Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Struggled with my reloads today

Struggled with my reloads today

I was shooting with my m19-3 today. Every single stage some of my reloads required me to seat the bullets with my thumb after leaving the comp 2.

I think it may be partly that I don't clean my brass so they're not new brass slick, and my 19 is a little tighter than my 66. Even with my m66 I find that I'm waiting on the case to seat.

I even pulled a live round out of the gun leaving me with 5 in the gun. That was annoying.

I'm thinking about trying some spring loaded speed loaders. I think I've said that before but this time I'm serious

Speedbeeze, comp 3s? Would it effectively be cheaper to have the gun cut for moon clips?

Comp III would be much cheaper to try than Speed Beez and less likely to drop individual rounds. Speed Beez, however, positively seat every round flush with a post and the two spring only 10 retain the cases by the rim and 2) return the plunger to its rest position. Rather than trigger a spring-loaded cup to launch the cartridges forward, the plunger is manually depressed through its full stroke by the shooter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgvCGcD-FAg

I like Comp 3 spring loaded speed loaders. Most of mine have been Bubberized. The springs push the rounds into the chamber and I let the empty loader fall away as I close the cylinder. No need to toss the loader away.

Several other things I've done. My chambers must be clean. I use a stainless brush from Brownells that is designed for revolver chambers. I use a clean burning powder (Bullseye) for my loads and for competition, I only use jacketed, coated or plated round nose bullets.

Buying a tumbler to clean your brass might be the cheapest solution.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by BN View Post
    Several other things I've done. My chambers must be clean. I use a stainless brush from Brownells that is designed for revolver chambers. I use a clean burning powder (Bullseye) for my loads and for competition, I only use jacketed, coated or plated round nose bullets.
    This 👆

I don’t think you have a reloading device problem, I think you have an ammo problem aggravated by too much fun without PMing your chambers.

I think cleaning the brass and cleaning the chambers with a bore brush wrapped in a cleaning patch with some Flitz on it. Don't do anything stupid like chuck it in a drill, but I used to clean my cylinder chambers and never had extraction problems, even with dirty, reman, lowest bidder ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    Buying a tumbler to clean your brass might be the cheapest solution.
    Yeah, noted.

Quote Originally Posted by paherne View Post
    I think cleaning the brass and cleaning the chambers with a bore brush wrapped in a cleaning patch with some Flitz on it. Don't do anything stupid like chuck it in a drill, but I used to clean my cylinder chambers and never had extraction problems, even with dirty, reman, lowest bidder ammo.
    My cylinders were freshly cleaned. I've never had an extraction issue either. It's an insertion problem.

Phrasing anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    My cylinders were freshly cleaned. I've never had an extraction issue either. It's an insertion problem.

Phrasing anyone?
    When my chambers were dirty, it caused problems going both in and out. Maybe have your chambers polished and chamfered by a gunsmith?

For what it's worth, Revolver Guy testing of various speedloader options:

https://revolverguy.com/what-is-the-...r-speedloader/

For myself, I find the JetLoaders to be more positive and quicker than Comp III's (think they may have a stronger spring). The JetLoaders also fit my hands better. No experience with the Speed Beez but reputation says they are likely to dump cartridges if dropped.
    no one sees what's written on the spine of his own autobiography.

User Tag List