Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Struggled with my reloads today

@Spartan1980

I see that the cylinder stop stud on the side of the frame means you got a "goodin" S&W!

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    I was shooting with my m19-3 today. Every single stage some of my reloads required me to seat the bullets with my thumb after leaving the comp 2.

I think it may be partly that I don't clean my brass so they're not new brass slick, and my 19 is a little tighter than my 66. Even with my m66 I find that I'm waiting on the case to seat.

I even pulled a live round out of the gun leaving me with 5 in the gun. That was annoying.

I'm thinking about trying some spring loaded speed loaders. I think I've said that before but this time I'm serious

Speedbeeze, comp 3s? Would it effectively be cheaper to have the gun cut for moon clips?

I think cleaning your brass is a must for getting smooth insertion. When the brass is tumbled good & clean, you’ll feel amazing difference when resizing.

I also strongly recommend the Lee Factory Crimp Die.

Stage 2 got deleted by accident which is fine, I sucked. The mover didn't get reset so I had to restart. Then the RO had issues with the buzzer which screwed with my start. The rest of the stages I did fine. Stage 4 I had a misfire. Normally I wouldn't even pause but I had a squib last week so I had to pull the case to see if it was really a misfire. That added 10 seconds

I switched to my m66-8 halfway through because of the M19s tight chambers I think I might send the cylinder out to get opened up a c-hair. I've also been thinking about getting the charge holes chamfered and look into seeing if I need to get the barrel set back a little.

User Tag List