Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 6 moa Aimpoint H2

Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Exactly what I would like for my Beretta 1301 if I could get the CROM mount (yes, I am on the notification list for the CROM mount).
    Last edited by Ed L; 07-12-2021 at 08:43 AM.

Site Supporter
    Great shotgun and lever rifle optic!
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

I have the big dot on an Aimpoint S1 on a 14 inch Benelli and love it. Ideal for shotgun and PCC.

I would live to try one of these out but hadn’t even heard of them until now, let alone actually know anyone who has one.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

I saw this on their website a few weeks ago and I loved the idea of it. They have them for sale on Aimpoint's website because Aimpoint has started doing direct sales but they are too rich for my blood:
    https://aimpoint.us/micro-h-2-red-do...tandard-mount/

In my endless search of something enclosed to put on a PCC (I have the Holosun 407CO on them now which works perfectly but isn't sealed against the elements; if Holosun would put that 8 MOA ring in their 509t body I would be done right now but they don't)

I stumbled upon this:

https://www.sigsauer.com/romeo4h-1x20-mm.html

Which has these reticle options:

Name:  ROMEO4H-RETICLES-2021 (1).jpg
Views: 609
Size:  29.1 KB

I am particularily interested in the green horeshoe because if I read the measurements right it's essentially a 5 MOA horseshoe with a 0.5 MOA dot in the center and then some other 0.5 MOA dots for bullet drop and windage which can be turned off. I emailed Igor the guy that makes Strelok Pro to add it to the app and he did so I can preview what it looks like if I were to actually use it on a 9mm 16" barreled gun zeroed at 25 yards and the app tells me this is the bullet drop and what the horseshoe would look like against a USPSA target at 100 yards (I think the horseshoe is thicker in the app than it should be):

Name:  Screenshot_20210712-200716.jpg
Views: 607
Size:  24.6 KB

I have one on backorder so whenever it gets here I will post pics and impressions. The back order price was $270 but no ETA at all.
    Last edited by mrozowjj; 07-12-2021 at 10:24 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by mrozowjj View Post
    I saw this on their website a few weeks ago and I loved the idea of it. They have them for sale on Aimpoint's website because Aimpoint has started doing direct sales but they are too rich for my blood:
    https://aimpoint.us/micro-h-2-red-do...tandard-mount/

In my endless search of something enclosed to put on a PCC (I have the Holosun 407CO on them now which works perfectly but isn't sealed against the elements; if Holosun would put that 8 MOA ring in their 509t body I would be done right now but they don't)

I stumbled upon this:

https://www.sigsauer.com/romeo4h-1x20-mm.html

Which has these reticle options:

Name:  ROMEO4H-RETICLES-2021 (1).jpg
Views: 609
Size:  29.1 KB

I am particularily interested in the green horeshoe because if I read the measurements right it's essentially a 5 MOA horseshoe with a 0.5 MOA dot in the center and then some other 0.5 MOA dots for bullet drop and windage which can be turned off. I emailed Igor the guy that makes Strelok Pro to add it to the app and he did so I can preview what it looks like if I were to actually use it on a 9mm 16" barreled gun zeroed at 25 yards and the app tells me this is the bullet drop and what the horseshoe would look like against a USPSA target at 100 yards (I think the horseshoe is thicker in the app than it should be):

Name:  Screenshot_20210712-200716.jpg
Views: 607
Size:  24.6 KB

I have one on backorder so whenever it gets here I will post pics and impressions. The back order price was $270 but no ETA at all.
    Nice slave labor, stolen technology sight.
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

Site Supporter
    I know it can all be eyeball to eyeball dependent- But, has anyone with astigmatism looked at the 6 moa dot and seen a cleaner/ crisper dot? I know with other red dots I’ve used, the larger dots tend to look more like a dot than a star to my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by msstate56 View Post
    I know it can all be eyeball to eyeball dependent- But, has anyone with astigmatism looked at the 6 moa dot and seen a cleaner/ crisper dot? I know with other red dots I’ve used, the larger dots tend to look more like a dot than a star to my eyes.
    I have not looked at it, but my experience is when you turn a dot up in intensity it loses its shape. That is an advantage of a larger dot size, you can leave it turned down and still quickly find it, and even see the target through the dot.

Site Supporter
    Great new on Aimpoint.

Hard Pass on anything made in the PRC when equal products NOT manufactured in the PRC can be purchased for similar outlays and/or I can afford to spend more on principal alone.
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

User Tag List