Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Widespread Riots in South Africa

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    They were hanging tires around heads and lighting them off decades ago...

Axes? Meh.

I recall that was one of Winnie’s favorites, no?
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Well, since people are now being carved up with axes, it seems reasonable to ask the question.

How long until this goes full Rwanda?

If I was a white person there, I'd be thinking hard about European Jews in 1937.
    Whites have been sliding down the socio-economic ladder in SA for some time, and many with the means already immigrated to the US, UK, NZ, etc. However, a quick tour of twitter shows that Indians are getting the brunt of the hate during the current unrest.

Asians in general, and Indians in particular, have long been scapegoated in Africa. Idi Amin successfully whipped-up that hatred in 1972 and expelled tens of thousand of them, seizing their businesses and property along the way.

During the current unrest, the twitter-verse largely seems to resent the fact that Indians defended their communities, and there are numerous claims that Indians are conducting widespread violence against peaceful and innocent blacks. It's hard to tell what's going on from here in the US, but I have a hard time believing that.

Quote Originally Posted by entropy View Post
    They were hanging tires around heads and lighting them off decades ago...

Axes? Meh.

I recall that was one of Winnie’s favorites, no?
    Most commonly quoted as, "″With our boxes of matches and our necklaces we shall liberate this country."
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    There is such a thing evolving genocide.

Nods in Bosniak.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Another interesting take from a British Expat who lives there. I'd love to hear what our SA resident members think of this fellow's points. How accurate do you reckon it all is?

https://quillette.com/2021/07/16/why...-south-africa/
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    The current state of things, hopefully our P-F.com members are staying safe and this doesn't completely spiral further down the drain.

Extremely graphic, NSFW, not safe for children.

https://twitter.com/@twitter/status/1416020172482166797
    While archiving that and unfortunately stone-cold sober, saw this heartwarming example of quality parenting below:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1415897166367936512

Latinos should probably stop whining about la chancla when other matriarchs break out a sjambok.

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luthier View Post
    Another interesting take from a British Expat who lives there. I'd love to hear what our SA resident members think of this fellow's points. How accurate do you reckon it all is?

https://quillette.com/2021/07/16/why...-south-africa/

If you step back and use soft focus, this should all vaguely look familiar.
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    I But man, that is tough when it is your country, if you don’t have ties to anywhere else. Especially when the neighboring countries aren’t great options either.

If it was my country I could picture deciding to stay and try to be part of the solution or at least go down fighting.
    My thoughts, pretty much.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Site Supporter
    Thanks to that article that Lex Luthier posted I learned about the Durban Riots of 1949 which was a Zulu vs Indian affair that left 142 dead many raped and over 1,000 injured.

It’s worth a google search for those trying to learn a bit about the situation there.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Quote Originally Posted by entropy View Post
    Good article.

I recall a thread here a few years ago about the confiscation of white owned farms in South Africa. Now, there is this locust horde of looters consuming everything in its path (stealing) from other productive elements of SA society. From a Second Amendment oriented perspective here on PF, we are at least seeing the importance of firearms ownership for self defense in a real world context. I have friends from SA, who are now Texans, and they feel very fortunate that they were able to get out.
    "Rich," the Old Man said dreamily, "is a little whiskey to drink and some food to eat and a roof over your head and a fish pole and a boat and a gun and a dollar for a box of shells." Robert Ruark

User Tag List