers!

There is all sorts of misdirection and propaganda going on, too. I found a twitter post from a Zulu fellow who was claiming that white folks were looting without consequences, and for an example, he posted a picture from...Minneapolis, taken last June. I called him on it.
    Last edited by Lex Luthier; 07-16-2021 at 01:13 PM.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

User Tag List